• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
    Schultz is definitely a possibility now. I think Wagner or Kendricks will be too, I still think Tranq walks. Not sure about Fox and Callahan.
    Schultz and how about Leonard Floyd? I couldn't imagine Staley not wanting to sign Floyd if at all possible?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Schultz and how about Leonard Floyd? I couldn't imagine Staley not wanting to sign Floyd if at all possible?
      If you have gone this far - might as well at this point release Everett, Feiler and Hopkins, the Cap becomes $31

1) draft class and PS plus Emergency fund of $8m so lets say $23
      2) sign Schultz - cap hit of $6.5m, so 16.5
      3) PIpkins or a solid OT, so 5.5 - down to 11 - if Pipkins is too much, sign Donovan Smith
      4) Tranquill, Kendricks or Wagner - who is the best player for 2023 - my choice would be Eric Kendricks - I think the LBs need to be upgraded
      5) release Hopkins and sign Dicker the Kicker

Callahan, Fox and KVN of the Worlds can be veteran minimum post draft

But the draft can focus on Edge, WR and maybe even a guy like Bijan

If you are going to push the damn chips in - might as well upgrade if you can and I think Schultz is an upgrade over Everett and Tranq was nice but I think kendricks might be better for the Chargers as they need to stop the damn run

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Restructuring always has a price but the Allen and Williams contracts both expire after next year and it would be easy to extend and free up space for either of them. Mack's contract also expires after next season and can be cut with a $15 million cap hit. Bosa's contract is the only painful one.

We could cut Allen, Williams and Mack after this season and incur a $38 million dead cap hit, but free up over $60 million in cap space. So while I hate credit card bills, it does give us room this year. If we cut Feiler and Hopkins and extend Ekeler we could free up another $10 million.
        I don't think Bosa is that big of deal. Mack, Allen, Williams ....they all save 20-23mil with 11-15mil dead.
        Bosa is right in that range as well with 22mil saved and 14mil dead if traded or cut post June 2024.
        So Chargers have options in how they can manage the cap. And still offer Herbert the 12y/500m 175milGuaranteed.

I expect to see Chargers cut JC Jackson after June this year because it's gets him off the books and opens up 19mil of space for 2024-2026. And doesn't hurt the 2023 space when it is a post June cut.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Seriously moved by all our guys making efforts in restructuring to fit everyone in.
          I'm sure in most cases it benefits them, but they also be butts about things to make it hard for whatever reason.
          we have a great locker room.
          LFGLAC
          Darius "4.36" Davis
          top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Ben Fennell of The Athletic says he's mid round one,
              contrasting with Jeremiah/Zierlein. Fennell's observations are only amplified by Campbell's Combine performance.

This guy can help tremendously in run defense, while being the only draftee who is Green Dot worthy IMV. There is some help in pass defense.

Wagner has slowed down, and is not what he once was in pass defense.
              Bobby has lots of wisdom to rub off on Murray.

Circling back to prime draftables, there is Drew Sanders. Trenton Simpson is interesting because of blitzing and excellent ability to spy on Mahomes !

Draftniks, study some additional tape and scouting reports please.
              We need to get this right.
              Agree, both Sanders and Simpson offer some of the same thing but Simpson is faster. Sanders is more a football player than athlete. Just has a nose for the ball while Simpson will have the better RAS score, if you care about that lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                I thought Gibbs was buried on the depth chart at Bama...totally missed he transferred from Georgia Tech...over 500 touches combined for career, 0 fumbles.

He does returns also...so basically, you would get a RB, vertical threat Slot reciever, and return man...load sharing with Eke, but could also be on the field at the same time...

Is that worth 21, TPB? Is it worth a second and third to trade up and get him in the late first/early second?

Honestly just curious...
                Not to me.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

So stupid and short sighted

I just hope this doesn't mean bringing back all the guys like Pip and Tranq and KVN and Fox
                  lets be honest, that defense sucked and when they needed to step up -they didnt

Telesco is now going to overpay for Schultz
                  and he is going to trade up for Bijan
                  Im betting Pip anyways. Doubt Shultz is in play and he shouldnt be. This TE class is a no brainer for a much cheaper option. So theres your influence. TT has never spend like this with other HCs and not sure restructuring both Bosa and Mack is smart. But.....got to assume they thought this over and have a plan.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The problem is - the Chargers are 14m under the cap next year. If they release Hopkins - that number gets to 20
                    But that doesn't include two draft classes - approximately 20m
                    it doesn't include getting to the 53man roster - so thats another 10m
                    It doesn't include the PS squad this year or next
                    And it doesn't include Herbert
                    So before Herbert they are 20m under the cap - so sure they release a bunch but thats still not great

This is a one year push of a desperate GM trying to save his job using the argument that they won't have injuries and everything will be hunky dory. I hope Telesco nails the draft and free agency and this revamped coaching staff hits a home run
                    They will cut JC Jackson post June 1 this year.
                    Saving 19mil for the 2024-2026.
                    They are not so upsidedown with contracts that they will end up in cap hell. They have plenty of options to get done what needs to get done.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Joey Bosa contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Khalil Mack contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Wow, Macks cap will be worse for us in 2024.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

They will cut JC Jackson post June 1 this year.
                        Saving 19mil for the 2024-2026.
                        They are not so upsidedown with contracts that they will end up in cap hell. They have plenty of options to get done what needs to get done.
                        Sucks that it ended so badly for JC if this is the route. Some of the additional cap space will probably be used to absorb his 2023 cap hit post June 1st. Wonder if we try to extend Vato then. Not to mention if another CB will be looked at in FA or the draft.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wow, Macks cap will be worse for us in 2024.
                          Yeah, that’s the joys of restructuring. You save money this year by pushing it forward. It’s why I don’t see the selflessness when players are asked to restructure. It almost always benefit them.

Comment

Working...
                          X