Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Katdnzr View Post
    Wow, check in to Powder Blues Forum each day to catch up on the latest Charger debate and insight. Then I have to scroll through page after page of regurgitated come backs that offer nothing interesting or new. Time to check in on the Charger Fans forum for actual interesting discussion.
    It's early June. If you have some fresh material to contribute please do so.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It's early June. If you have some fresh material to contribute please do so.
      Me and Velo are just building a rapport that will carry us through the season. Fire steels the iron. We will come out a stronger team.

Sorta like that Guymby-Herbie chemistry that ever analysts and pundit in the league can’t stop talking about. Seriously, turn on ESPN and try to avoid it.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

How do you explain that the defense played so well in this game, against one of the best passing offenses in the league, while Derwin was inactive? The week before against the Raiders the Chargers' D got burned for 27 pts. When Derwin returned to the lineup after not playing for four weeks in which the defense gave up an average of 11 pts per game, the defense got burned for 31 pts in consecutive games. How do you explain that?
        Derek Carr completed 16-30 for 250 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception. Josh Jacobs ran for 144 yards and a touchdown. Davante Adams had 177 of Carr's yards and both touchdowns. You put that on Derwin James?

The Dolphins were exposed by San Francisco the week before they played us. More specifically Tua was. Do you really think we would have lost that game if Derwin had played?

It's very easy to explain why the defense played so well without Derwin in those four games, Besides the exposed Dolphins, the opponents were the Titans (no passing game), Colts (nothing at all, with Jonathan Taylor out), and the Rams (Baker Mayfield making his second start in Los Angeles, after being given up on by his second team). You act like we played the 1984 Dolphins, the 1999 Tennessee Titans, Peyton Manning's Colts, and the 1999 St. Louis Rams.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Others have pointed out in other threads (it may even have been you) how well the defense played during this stretch of the season - how good the pass defense in particular was. Using these games as an indicator that we were the # X ranked passing defense - hooray look how great we are!

I've commented on exactly this information in those threads, pointing out that our defense had not necessarily improved, it was just the caliber of competition being shit that made them look good, to which the response was essentially 'so what - stats are stats'.

So - which way do you want it?? Did our defense actually improve without Derwin? Or did we play teams with terrible offenses, with backup / or injured QB's which drove the 'supposed' defensive improvement?

In all seriousness I think one the positives to come out of these games Derwin did not play in is that (maybe / possibly), simplification of the defense contributed to the statistical improvement (even though the competition WAS bad). To me this is an indicator that Staley needs to simplify the defense WHEN Derwin's on the field. Basically get the fuck out of the way and let his players play.
          I think the other teams were weak. Derwin played against Indy in between those other weak teams in which we have up only 3 points. He had a INT and a PD with 3 tackles in only 25 snaps. Then missed the next game. You 4 guys guys can say what you want but Derwin is a good player whether or not you think he isn't living up to his contract. I don't think any safety is worth that much but that's what they paid him and it's owners putting out these deals that are setting the bar high. And Derwin isnt just any safety. He is a top safety and somebody not as good will pass his salary soon and then he will he #2 or #3 lol. Who cares.

It's not Derwin imo, it's coaching. In some loses, Derwin had good games and we still lost. He had 13 or 14 tackles against SF and a Sack and we still lost. We probably lose by 20,without him in that game. It's no coincidense that Hill is leaving. I don't think so anyways.

Nothing said jere is going to change Velos mind so I choose to ignore most of it. But when he says Derwin's contract is stopping us from getting players, I'll chirp in and call BS, because it is. They didn't need to restructure him to get players or resign Herbert......which if you ask me, is Velos biggest deal. The bromance with Herbert and what he has coming.

Next season we won't have cap issues either. It will get worked out and some just need to chill. Herbert is going to be here. Ekeler, Everett, Mack one of MW and Keenan may not be. Lindsey could be restructured, maybe they trade Bosa, who knows but it will work itself out.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Katdnzr View Post
            Wow, check in to Powder Blues Forum each day to catch up on the latest Charger debate and insight. Then I have to scroll through page after page of regurgitated come backs that offer nothing interesting or new. Time to check in on the Charger Fans forum for actual interesting discussion.
            Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. You've made all of 35 posts in 4 years. Hardly the stuff of legends.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Sometimes I wonder if there's anyone that plays for the Chargers that someone doesn't have gripe about? Derwin is an all-pro but he makes too much money - let's belittle him. Why can't everyone just be happy that we have a pro-bowl player? Almost makes me want to cuss.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Dangummit!!
                Darius "4.36" Davis
                top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  It's not Derwin imo, it's coaching. In some loses, Derwin had good games and we still lost. He had 13 or 14 tackles against SF and a Sack and we still lost. We probably lose by 20,without him in that game.
                  Your bromance with Derwin is well documented. You're usually not homer, but when it comes to Derwin the love runs deep. Interesting isn't it that a few weeks after the SF game the Chargers' defense faced a much better passing offense without Derwin and won handily?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Your bromance with Derwin is well documented. You're usually not homer, but when it comes to Derwin the love runs deep. Interesting isn't it that a few weeks after the SF game the Chargers' defense faced a much better passing offense without Derwin and won handily?
                    Lol,....Dude, you are so off. I don't have a bromance with anyone on this team. I just know a good player when i see one. I actually never talked about Derwin till you started all your ridiculousness.
                    Can't even pick a favorite player on the team right now. If i had to it would probably be an offensive player.

And what offense are you referring to? Miami?

SF had a season QB rating of 102 to Miami's 95. Now you have a bromance with Tua? Cmon man, Tua played like shit against us and was under pressure often and just threw some bad passes and threw some away. Herbert was sacked twice as often (4 to 2) and hit nearly twice as often(7 to 4) and still played better.

Even LT had shitty games in his career. His MVP season he only had 36 rushing yards 8 catches for only 34 yards against Pittsburgh (2.7 YPC) zero YDs in which he had 31 on the year.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Dangummit!!
                      Fav post ever.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Tua from Week 13 on.

Week 13 against San Francisco: 18-33, 295 yards, two touchdowns, two interceptions. Miami lost, 33-17.
                        Week 14 against Chargers: 10-25, 145 yards, one touchdown, no interceptions. Miami lost, 23-17.
                        Week 15 against Buffalo: 17-30, 234 yards, two touchdowns, no interceptions. Miami lost, 32-29.
                        Week 16 against Green Bay: 16-25, 310 yards, one touchdown, three interceptions. Miami lost, 26-20.

After the Packers, Tua didn't play the rest of the year. The 49ers exposed him. In his last four games he threw six touchdown passes and five interceptions. He completed 54 percent of his passes. The Dolphins lost four in a row. You're acting like Tua and Miami's offense were this unstoppable force that we were able to dominate simply because Derwin James wasn't playing. That's ridiculous.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Fav post ever.
                          I agree. One of the cuss word you can say in front of kids.

Comment

Working...
                          X