• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Feiler -- I still look at him as a guy to see if he would take $2m as a swing tackle. I think he is probably better depth than Sarell or NOrton at not much more cost. If its not Feiler, thats fine, but the OT depth needs to be better than Sarell and Storm is all I am saying

Hopkins - its not that much money plus the team will have to pay Dicker - -cap savings is less than a million actually if you include paying Dicker the Kicker
    I do agree about extending Davis - he had a very good year

Its going to be interesting either way and it makes for good discussion
    I truly wish we were still talking about preparing for the Chiefs​
    If you listened to TT’s presser he basically hinted at doing almost everything I outlined there…like I said, these are not difficult choices and the chargers are not in cap trouble…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

From watching TT’s presser yesterday, sounds like people that want to gut all of our higher paid section of the roster are in for disappointment…sounds like pipkins is going to be a priority, TT was effusive with his praise of pipkins said, “he made himself into a starting caliber right tackle in the nfl and tough as they come from what he dealt with his injury”

he was asked about fieler and described him as a guy that doesn’t miss games, that was all the praise he gave to fieler, LOL

Something that stood out….sounds like they will be looking to add a fast receiver early…

it also sounds like jc jackson is going to be in the fold going forward…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

If you listened to TT’s presser he basically hinted at doing almost everything I outlined there…like I said, these are not difficult choices and the chargers are not in cap trouble…
        I wouldn't go that far if you look at 2024 and 2025. And that is how I think you view the cap - a running 3 if not 5 year look at manipulating it. The Saints got into trouble as they kept pushing cap on older players. The Chargers haven't done that yet - just not sure they should be pushing $50m of cap -- but I also don't think they need to. They have the core - they should be able to improve with a good draft class and smart signings like KVN, Callahan and Fox.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

From watching TT’s presser yesterday, sounds like people that want to gut all of our higher paid section of the roster are in for disappointment…sounds like pipkins is going to be a priority, TT was effusive with his praise of pipkins said, “he made himself into a starting caliber right tackle in the nfl and tough as they come from what he dealt with his injury”

he was asked about fieler and described him as a guy that doesn’t miss games, that was all the praise he gave to fieler, LOL

Something that stood out….sounds like they will be looking to add a fast receiver early…

it also sounds like jc jackson is going to be in the fold going forward…
          I don't have a problem with releasing Feiler - I just don't want the OT depth to be two UDFAs in Norton and Sarell. I just think if he took a pay cut, Feiler at 2m is better than either of thsoe guys at 1m. Or Telesco can do his damn job and find a better depth piece than Feiler, Sarell or Norton

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

I don't have a problem with releasing Feiler - I just don't want the OT depth to be two UDFAs in Norton and Sarell. I just think if he took a pay cut, Feiler at 2m is better than either of thsoe guys at 1m. Or Telesco can do his damn job and find a better depth piece than Feiler, Sarell or Norton
            norton wont be brought back, and they will start salyer at LG knowing that he’s the primary back up at both tackle spots, so sarrell will be the defacto #4 OT…the key will be that they bring in some depth at OG and OC, sign a low price vet like aboushi and draft an interior guy in round 2 or 3…it’s worth noting that sarrell should be better going into next season too

so the line is almost complete, sign pipkins, sign lower priced veteran interior guy, and draft center of the future/guard depth in 2nd or 3rd round…

right now I’m leaning speed WR in round 1, edge in round 2, and C/G in round 3…

Comment

• madcaplafs
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2022
              • Send PM

I understand that Feiler didn't have a great year and may be on the decline. That being said, with the situation we had the past year with the O-line, I'd be reluctant to let go of ANY projected starters, or capable backups. I love a starting line of Slater, Salyer, Linsely, Johnson, and Pipkins/Rookie at RT. If we have that with Feiler in reserve, and at least one person who's a capable sub at Tackle (not Storm or Sarrel), I'd say we learned something from the past year.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplafs View Post
                I understand that Feiler didn't have a great year and may be on the decline. That being said, with the situation we had the past year with the O-line, I'd be reluctant to let go of ANY projected starters, or capable backups. I love a starting line of Slater, Salyer, Linsely, Johnson, and Pipkins/Rookie at RT. If we have that with Feiler in reserve, and at least one person who's a capable sub at Tackle (not Storm or Sarrel), I'd say we learned something from the past year.
                Wait, people don’t want to pay pipkins 8 per year because it’s too much money but you want fieler making 8.5 mil as a reserve?:wtf:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

norton wont be brought back, and they will start salyer at LG knowing that he’s the primary back up at both tackle spots, so sarrell will be the defacto #4 OT…the key will be that they bring in some depth at OG and OC, sign a low price vet like aboushi and draft an interior guy in round 2 or 3…it’s worth noting that sarrell should be better going into next season too

so the line is almost complete, sign pipkins, sign lower priced veteran interior guy, and draft center of the future/guard depth in 2nd or 3rd round…

right now I’m leaning speed WR in round 1, edge in round 2, and C/G in round 3…
                  that would be the ideal draft for me -

I like your plan. And yes, maybe Sarrell will go to Duke's camp ( Jaimes should go but he might be a lost cause) and get better

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Wait, people don’t want to pay pipkins 8 per year because it’s too much money but you want fieler making 8.5 mil as a reserve?:wtf:
                    right - we can't keep Feiler at 6.5,m cash
                    if they keep Feiler, probably 25% of that in cash/bonus

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

right - we can't keep Feiler at 6.5,m cash
                      if they keep Feiler, probably 25% of that in cash/bonus
                      Fieler saves the cap 6.5 if we cut him with a dead cap of 2mil, it’s a no brainer, he has to go, and not just because of the emergence of salyer, but because he hasn’t been good…

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

No matter what they are going to have to restructure a few salaries, on top of releasing a couple players like Feiler and Hopkins. The top 4 that stand out to me are, Allen, Bosa, JC Jackson and Linsley.

Restructuring Allen, you could then bring in a vet WR in a guy like Nelson Agholor. Should be able to get him own a good deal and he would be that 4th WR that would push Palmer for playing time, which I think Palmer needs. Agholor brings speed that they need and vet experience. I think Algholor could thrive in an offense that has Allen, Williams, Ekeler and Everett.

Restructuring Bosa, you could bring in more depth behind him and Mack. a guy like Clelin Farrell on top of drafting an Edge in the 1st or 2nd round. Farrell hasn't lived up to his draft position but he does have 1st round pedigree. With him being the 3rd or 4th on the depth chart and vets like Bosa and Mack, Farrell could up his game. He showed signs of improvement this year. I think they need to go into the season with 5 edge rushers, and that is Rumph being the 4th or 5th on the depth chart. That is because of Mack getting older and Bosa's concern of missing time. Not only depth on the edge, but it could free up enough space to resign Morgan Fox

Restructuring Jackson lets you possibly resigning Callahan for another year. Possibly bringing in a vet free safety. Somebody like Logan Ryan formerly a CB that transferred to FS with the Giants a couple years ago and played well. Also played safety with TB this past season. I think a vet like him can help Woods develop. As long as Woods comes into camp 10 lbs heavier with muscle. That will be a first sign of him wanting to grow.

Restructuring Linsley will give you the space to resign Pipkins and a low end vet for depth the IOL.

With releasing Feiler and Hopkins, that might give you enough to resign Tranquill.

So I guess my hopes for the team to resign and sign are these players

Resign-
                        Tranquill
                        Fox
                        Callahan
                        Pipkin

Sign-
                        S Logan Ryan
                        Edge Clelin Farrell
                        WR Nelson Agholor
                        G David Edwards
                        T Yodny Cajuste

All of them seem to be 3rd tier and beyond free agent signings. I do believe there is plenty of ways to make the room they need to sign players. This is the last year Herbert is cheap. His 5th year will still be pretty pricey in the 5th year option. I just hope they get creative with the cap this year to sign players to put them in position they need to be in to succeed.

I haven't done much diving into the draft so I'm just going off what I think at this moment. So I'm just going to go with the first 4 rounds

1st- Edge BJ Ojulari- Need Mack's replacement and why not learn from him for at least a year. Good power and pass rush moves
                        2nd- TE Dalton Kincaid- Great trio with Everrett, Kincaid and Parham
                        3rd- C/G Rick Stromberg- Linsley's eventual replacement
                        4th- WR Andrei Losivas- Straight Speed

I feel like they are going to draft a couple DBs and probably a LBer as well, I just don't know any, this far down the draft.

Last edited by Boltinloudguy; 01-20-2023, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• SK21209
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2020
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

I'm fine with restructuring a lot of guys this offseason and pushing that money into future years. We're going to need to re-tool around Herbert in the next few years anyway. Try to keep/accumulate as much talent as possible for the next couple of seasons.

Comment

Working...
                          X