• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
    Trading Bosa or even JCJ would be good just to dump salary. Likely would have to eat a little of their salary but still worth it.
    A telling sign with the Chargers plans will be how do they get under the cap by March 15. If its Bosa - well he is not going anywhere

If its not Bosa - well why not?

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

You ask why not Bosa? Here's one reason - we already have seen that we are shallow at Edge. Even with both Bosa and Mack, we didn't have enough good players for a decent rotation. I guess if you are okay with using 2 or 3 of your top draft [icks on an Edge it's okay but if you want some skill players for the offense, don't create more needs on defense.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        You ask why not Bosa? Here's one reason - we already have seen that we are shallow at Edge. Even with both Bosa and Mack, we didn't have enough good players for a decent rotation. I guess if you are okay with using 2 or 3 of your top draft [icks on an Edge it's okay but if you want some skill players for the offense, don't create more needs on defense.
        I meant more from a cap management perspective. Bosa is the most likely person to move money for.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I meant more from a cap management perspective. Bosa is the most likely person to move money for.
          We agree in that way.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Do we have any money for Derrick Henry? He’s the big back we need. Let me teach you. With Herbert this guy might rush for 2,000 yds. How do you put 10 in the box with Justin Herbert.? It’s impossible. Herbert will shred you with Allen and Williams. A lot of my moves are based on the fact that we have an all pro Quarterback who can throw it all over the field. Look what Henry did with Tannehil. Imagine what Henry will do with Herbert.

also a Tackle like Slater and a run blocking guard like Zion Johnson. It really makes Herbert better. Keeps him fresh. Allows him not to be hit as much. It protects Herbert. We become more balanced. And if we want to run we can really run. Something we can’t do with Eckler.

I legit think this move makes us super bowl contenders. With Kansas City.

also I think this allows us to draft Michael Mayer who is perfect for us. He’s a Gronk. He’s Travis Kelce. His route running is precise. And he really is big and strong. Goal line has wining one on ones. Perfect for Herbert to open up the middle of the field.

I like him better then Kincade. Kincade looks more like Greg Olson to me. Doug Jolley if you remember him. Todd Heap Jay Novicheck Greg Clark.

id be willing to move other guys to create Cap to sign Henry.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
              Do we have any money for Derrick Henry? He’s the big back we need. Let me teach you. With Herbert this guy might rush for 2,000 yds. How do you put 10 in the box with Justin Herbert.? It’s impossible. Herbert will shred you with Allen and Williams. A lot of my moves are based on the fact that we have an all pro Quarterback who can throw it all over the field. Look what Henry did with Tannehil. Imagine what Henry will do with Herbert.

also a Tackle like Slater and a run blocking guard like Zion Johnson. It really makes Herbert better. Keeps him fresh. Allows him not to be hit as much. It protects Herbert. We become more balanced. And if we want to run we can really run. Something we can’t do with Eckler.

I legit think this move makes us super bowl contenders. With Kansas City.

also I think this allows us to draft Michael Mayer who is perfect for us. He’s a Gronk. He’s Travis Kelce. His route running is precise. And he really is big and strong. Goal line has wining one on ones. Perfect for Herbert to open up the middle of the field.

I like him better then Kincade. Kincade looks more like Greg Olson to me. Doug Jolley if you remember him. Todd Heap Jay Novicheck Greg Clark.

id be willing to move other guys to create Cap to sign Henry.
              D'onta Foreman would be much cheaper than Henry if we want to sign a big RB(236 lbs), and he has been productive.

Henry isn't in our budget.

And Kincaid has natural stick um for hands. Jolley? Lol

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

D'onta Foreman would be much cheaper than Henry if we want to sign a big RB(236 lbs), and he has been productive.

Yeah one huge plus for Kincaid is the guy catches everyhing.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                  Day One...
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Brentwood, 94513
                  • Send PM

I don’t think Bosa is going anywhere. I don’t want him to go anywhere. Yes maybe restructure his deal, but I’m not letting him go.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

man I see what you’re saying I really do. But Derrick Henry is that dude. Just look at the highlights. I know you’ll say he’s old Foreman is cheaper but just look at what we can do with Herbert with Henry.

and come on man. Do you remember Corey Dillion UW running back. When he got to the patriots with Brady they were nearly unnstoppable because when you have a Quarterback like Brady who’s just like Herbert who I compare to Brady. They command so much. So all pro running backs look great to run cause it’s so easy to run. I also want Herbert to not have to do so much Henry does that.

Foreman will be nice. Henry can win us a super bowl.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

man I see what you’re saying I really do. But Derrick Henry is that dude. Just look at the highlights. I know you’ll say he’s old Foreman is cheaper but just look at what we can do with Herbert with Henry.

and come on man. Do you remember Corey Dillion UW running back. When he got to the patriots with Brady they were nearly unnstoppable because when you have a Quarterback like Brady who’s just like Herbert who I compare to Brady. They command so much. So all pro running backs look great to run cause it’s so easy to run. I also want Herbert to not have to do so much Henry does that.

Thanks to the money, we just can't every piece of candy we see.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Henry is 29 and has a TON of mileage on him. He has also missed 10 games over the past 2 seasons with injury. I love how hard he runs but I'd rather draft a RB high than take a chance on him.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Henry is 29 and has a TON of mileage on him. He has also missed 10 games over the past 2 seasons with injury. I love how hard he runs but I'd rather draft a RB high than take a chance on him.
                          no to Henry and ive seen people say we should get Zeke. come on people. put your thinking caps on. its the law of diminishing returns for RBs in the NFL. get the rookie

Comment

Working...
                          X