• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Imagine Trevor Lawrence lining up in his first playoff game - also Justin Herbert's first - against Khalil Mack + Joey Bosa....Advantage: Chargers
    They did lose their starting left tackle last week, I think he’s out until next year but not sure…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

JT Woods, Spiller and Ogbonnia - what happened to these guys? (3rd, 4th and 5th round picks)

Horvath got early playing time in goal line situations, but I have not seen him much after that.

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
        JT Woods, Spiller and Ogbonnia - what happened to these guys? (3rd, 4th and 5th round picks)

Ogbonnia went on IR on Nov. 16. Woods has played a little but his tackling is suspect, which is a bad trait for a safety. Spiller hasn't cracked the rotation.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Ogbonnia went on IR on Nov. 16. Woods has played a little but his tackling is suspect, which is a bad trait for a safety. Spiller hasn't cracked the rotation.
          I've suspected that Woods is going to give the club the flexibility to let Nasir Adderley part in free agency, much the way the team let Adrian Phillips and Rayshawn Jenkins go. Woods has rare speed, but he's a project due to his tackling. I think he's the starter on Opening Day 2023.

Comment

• Air Coryell 84
            JH needs JH
            • Dec 2021
            • SW FL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
            We need a win, the #5 seed is possible
            So for us to get a home game, we would have to get #5 seed, win the first round against #4 seed, and then either the #6 or #7 seed needs to win the first round of their games and we would host one of those two teams at SoFi

Comment

• Air Coryell 84
              JH needs JH
              • Dec 2021
              • SW FL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
              Another big game for EK, need some rest.
              Do you remember the last game the Chargers had 100 yards on the ground
              and the other team not ?
              Other than last night has that ever happened even one other time this season?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

Horvath got early playing time in goal line situations, but I have not seen him much after that.
                Spiller was the youngest player that was drafted in 2022, the chargers are basically giving him a redshirt year and he has flashed a couple of times since preseason, he’s a quality player and the best is ahead for him, I think he has a bright future, same for jt woods, redshirt season, ogbonnia was improving superfast and might end up being one of the better picks in a fantastic class! Mack has already justified the #2 they paid, his leadership and the toughness he’s brought to that defense cannot be understimated, taylor is a stud and leonard is already a STs stud with huge upside at CB, horvath is only going to grow as this offense grows…zion is going to be an All pro by year three if not in 2023…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Interesting position to be in. The old rest vs rust (and injury) argument.

I'll let Staley figure it out.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

He can sit players to protect against injury - as I would understand the logic

That said - I think the offense could still improve and you don't do that in practice - you need game situation

Also, if Bosa can play, I think he needs to play this Sunday. Something like Chase Young with the Commanders - 5 plays per quarter.

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

thanks. I was really interested to see JT Woods after the draft.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

With a longer season and the spot clinched it seems like a golden opportunity to play the younger guys more, you start everyone as usual, let them play 1-2 quarters and then plug in your reserves for the second half…so treat it like the old preseason games…

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Spiller was the youngest player that was drafted in 2022, the chargers are basically giving him a redshirt year and he has flashed a couple of times since preseason, he’s a quality player and the best is ahead for him, I think he has a bright future, same for jt woods, redshirt season, ogbonnia was improving superfast and might end up being one of the better picks in a fantastic class! Mack has already justified the #2 they paid, his leadership and the toughness he’s brought to that defense cannot be understimated, taylor is a stud and leonard is already a STs stud with huge upside at CB, horvath is only going to grow as this offense grows…zion is going to be an All pro by year three if not in 2023…
                          thanks Fouts. it is interesting that Salyer saved our ass and these guys are in a development phase. the draft is a crazy thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X