• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolts4ever213
    Day One...
    • Mar 2019
    • Brentwood, 94513
    • Send PM

Ha I know I don’t post to much, but I did say, put Johnson back to the left. If we didn’t resign Pipkins, he’d probably wouldn’t be moved.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Me fine too. Don't think it's makes a diff though but if Zion IS more at home there, cool.
      But when beach says he wants for some reason for Salyer to eventually move to OC , he is doing the very thing he thinks the team isn't smart for doing by playing guys out of the their "natural" possition.

I don't necessarily buy that. Many, many OL play all over the OL. Slater has, many college LT start at RT in the NFL then move over.

We have typically liked OL that are versatile and the players know it benefits them to do that.
      Lol...I dont always agree with Beach...

But I always liked Zion going leftside, where he was great in college...Salyer is gonna be retraining, no matter what side we put him on.

But yea...not a huge deal...just something new to talk about, lol
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        I don’t know if I agree with this.

They must be reading my old posts from the right after the 2022 draft…very interesting…basically what I posted before we knew that pipkins had arrived was that they were playing fieler out of position, and that RG was the wrong position for johnson…this is what Improposed…slater, johnson, linsdley, sayler, fieler…salyer had already started at RG in college while johnson primarily played on the left side…I still maintain that they should’ve considered fieler for RT…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Just heard Staley. Sounds like trading down is a distinct possibility this year. Need a willing partner.
          Is there a link to that interview?
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

They must be reading my old posts from the right after the 2022 draft…very interesting…basically what I posted before we knew that pipkins had arrived was that they were playing fieler out of position, and that RG was the wrong position for johnson…this is what Improposed…slater, johnson, linsdley, sayler, fieler…salyer had already started at RG in college while johnson primarily played on the left side…I still maintain that they should’ve considered fieler for RT…
            Don't agree about Fieler.
            Just because Pittsburgh was forced to play him there don't mean he is a RT. We were forced to play Salyer at LT but he will be best at OG in the NFL.

Any OL that isn't versatile to play most the OL spots is limiting themselves.

Salyer has about as many snaps at LG as he does at RG, actually a bit more if we split hairs.

Screenshot_20230328-060611.png
            Attached Files

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Is there a link to that interview?
              Just check youtube...type Staley...

Basically just says they love late first, early second talent group....make of that what you will.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Im against the quantity over quality model. I’d rather get just one or two star players. Herbie >>> the next 4 players taken by LAC. Suck on the cap - let the accountants figure out a way, i want stars!
                Totally agree. Have mentioned if Top 15 talent is on the board at 21, as long as not QB - take the player

But what if, there are a group of players with similar grades. Like the TEs, WRs and Edge - there might be a cluster where the rankings of 20 to 30 are pretty close. Meaning the top 15 - there is a cut off - than the next group and finally 20 to 30. If there is a distinct star player - sure. But if the rankings are tight enough - go for the good quantity of TWO players over one player

We agree - if you have a top 12-15 player left on your board - you cannot turn that talent down. But at 21 - its not like a top 10 pick - have no idea if a star or not. And in this draft - with what seems to be clusters of TEs, Edges and WRs - I would rather get two solid players.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I like it....Beach has been all about this for months...makes sense to me, also...
                  My feeling on Zion is this -- if Salyer projects to be the same player at LG or RG - but a guy like Zion projects to be better at LG -- than put Zion at LG and plug Salyer in at RG.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Austin Ekeler for Jerry Jeudy?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      I doubt the Broncos do this - but you never know, Payton might want a Kamara type

Interesting idea...

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I doubt the Broncos do this - but you never know, Payton might want a Kamara type

Interesting idea...
                        I've been hearing Payton wants to draft a WR, but can't justify it unless he moves one of the WR he has. Ekeler would be that Kamara type back in his offense. And I think Jeudy would be a good fit for Herbert.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          I wouldn't do it. Juedy is injured too much and I'm not helping a rival get better.

Comment

Working...
                          X