• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Alot has happened since that game: most concrete development was the defense bonding and gelling mid-way through the season, after allowing an average of 25.8 points per game (ranked 30th) through the first 13 games of the season, the defense clamped down the past two weeks, allowing 15.5 (fourth).

The defense allowed three points last night. :smile:
    The jaguars have also made progress too, I hate to say this but the teams they’ve beaten recently > than the teams we’ve beaten recently…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The jaguars have also made progress too, I hate to say this but the teams they’ve beaten recently > than the teams we’ve beaten recently…
      Imagine Trevor Lawrence lining up in his first playoff game - also Justin Herbert's first - against Khalil Mack + Joey Bosa....Advantage: Chargers

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I see the post-season as an opportunity for the Chargers get payback on the teams that beat them in the regular season: Jax, KC, SF.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The Jags just placed DE Dawuane Smoot and OT Cam Robinson on IR this week, so they just lost a couple of key players.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            JH3 and Me
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

You can't control injuries, I'm sure if the Denver game is a meaningless game in regard to a higher seed, players will be rested. The rams game is going to be tough because this will be the rams biggest pride game for the Fight for LA, which in fact they lost this year! Also the Chargers are the Los Angeles Chargers of Southern California and I believe they have a bigger fan base at this point even tho the rams won the bowl! For some reason the general public LOVE our CHARGERS, there is something so attractive about our team, like kind of a magnet! I truly believe all or most of the former so-cal Raiders fans have migrated over to the Bolts now and have fallen in love with the Chargers. That in its self is a beautiful thing because the former raiders fans have finally seen the light!
            I don’t believe Raiders fans have migrated anywhere. I don’t think they even can migrate, they all wear ankle monitors

and I disagree you can’t control injuries. As you imply, an injury can occur at any time … less time = less chance.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the choices are Buffalo, KC, Cincy, Baltimore, TN and Jags - I am taking the Titans or Jags for the early slot on WildCard Saturday every time.
              I remember wanting the Jets in 2004 and 2009. We know how that turned out. Gonna have to play tough teams on the road. We don’t mind playing on the road. Our homes games are often road games

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                As others have said, these two games are far from meaningless. First, the Chargers need to maintain momentum. Second, getting the fifth seed is actually pretty likely: The Chargers need to win their last two, and the Ravens need to lose to the Bengals in Cinncinnati in week 18. All of those should happen. At that point, the Ravens and Chargers would both be 11-6, but the Chargers would win the tiebreaker on the basis of better conference record (8-4 vs. 7-5), as I understand the tiebreaking procedures.

The Bengals would rest their starters in week 18 only if the Ravens lose this weekend to the Steelers, which won't happen.
                Steelers are feeling it, they could beat the Ravens.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Mike Florio and Chris Simms are very complimentary of the Chargers, but they both have lingering reservations about the offense.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

[QUOTE=blueman ;n1441228]Steelers are feeling it, they could beat the Ravens.[/QUOT]

That works too. As long as the Ravens lose at least one more game the Chargers can get the 5th seed.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Teams that have below-average run game seldom get out of the first round of the playoffs. If we get Slater back, we may have an improvement in our running game, if not, we'll be depending on our defense to do a great job because this offense is only about a 20 point offense.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        Teams that have below-average run game seldom get out of the first round of the playoffs. If we get Slater back, we may have an improvement in our running game, if not, we'll be depending on our defense to do a great job because this offense is only about a 20 point offense.
                        This. It’s all about, again, the OL.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I remember wanting the Jets in 2004 and 2009. We know how that turned out. Gonna have to play tough teams on the road. We don’t mind playing on the road. Our homes games are often road games
                          Yes, you make good points. End of the day, Chargers need to be prepared to play whenever, whomever and whereever

I still think the Chargers should find a place to practice the week right after the Denver game - maybe John Carroll Univ since both Telesco and Staley have ties to the college. Or something to better accilimate. Also cut down the travel since will already be in Denver. Instead of flying back to CA, than taking another travel day to fly to the team. Just fly closer that Sunday night.

Comment

Working...
                          X