Titans at Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Like the interesting football takes .. crisp, clear, point intended.

- GREAT GAME again. Wins, baby - screw the nattering nabobs in their beanbag chairs just not satisfied with the style points. A win is the only thing, it is everything
    - Staley is getting his Defense to play. K9 starting to get the hang of it, but he’s not the only one.
    - Staley is getting his entire team to play with heart and guts. Guys are playing hard for him, he owns that locker room.
    - Staley’s time outs won the game, Took control of the script like a boss. Brilliant.
    - I knew Henry could go >100 without the Titans winning. Modern football, Staley will give up 140 rush yards every week if the benefit is he can keep pass damage under control. Note it was two big pass plays on their last drive that got them in spot for their second TD.
    - Golden Boy was a bit off and still comes up Captain Clutch when it matters - hows that for an off day!
    - Feiler should be gone ‘23, Salyer starting LG next year. Groom OG backups so he can be swing OT when needed. Forget the “continuity”, best players should play and you don’t bench a starting caliber OL because he’s OT3. You find him a spot inside.
    - Eke has the biggest heart on the team. Thats not a knock on anyone else either, he’s just guts
    - That one Slayer pass was clearly incomplete. Ball dislodged as he hit the ground, thats obviously INC per rule. Great decision to not challenge by Staley, don’t listen to the chirping from the cheap seats.
    - I’d bet BOTH MDub and Slayer are back next year. We need a speed receiver, all the cool kids have one.
    - Carter doesn’t get anything on punt returns that isnt right there and waiting for any other returner. He’s ok for ‘22 but I’m unimpressed with his 14 games so far.
    - Dicker IS the kicker.
    - who wouldn’t love a “Henry type”? Count me in
    Vrabel is an idiot - well not usually - but yesterday
    should have runb Henry 30 times yesterday

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Vrabel is an idiot - well not usually - but yesterday
      should have runb Henry 30 times yesterday
      Chargers D stopped him enough times, they would have lost. My opinion … never know.

I’ll just accept via this post that its the second week in a row that Staley was the best coach on the field?
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Our ST have been so solid this season and again on Sunday. Punt coverage is on point, JK gets everything away cleanly and when we needed more distance Sunday at the end he delivered. Carter fields cleanly. Nothing spectacular on returns but again solid and no mistakes. And Dicker the Kicker has been as close to perfect as you can get. Refreshing

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Chargers D stopped him enough times, they would have lost. My opinion … never know.

I’ll just accept via this post that its the second week in a row that Staley was the best coach on the field?
          I would agree.

Hopefully he makes it three in a row in Indy and the chargers win

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I would agree.

Hopefully he makes it three in a row in Indy and the chargers win
            Staley should be able to out coach Jeff Saturday.....who now owns the biggest choke job deficit loss in history.

Just get some pressure on Ryan and watch him fold like a tent.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-19-2022, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Bosa plays maybe?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Staley should be able to put coach Jeff Saturday.....who now owns the biggest choke job deficit loss in history.

I actually wonder with the Taylor injury, if the Colts decide to tank for 2023 draft slot. Texans have the top pick - probably taking QB; Cardinals and Bears are up there - not in the market for QBs for separate reasons; the Seahawks - hmm, not too many chances you ever get that high of a pick so I think they could still be in the market. Colts are right there

But does Ehlinger actually hurt or help the tank? Granted, its the Chargers and they would play down to Ehlinger as it is.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Bosa plays maybe?
                  It would be nice to get Bosa some snaps in either the Rams or Broncos game. Even if the Chargers have clinched a playoff berth

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I actually wonder with the Taylor injury, if the Colts decide to tank for 2023 draft slot. Texans have the top pick - probably taking QB; Cardinals and Bears are up there - not in the market for QBs for separate reasons; the Seahawks - hmm, not too many chances you ever get that high of a pick so I think they could still be in the market. Colts are right there

But does Ehlinger actually hurt or help the tank? Granted, its the Chargers and they would play down to Ehlinger as it is.
                    They have Nick Foles. He might get the start over Ehlinger? Not sure. I bet Ryan starts again. He looks like he is 76 years old out there.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Herbert had two passes picked off on throws to Mike Will when he wasn't open. With 30 seconds left and needing to get into FG range, Mike Williams was on the sideline 35 yds downfield, but he wasn't exactly open. Mike called for the ball and Herbert didn't hesitate. He fired a missile to Mike and the rest is history.

Another thing about that play. Mike didn't celebrate one iota making that catch, he got up and immediately sprinted to the middle of the field with the ball and handed to the ref so he could get it placed and beat the clock. A diva WR would have taken a moment to celebrate the incredible play he just made, even with the clock running. But not mature Mike.

Mike Will was the No. 7 overall pick in the 2017 draft. Many questioned the pick, me included. He was a bust as a rookie. Even though he developed into a decent WR, the mantra among Chargers fans - me included - was that Mike was over-drafted, he wasn't living up to his draft position and never will. But now is anybody of the opinion that Mike Will is not living up to his draft position?

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Titans fan venting. Question: where is this dude located? It's not Tenn or in the USA.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Mike Will was the No. 7 overall pick in the 2017 draft. Many questioned the pick, me included. He was a bust as a rookie. Even though he developed into a decent WR, the mantra among Chargers fans - me included - was that Mike was over-drafted, he wasn't living up to his draft position and never will. But now is anybody of the opinion that Mike Will is not living up to his draft position?
                          Only when you consider that he was selected two picks before Patrick Mahomes was. Otherwise? No.

Comment

Working...
                          X