• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Can you blame him? This management group paid JC Jackson twice as much to do absolutely nothing. Maybe they can trade with the bears now to move up to #9 for Bijan without having to give up a #1 next season.
    No, the team did not sign JC Jackson to do nothing. They signed him as the premier FA corner to do the same for us. Than he got hurt in camp and then blew his knee out. Not close to the same situation as Ekeler. I think Ekeler should be extended, but if he is looking for a massive payday who will be 28 before the season, than I'd have a hard time doing that. Maybe someone will vastly overpay for him, but boy does that leave a huge hole.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Can you blame him? This management group paid JC Jackson twice as much to do absolutely nothing. Maybe they can trade with the bears now to move up to #9 for Bijan without having to give up a #1 next season.
      I don't blame Ekeler asking for an extension

I don't blame Ekeler asking to be traded

I wouldn't blame the Chargers for taking the cap space and the 4th round pick for Ekeler.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

They hold his rights for another year so no need to worry about the FT yet.
        Ekeler is doing his business, trying to up the ante. He may feel his body aging too fast.
        What is anyone offering?
        I don't see it happening but Ek is not the best player in the NFL. There are guys I would trade for.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Fehoko not tendered
          Parham not tendered
          Stick brought back

Interesting few hours before the real news happens

Tranquill should test the market based on what the Jets LB - Williams got
          Weird, didn’t see any of that coming…and now ekeler wants a trade, ugh…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            I've been an advocate for Stick, though some on this board are of the opinion he really sucks. They don't give him much playing time even in the preseason and he remains on the roster even though they never activate him. Who knows that their plans are at QB in 2023.

Under Staley/Lombardi, they've preferred carrying 3 QBs on the roster but only 5 WRs. They carried only 5 WRs through 2021 and started 2022 with five. They were forced to carry six later in 2022 due to injuries decimating the WR corps.

My feeling is that they're not bringing back Parham because they think he should retire due to his concussion history.
            Your theory makes sense…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

Losing Parham, possible losing Ekeler, letting go of Fehoko when most of their DTs are injured. That's a lousy way to start the day. Not the kind of news I was looking forward to. I'm a huge fan of Parham, although I agree that health is a huge consideration.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No, the team did not sign JC Jackson to do nothing. They signed him as the premier FA corner to do the same for us. Than he got hurt in camp and then blew his knee out. Not close to the same situation as Ekeler. I think Ekeler should be extended, but if he is looking for a massive payday at 28 than I'd have a hard time doing that. Maybe someone will vastly overpay for him, but boy does that leave a huge hole.
                Your missing the point. They're paying other players a lot more and they were un proven playing on the Chargers. I get it that JC was a legit free agent but they still went out and paid a lot getting zero in return for their investment. Right now he probably feels like he's going to squeezed soon and no real improvement in compensation and employment continuing after Herbert gets signed next year.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Ekeler and a 1 to trade up and draft Bijan that would give us a young RB for Herbert for the next 5 years!

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

As much as I have hated TT for this administration all I can say is go TT... you are in control of my favorite team so do the best possible and bring us a Super Bowl.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                      Shefter reporting that Ekeler wants to be traded since they didn't agree to an extension

Get a 3rd round draft pick
                      I can’t imagine any team is trading for a running back right now, the FA class is huge and some good players available

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

You didn't watch the same player I did then. He was faster last season than I've remember in previous seasons. Those TDs he scores more than anyone else in the league - are you being dismissive of the importance of that?
                        There’s certainly value in it, but Jamaal Williams was right behind him with 17 touchdowns last year. Williams is what, the 25th best RB in the league? Touchdowns aren’t the best indicator of how good a player is relative to his peers, they say more about how good an offense is and/or how a team likes to operate in the red zone.

I think Ekeler is the 10th or so best RB in the league. He’s not in the elite tier of guys that can be a cornerstone of a defense but he’s really damn good. You just don’t give new contracts to those types of guys when they’re already 28. I was perfectly happy to have him this season, but if he wants an extension I think unfortunately it’s time to move on.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

If we were at all interested in Bijan, and were gonna play it smooth to see how far he dropped, we just got screwed...might as well wear mirrored sunglasses to the poker table...

No hate for Eke, though...we been using him like a rented mule...tough situation...
                          Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X