• QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Do you really think they want to win?

I am not sure that is the correct answer. As if they truly wanted to win - the Spanii offspring would not be in teh building, Dean would be in Vail or Aspnen flipping burgers at his shake shack and letting somebody else run the team and TT would have been fired. I think they are good making money - with the new valuations
    I think the Span-Asses *want* to win, they just are so damned incompetent, and much too proud to move off their (losing) model. It's like all those people who audition for American Idol: They can't sing worth a shit, yet they've convinced themselves they're they next coming of Carrie Underwood. The Spani must have convinced themselves that their way will work, even though they've failed miserably during their putrid tenure as owners.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I think the Span-Asses *want* to win, they just are so damned incompetent, and much too proud to move off their (losing) model. It's like all those people who audition for American Idol: They can't sing worth a shit, yet they've convinced themselves they're they next coming of Carrie Underwood. The Spani must have convinced themselves that their way will work, even though they've failed miserably during their putrid tenure as owners.
      If anything they poo poo the notion of coaching competency by allowing coaching talent to leave (Steichen, Rivera) and hold on to mediocre talent that should be allowed to leave (Lynn, Lombardi).
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

I think this is fair

I truly do not think Dean is that bright of a person either. So you have an incompetent person who isn't smart with their ego getting in the way

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• Icebolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2023
            • Send PM

They think their own SH... don't smell

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
              Where does this big mouth asshole work? Anonymous shit isn't very persuasive. Shame on Popper.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Where does this big mouth asshole work? Anonymous shit isn't very persuasive. Shame on Popper.
                His opinion maybe off the cuffs, but his facts are not wrong. Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Jags all ahead of us last year. So technically
                we are the 5th best team in the conference and we haven't won a PO game in 4 years. So there's that.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

His opinion maybe off the cuffs, but his facts are not wrong. Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Jags all ahead of us last year. So technically
                  we are the 5th best team in the conference and we haven't won a PO game in 4 years. So there's that.
                  KC, Buf, Cincy finished ahead of us. We were 4th in conf. https://www.nfl.com/standings/division/2022/reg
                  We play 2 v KC and 1 Bills in 2023, plus Min & Dal for a total of 5 games vs teams who had a better 2022 record. Pre 2021 means nothing. and 2022 not much. 2023 is all that counts.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I think that's the objective for this next season.... to join the top tier teams.... w/12, 13, 14 wins.

right now we are @the top, albeit nonetheless bunched w/the second tier teams @7, 8 and 9 losses.... Miami, Pats, Ravens, Jax and us.

personally that's the bar going into things this year.... 12 wins and to make the AFCCG.

and it's still pretty simple.... unleash the Rocket Man, and.... for those of you that complain that we can't/couldn't because of our Oline, then what are we doing thinking WR @21 ?? !!

fix the darn Oline.... daggammit,

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

KC, Buf, Cincy finished ahead of us. We were 4th in conf. https://www.nfl.com/standings/division/2022/reg
                      We play 2 v KC and 1 Bills in 2023, plus Min & Dal for a total of 5 games vs teams who had a better 2022 record. Pre 2021 means nothing. and 2022 not much. 2023 is all that counts.
                      I have no idea what you're talking about. We did not play Buffalo in 2022. All the fore mentioned teams were better than us. Three had better W-L
                      records and Jacksonville beat us not once by twice. Both were humiliating losses although for different reasons. One can argue that Baltimore is also
                      better, finished with the same W-L record and loss in the PO without their starting QB. Making us possibly the 6th best team in the conference. The guy was spot
                      on with his facts.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        I think that's the objective for this next season.... to join the top tier teams.... w/12, 13, 14 wins.

right now we are @the top, albeit nonetheless bunched w/the second tier teams @7, 8 and 9 losses.... Miami, Pats, Ravens, Jax and us.

personally that's the bar going into things this year.... 12 wins and to make the AFCCG.

and it's still pretty simple.... unleash the Rocket Man, and.... for those of you that complain that we can't/couldn't because of our Oline, then what are we doing thinking WR @21 ?? !!

fix the darn Oline.... daggammit,
                        The O line had injuries and many changes as a result there was never consistency. It was a bad run blocking O line. Pass blocking was a problem
                        when picking up the blitz. Otherwise not so bad. I think we have to wait and see how the starters play together. The backups maybe a problem.
                        So expect some mid-late rounders, UDFA on the O line. The right side needs to improve their run blocking. We've see how thing shape up. Hopefully
                        Moore has different blocking schemes and play designs, especially when it comes to run blocking. .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

I think there's a persuasive argument for the Jags finishing ahead of us . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X