Chargers at Colts Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 16)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Watching Good Morning football on NFLN - the show is growing on my over most ESPN shows without Mina Kimes - but they were reporting that Bosa might practice this week

It would be nice if he got some practice this week
    Some reps against Denver
    and ready for the playoff game

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

FACTS
      OPINIONS
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

You know, I initially thought it was unchallengable but maybe I'm mistaken.
        If it was, I wished Staley would have challenges it
        I think if they would have called it a TD on the field it would have been automatically reviewed and not subject to challenge if they said he was out. But they didn’t and Staley could have challenged. Surprised he didn’t since we had nothing to lose other than a TO we didn’t need at that point. Great throw by Herbert and Keenan was money

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          JH3 and Me
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

You know, I initially thought it was unchallengable but maybe I'm mistaken.
          If it was, I wished Staley would have challenges it
          I doubt there was enough evidence to overturn it. The one CG enhanced blow up they showed of his foot was, to me, a big maybe touching the white maybe not. I could not see clearly he did not - which is what I had thought on a few other replays.

Comment

• Air Coryell 84
            JH needs JH
            • Dec 2021
            • SW FL
            • Send PM

Someone posted this on Reddit and I agree 1000%

Payton as HC and stayley as defensive coordinator with a ton of power. Still keep doing the locker room speeches and all his other shit he likes doing etc but the mastermind needs to be Payton.

The coaching and coordinator is a big problem for the chargers. We beat the colts but honestly it wasn't convincing the offense was disgusting to watch.

With how our defense played we should have dropped 40+ points on the colts today. Weird game and an unconvincing win. If we look like that in the playoffs it won't be a win in the wild card I can assure you that.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell 84 View Post

Payton as HC and stayley as defensive coordinator with a ton of power. Still keep doing the locker room speeches and all his other shit he likes doing etc but the mastermind needs to be Payton.

The coaching and coordinator is a big problem for the chargers. We beat the colts but honestly it wasn't convincing the offense was disgusting to watch.

With how our defense played we should have dropped 40+ points on the colts today. Weird game and an unconvincing win. If we look like that in the playoffs it won't be a win in the wild card I can assure you that.
              That will never happen and Staley shouldn't do that. The problem is Staley still wants to call plays on defense which is probably why Gannon or Evero didn't go to the chargers as DC. Staley was going to call the plays

Now if Payton wanted to be the OC for the Chargers for one year ....

I know this much - Herbert needs a new OC next year. And thats not Shane Day either - they need to think outside the organization

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                JH3 and Me
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                There is a chart on ESPN showing all of Herberts pass locations.... all were less than 20 yards and most less than 10...... Lombardi is wasting that talented arm
                Well thats not even true, I saw multiple passes > 20 yards. The pass to Parham called back was >20. The KA flea flicker > 20. Thats just bullshit. I also saw him look deep on his first read multiple times but the receiver wasn’t open so he didn’t throw it up for grabs. he instead moved thru his progressions. That doesn’t count as a long pass but it was clear watching him he was looking deep downfield several times.

i want to see him finding more downfield receivers more often too, but the misnomer this board cannot wrap their skulls around is

1. We do not have elite sub-4.4 speed receivers that will run past DBs easily. That is not their game

2. DCs are playing a lot of soft cover 2 and protecting against deep throws, just like Staley’s original design, aka Fangio shell. They know about Herbie’s arm too.

It was good to see receivers finding soft spots in the zone coverage > 10 yards down more often last night than some recent games. If they find those 10-15 yard spots consistently, I’m fine with that.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                  Good win and good play. We still didn't run the ball or stop the run that well though. Hopefully we can do enough when we face a real top level team. I think we can hang w CIN, maybe win but most likely a loss.

Hope I'm wrong but just staying grounded

If we could get to the #5 seed though, we have enough to beat JAX.
                  I think we did fine stopping the run.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    Stack Au Ag Pb
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell 84 View Post

Good lord…..fucking Reddit

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Well thats not even true, I saw multiple passes > 20 yards. The pass to Parham called back was >20. The KA flea flicker > 20. Thats just bullshit. I also saw him look deep on his first read multiple times but the receiver wasn’t open so he didn’t throw it up for grabs. he instead moved thru his progressions. That doesn’t count as a long pass but it was clear watching him he was looking deep downfield several times.

i want to see him finding more downfield receivers more often too, but the misnomer this board cannot wrap their skulls around is

1. We do not have elite sub-4.4 speed receivers that will run past DBs easily. That is not their game

2. DCs are playing a lot of soft cover 2 and protecting against deep throws, just like Staley’s original design, aka Fangio shell. They know about Herbie’s arm too.

It was good to see receivers finding soft spots in the zone coverage > 10 yards down more often last night than some recent games. If they find those 10-15 yard spots consistently, I’m fine with that.
                      yeah, but we rarely throw past the first down marker...... 80% + is way short and we are praying for rack to get first downs or TD's...... not on attempt into the endzone or over the end zone when we had first and goal twice from the 10!????..... intentionally settling for FG's both times ...zero attempts into endzone...... that is a growing trend even against all the bad teams we have been playing....not an exception....

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Both games are meaningless, and certainly not worth getting someone important hurt this late going into the dance, I want the wins too but right about now it sure would be nice if we didn’t have to worry about herbert taking a cheap shot in the next two weeks, if only we had a halfway decent back up QB….play herbert a half and let the backup play the second half…
                        They’re not entirely meaningless especially with regards to seeding and keeping players from being rusty. If we get Bosa and Slater back before the end, it would be nice for them to get some live competition snaps.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

yeah, but we rarely throw past the first down marker...... 80% + is way short and we are praying for rack to get first downs or TD's...... not on attempt into the endzone or over the end zone when we had first and goal twice from the 10!????..... intentionally settling for FG's both times ...zero attempts into endzone...... that is a growing trend even against all the bad teams we have been playing....not an exception....
                          You really didnt see Herbie throw one over the end zone last night? You should rewatch the tape.

Comment

Working...
                          X