• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Not sure why he wants Assante moved around alot, he's our best CB. JC needs to earned that paycheck before being pushed up to #1 CB. I do not like the OL depth we have right now. Jaimes has been here a few seasons and I've seen Sarrell play more snaps than him and I worry about Linsley health and age going forward. I'm betting we move one of the guards to center but that depth is really concerning. Also relying on 2 guys in the interior Dline coming off major injuries is bad news. I'd like to see a upgrade there.
    That's because Sarrell has played better than Jaimes.

Once upon a time, Sarrell was a highly rated college player at Stanford, and big things were expected of him. Then injury hit.

Sarrell has always been a better prospect than Jaimes. But due to Sarrell's injury, the Bolts were able to sign him as an UDFA.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Once upon a time, Sarrell was a highly rated college player at Stanford, and big things were expected of him. Then injury hit.

Sarrell has always been a better prospect than Jaimes. But due to Sarrell's injury, the Bolts were able to sign him as an UDFA.
      I believe Sarell started working out with Duke Manyweather this past offseason so it will be interesting to see if he suddenly improves like Pipkins did.

Was also happy to read that Slater was going back to work out with Duke for the 5 weeks until camp starts - he gets it.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Jaimes is a disappointment. When they drafted him I thought they may have found a jewel in the rough. He was a four year starter at LT for Nebraska. I thought a guy that was a four year starter in the Big 10 must be a pretty good prospect. I was wrong.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Not sure why he wants Assante moved around alot, he's our best CB. JC needs to earned that paycheck before being pushed up to #1 CB. I do not like the OL depth we have right now. Jaimes has been here a few seasons and I've seen Sarrell play more snaps then him and I worry about Linsley health and age going forward. I'm betting we move on of the guards to center but that depth is really concerning. Also relying on 2 guys in the interior Dline coming off major injuries is bad news. I'd like to see a upgrade there.
          Sarrell is swing T depth. Hall is vet C depth. Jaimes, McFadden G/C prospects.
          IDL, Matlock and priority UDFA Jerrod Clark are interesting. We signed vet FA DT Nick Williams. Bash and Fox are solid, Johnson looks like he'll be ready. Otito may take a while.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Shannon Sharpe to CBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

How about adding some depth Keyshawn Boutte? And a good Vet Jaylon Smith linebacker from Notre Dame. I just want a solid vet around Henley that knows how to be a pro.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I don't see any NFL giving the Chargers a draft pick for Dustin Hopkins.
                am I missing something here?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                  How about adding some depth Keyshawn Boutte? And a good Vet Jaylon Smith linebacker from Notre Dame. I just want a solid vet around Henley that knows how to be a pro.
                  All Pro LB Eric Kendricks is a Charger.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

JT Woods

50 Cent Smh GIF
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

am I missing something here?
                      Yes. The article suggests that the Chargers might end up trading Hopkins at the end of camp.

I'm saying, I don't see another NFL team giving up a pick to get him.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Two comments from Popper's article:

1. Kendricks is going to have a crucial role in Staley’s defense as the green-dot signal-caller in the huddle. I think Kendricks will have the most impact against the run.

This situation at inside linebacker reminds me a lot of when they brought in Cory Linsley. They were screwing around trying to develop their center from draft picks for years; finally, they said to hell with it.

2. Samuel was a liability in run defense last season, and that could impact his role in 2023 with Jackson back in the fold. Taylor is a bigger and better run defender than Samuel.

Why is Samuel Jr. a liability against the run to the point of sitting him? If every corner needs to be above average in that respect, then there is something wrong.
                        They got a lot of big corners.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Jaimes is a disappointment. When they drafted him I thought they may have found a jewel in the rough. He was a four year starter at LT for Nebraska. I thought a guy that was a four year starter in the Big 10 must be a pretty good prospect. I was wrong.
                          I've been disappointed by Jaimes also...but who knows? He may be the next Pip that needs THREE years of coaching up before he becomes average to slightly above average...

Comment

Working...
                          X