Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
    [/B][/U]

Tell me why we over drafted a punt returner again . . . . . . . ?
    Just because there are few punts returned for TDs doesn't mean a good returner can't flip the field and give you better field position. Think how many close games we have played the past couple of years. Every yard matters.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Just because there are few punts returned for TDs doesn't mean a good returner can't flip the field and give you better field position. Think how many close games we have played the past couple of years. Every yard matters.
      Absolutely. Just look at the Super Bowl. Toney didn’t score but he changed the game for KC with his punt return.

this also goes for why Araiza should be brought in. He can flip the entire field.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Absolutely. Just look at the Super Bowl. Toney didn’t score but he changed the game for KC with his punt return.

this also goes for why Araiza should be brought in. He can flip the entire field.
        I'd like to bring Araiza in, but u gotta ask yourself: Why hasn't anyone else brought him in for a tryout? Is there still more to this story?

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Nope, thats not it.
          You don’t think his speed upgrades Guyton’s WR5 spot, maybe even Palmer’s WR4 spot? Okay.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im not trying to take anything away from Davis but he wasnt drafted to be a WR here, though he can be on some plays. If they wanted an upgrade at reciever, Palmer, Scott, Jones, Washington and Boutte were on the board. Yeah some went 6th round but as a WR, thats where Davis would of went...and still might of if we didnt over draft him.

I hope he works out for us as a kr.
            ???

He can’t return kicks and take snaps at WR? Weird.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Technically, you're correct. An upgrade assumes that you had a receiver that could execute the WR screen or Jet Sweep. We didn't. So I would call this more of an addition.
              Lol.

And not just that, the tape I’ve watched, he runs posts, curls, drags, hitches…pretty established route tree for a KR. Moore will be very happy with what he brings to the O, why we didn’t stand pat at WR obviously even after the QJ pick.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This is probably a better reason than the odd TD every other year. Field position is critical . . . . . and every yard does matter. For the record I'm OK with the pick - I think (like most) that Moore will find a way to use him Moore in the offense . . . . . . (there ya go TC - throwing you a bone!).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

You don’t think his speed upgrades Guyton’s WR5 spot, maybe even Palmer’s WR4 spot? Okay.
                  Why would it? Guyton is a 4 year NFL vet now and he ran a 4.35 at his Pro Day so it isnt like he is slower, in fact he is 1/100th faster....not to mention is he shit ton bigger than Davis @ 6'1", 212 lbs.
                  You guys are giving no regard to his small size. He wont play much, i guarantee it. He will get some plays here and there.

For as little as Guyton plays for us, in his college career he had 103 receptions for 1580 yards, 15.3 YPC & 15 TDs. in 3 seasons but he didnt play as a freshman.
                  The NFL is just harder than AA college ball and why we have busts every year.

Im not touting Guyton as some star because he isnt but he has a huge leg up on Davis in this league.

This is Guytons writeup before his draft:

Guyton was a four-star recruit out of Allen, Texas, when he signed with Notre Dame in 2015 (the same class as fellow draft prospect Miles Boykin and Packers WR Equanimeous St. Brown). However, he was suspended for disciplinary reasons before the Irish's bowl game that year, and then left South Bend. He moved back to his home state to play junior college ball at Trinity Valley for one season before transferring to UNT (45-968-21.5, 12 TD). Guyton was named the Conference USA co-Newcomer of the Year and second-team all-conference in 2017 after posting 49 receptions, 775 receiving yards, and a team-best nine touchdowns in 13 games (11 starts). He was the team's second-leading receiver in 2018, catching 54 passes for 805 yards (14.9 average) and six scores in 13 starts. Guyton decided he was ready to move on to the NFL after his redshirt junior season.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd like to bring Araiza in, but u gotta ask yourself: Why hasn't anyone else brought him in for a tryout? Is there still more to this story?
                    Missed an opportunity there . . . . . . you're off your game

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

If Moore is able to create lanes with blockers and motion like at Dallas, Davis' speed on reverses and sweeps is a weapon.
                      Speed kills, or so they say.
                      When I was in high school in the late 60's, the saying was "Speed kills-- drive a Datsun, and live forever!" lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Lol.

And not just that, the tape I’ve watched, he runs posts, curls, drags, hitches…pretty established route tree for a KR. Moore will be very happy with what he brings to the O, why we didn’t stand pat at WR obviously even after the QJ pick.
                        College Bro. Buster Davis was good in college as well. Not saying Davis wont be good im saying at his dimunitive size he probably wont play much. KR and occasional offensive snaps. If you are expecting him to be a huge part of the offense, you are going to be disapointed.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Technically, you're correct. An upgrade assumes that you had a receiver that could execute the WR screen or Jet Sweep. We didn't. So I would call this more of an addition.
                          Technically I saw Lombo call several jet sweeps last year, so it’s in fact an upgrade
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X