• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Any word on what’s going on with John Johnson? Seems to be real quiet around the league when it comes to JJ at the moment.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Pass. We got a vet TE who isnt bad and had a career year here, let's draft a cheap stud.
      Dalton Schultz signed with the Texans. Do you think that means the Chargers are targeting a TE in the draft?

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Dalton Schultz signed with the Texans. Do you think that means the Chargers are targeting a TE in the draft?
        I don't know if that has anything to do with the Chargers but I do expect them to draft a TE.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I don't know if that has anything to do with the Chargers but I do expect them to draft a TE.
          The Chargers were rumored to be interested in Shultz, because of his relationship with new OC Kellen Moore. Now that he's signed elsewhere it feels pretty certain the Chargers will draft a TE. Who do you like in what round?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Well, it means that TE in the draft is more of a possibility that it would have been, had the Chargers signed Shultz! lol

Unless the draft falls in such a way that there are just plain FAR better values than TE when the Chargers are on the clock, YES, I expect one to be taken before Day 3.

Like... when it's the Bolts' pick in Round 2, are any of the more talented TE prospects still there? Michael Mayer? Dalton Kincaid? Darnell Washington? If so, it's entirely possible-- not sure I'd say 'likely', but very possible that Telesco would take one here.

If there are others remaining on the Bolts' draft board that merit consideration over the TE position at #2, then I think they go through the same process of consideration in Round 3 with Luke Musgrave, Sam LaPorta and Luke Schoonmaker.

Based on the scant info we have, we're inclined to believe that Brandon Staley is intent on making tight end position dominant in both the blocking and receiving phases. For that to happen, they'll need somebody on the roster they didn't have a year ago.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

I am lookin at TEs Tucker Kraft or Sam LaPorta in the 3rd or 4th if possible.I personally hope we don't burn our 1st pick on a TE unless Moore loves one of em that much.Much rather grab a top edge that falls or Bijon if possible

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

The Chargers were rumored to be interested in Shultz, because of his relationship with new OC Kellen Moore. Now that he's signed elsewhere it feels pretty certain the Chargers will draft a TE. Who do you like in what round?
                Schultz couldn't have been cheap. I can see where the Chargers' powers-that-be would conclude that tight end is one of those positions they'll have to build in a more cap-friendly way-- ie-- through the draft, with cap-friendly rookie contracts.

The money it would have cost to sign Schultz will not go UN-spent, as you know! It will just be distributed differently.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                  Any word on what’s going on with John Johnson? Seems to be real quiet around the league when it comes to JJ at the moment.
                  Saw on IG the Raiders had a meeting with him but he still isn't signed.May want too much $.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Schultz couldn't have been cheap. I can see where the Chargers' powers-that-be would conclude that tight end is one of those positions they'll have to build in a more cap-friendly way-- ie-- through the draft, with cap-friendly rookie contracts.

The money it would have cost to sign Schultz will not go UN-spent, as you know! It will just be distributed differently.
                    Dalton Kincaid or Luke Musgrave in the 2nd round.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Saw on IG the Raiders had a meeting with him but he still isn't signed.May want too much $.
                      Makes sense for the Raiders since they lost Waller. But for the Chargers is Shultz that much of an upgrade over Everett and at what price?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        I am lookin at TEs Tucker Kraft or Sam LaPorta in the 3rd or 4th if possible.I personally hope we don't burn our 1st pick on a TE unless Moore loves one of em that much.Much rather grab a top edge that falls or Bijon if possible
                        To me, that's what's so interesting about THIS particular draft: I think it's pretty clear that there will be at least ONE player of great value to the Chargers available at #21. It's almost mathematically impossible for that to NOT be the case.

We just have NO IDEA which player or players will slip through the cracks and be available to the Chargers. D-line? RB? Edge? CB? It's impossible to say!

As far as drafting a TE goes, I believe the Chargers have a very clear idea of the kind of TE skill set that would ideally complement a Moore-influenced offense, so they won't be taking just *any* tight end. They'll be looking to see if a particular guy is still available at a particular spot in the draft.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Dalton Kincaid or Luke Musgrave in the 2nd round.
                          Kincaid would be a dream at the Chargers' Round 2 pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X