• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Biggest playoff coaching fail of all time I ever saw was Marty, that early 4th down call, he was out of his mind and game over.
    Staley calls that analytics.

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Andy Reid was 9-7 his first full year at KC and missed the playoffs, even though he had the experiential advantage vs Staley of serving FOURTEEN YEARS as HC at Philly. BTW - he was only 11-5 and lost in the division round in his second season 2015, I suspect half of TPB will deem an LAC 11-5 year to be a massive failure. so it goes ... i'll still be a happy warrior, indefatigable to the end.

the secret life of walter mitty film GIF by Sandra Suárez
      Historically false. Reid finished 11-5 in his first year at KC making the POs. It should be noted that he took over a 2-14 team from the previous year.
      He missed the PO in his second year. Every year thereafter he has made the POs.

There is no comparison between Reid and Staley and no attempt is going to change that. The only thing that will change any present narrative
      of comparison between the two will be for Staley to make the POs from here on in and win 2 SB with 4 appearances. I wish Staley good luck.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Where do all your low expectations come from?
        Simply because we're basically the same team, personnel-wise, as we were last year. Many are assuming: 1) Better health. That *could* happen...or we could have worse health. Or somewhere in between. 2) Staley is going to somehow improve just because it's his third year. What supports that assumption? "Just because" other coaches have done so in the past? 3) Telesco is gonna nail the Draft. Something he has yet to do. I'm expecting one starter out of this Draft; one true impact player. If we're lucky, two. So Kendricks and our one or two draftees are the big additions to the roster. This is cause for all the optimism?

This time last year I was all over the possibilities. Fast forward to now and we're just a year older, with 2-3 new starters (at most), a scary salary cap situation, and the same underperforming FO and HC.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Is it possible that only Pipkins increased his play ?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Simply because we're basically the same team, personnel-wise, as we were last year. Many are assuming: 1) Better health. That *could* happen...or we could have worse health. Or somewhere in between. 2) Staley is going to somehow improve just because it's his third year. What supports that assumption? "Just because" other coaches have done so in the past? 3) Telesco is gonna nail the Draft. Something he has yet to do. I'm expecting one starter out of this Draft; one true impact player. If we're lucky, two. So Kendricks and our one or two draftees are the big additions to the roster. This is cause for all the optimism?

This time last year I was all over the possibilities. Fast forward to now and we're just a year older, with 2-3 new starters (at most), a scary salary cap situation, and the same underperforming FO and HC.
            Add in the fact -
            Atlanta =- took the DLineman fumbling Ekelers fumble to get the FG
            Cleveland - York missed a FG
            Tennessee - never should have been that close
            Denver - took a guy dropping a punt to win the game

Chargers won some pretty close games - those can flip around pretty easily

and yes, the team is older if you include Kendrick for Tranquill - and I get the move, I really do.

Salary cap situation - still not sure what they are thinking but its really pushing chips.
            Now, I truly hope Telesco has a solid draft. I hope the team stays healthy. I hope Moore is the right play caller that improves the offense and that the defense somehow is able to get off the field a bit more. If those things happen, solid 12 win team

Now, If this thing goes sideways, firesale at the trade deadline if the Spanii had the cajones to do it

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Add in the fact -
              Atlanta =- took the DLineman fumbling Ekelers fumble to get the FG
              Cleveland - York missed a FG
              Tennessee - never should have been that close
              Denver - took a guy dropping a punt to win the game

Chargers won some pretty close games - those can flip around pretty easily

and yes, the team is older if you include Kendrick for Tranquill - and I get the move, I really do.

Salary cap situation - still not sure what they are thinking but its really pushing chips.
              Now, I truly hope Telesco has a solid draft. I hope the team stays healthy. I hope Moore is the right play caller that improves the offense and that the defense somehow is able to get off the field a bit more. If those things happen, solid 12 win team

Now, If this thing goes sideways, firesale at the trade deadline if the Spanii had the cajones to do it

I agree with this. If it goes sideways early and slim to no chance of playoffs. You start to try and trade Allen and Mack for picks to a contender because you know those 2 are top cut candidates next year.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                [/B]

I agree with this. If it goes sideways early and slim to no chance of playoffs. You start to try and trade Allen and Mack for picks to a contender because you know those 2 are top cut candidates next year.
                Also Williams &/or Bosa. And one other thing, all four make the league minimum so the team trading for each wouldn't have cap issues

that said, let us hope for a one helluva draft, maybe a couple few veteran signings post draft to the training campe and the team is 8-3 or whatever at the deadline and not 4-7

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Andy Reid was 9-7 his first full year at KC and missed the playoffs, even though he had the experiential advantage vs Staley of serving FOURTEEN YEARS as HC at Philly. BTW - he was only 11-5 and lost in the division round in his second season 2015, I suspect half of TPB will deem an LAC 11-5 year to be a massive failure. so it goes ... i'll still be a happy warrior, indefatigable to the end.

the secret life of walter mitty film GIF by Sandra SuÃárez
                  Ask us again if Staley ever gets to 11 - 6 with an Alex Smith type at qb.

Now, i need to piece together the meaning of your gif: poka dots, pleasant pastel colors, a skate boarder skating down the avenue of life without worries, a volcano going off unbeknownst to him....

Subtle dig at the pollywogs? Nice!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Bring back the peckers (those who peck).
                    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Ask us again if Staley ever gets to 11 - 6 with an Alex Smith type at qb.

Now, i need to piece together the meaning of your gif: poka dots, pleasant pastel colors, a skate boarder skating down the avenue of life without worries, a volcano going off unbeknownst to him....

Subtle dig at the pollywogs? Nice!
                      And everything he said about Reid missing the PO and record was wrong.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Who wants to run it back?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Who wants to run it back?
                          Players might be same for the most part but the offense needs to look different and have much different results

Defense we know will have Kendricks and possibly a new S - but again, different schemes and most important, better results

Comment

Working...
                          X