Titans at Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

K9 has improved tremendously in recent weeks, his instincts are still questionable at times but he’s getting more comfortable in Stsley’s scheme and also getting better in coverage…he’s not as good as he could be yet, but he’s making noticeable strides…
    I still don't like his poor run stopping, and his blitzing isn't what I expect from someone who was good at it college. In the past he wasn't good in coverage, but he's improved at it.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I still don't like his poor run stopping, and his blitzing isn't what I expect from someone who was good at it college. In the past he wasn't good in coverage, but he's improved at it.
      He’s not the only guy that has struggled to assimilate into Staley’s system…as a group, the whole defense seems to be finally playing the Brandon’s scheme better…look what happened with jc jackson, and that happened with michael davis last year too…now davis is playing lights out…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell 84 View Post

I'm still not sure the Titans would have had time to score with 59 seconds. With every timeout we gave them time to plan for another run . With the time running after they had no timeouts, they would have probably used pass plays to stop the clock. Would have seen the Chargers D stop them on 4th down. Chargers win 14-7
        At the 5 yard line, 59 seconds is plenty of time. And if they didn’t score, we still win.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell 84 View Post

That's not completely true. Had they gotten the 2 points, their momentum would have SURGED. They could have made a play on the kickoff and made some kind of play on special teams causing a fumble etc. The last Charger drive would have probably ended very differently.
          I’m not sure what you’re babbling about here.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

He’s not the only guy that has struggled to assimilate into Staley’s system…as a group, the whole defense seems to be finally playing the Brandon’s scheme better…look what happened with jc jackson, and that happened with michael davis last year too…now davis is playing lights out…
            It seems that the s heme or system or whatever you call it has been streamlined or simplified and guys are playing more freely. The cbs are aggressive, LBs generally where they should be. Less thinking more balling. Or the light switch just went off in everyone’s head simultaneously.

Van Noy has a sack in each of the last 2 games. Rumph even got one today. Nas even got a pick

Comment

• Scotty Boy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2017
              • Send PM

Some individual player thoughts here:

- Donald Parham surely adds a different dimension to the offense; long-term #2 TE
              - What a difference Trey Pipkins makes - both in pass protection & the run game
              - Breiden Fehoko! He belongs on the field - no if ands or butts….
              - I really like the long-term potential of JaSir Taylor
              - Hoping Chris Rumph’s first sack is the sign of things to come; he’ll always be a liability against the run, but we’ll take a threat as a situational pass rusher
              - I can’t imagining there’s any way Dicker the Kicker is not our guy long-term; consistent, touchbacks and would save $1.6 million if Hopkins is released

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Scotty Boy View Post
                Some individual player thoughts here:

- Donald Parham surely adds a different dimension to the offense; long-term #2 TE
                - What a difference Trey Pipkins makes - both in pass protection & the run game
                - Breiden Fehoko! He belongs on the field - no if ands or butts….
                - I really like the long-term potential of JaSir Taylor
                - Hoping Chris Rumph’s first sack is the sign of things to come; he’ll always be a liability against the run, but we’ll take a threat as a situational pass rusher
                - I can’t imagining there’s any way Dicker the Kicker is not our guy long-term; consistent, touchbacks and would save $1.6 million if Hopkins is released
                Pippers has improved so much. Gives me hope that K9 will round out his game with better tackling eventually. Hopefully soon! I hope Parham is good to go for next week. That hit he took to his kidney's looked painful.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree..... MW is our best WR... much easier to find someone to replace a great route runner like KA but harder to find a beast like MW....
                  couldn't disagree more.... MW was 4/8 today, Keenan 8/9

if we renew MW's contract and let Keenan go, color me surprised.... minus Keenan, MW is so much less of a threat.

a great route runner gets open.... if you want to put your game on the line w/contested catches.... not my idea of a solid game winning strategem.​

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                      Not buying.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

K9 in pass coverage has always been better than Drue ('n Denzel).
                        Parham is a TE3 by me.
                        still enjoying Everett's YAC abilities.
                        liked the body language of Ja'Sir Taylor and Joshua Kelley @times.... (we still need an RB1)
                        thought we might keep Henry under 100 yards, but think run defense was decent all things considered, and perhaps the difference in the game.
                        Henry is case in point why I wouldn't mind Noah Sewell on this D.
                        Carter still doing well on punt returns.
                        don't think Feiler has lost his job quite yet, and sorta like Salyer as our sixth man (John Havlicek style), spelling the likes of Linsley (next season) for the if and when need be, or first man out.
                        remember a few years back (w/Anthony Ray), w/most everyone bemoaning the loss of Derwin and Bosa, and when we got 'em back, Minny hung a thirtysomethin' on us.

is Renaldo Hill better than Ted Cottrell ??
                        is Lombardi better than Kevin Gilbride ??
                        is Brandon Staley better than Norv Turner ??

were Robert Woods/Chris Conley really the chopped liver that the preamble here made them out to be ??
                        offense needs to find a way to close out games rather than rely on defense/last minute heroics so often.
                        and yes, we punted 7x, but we also forced 7 punts by Tennessee.
                        and agree that Herbert is frustrated, and prolly not so much w/Stalesco, but rather more w/Lombo.
                        not amused by the speed receiver wishes, as not many speed merchants can hold a candle to Slayer. and many here will pull out the MW as a league leader last year in 40+ yard receptions.... we are not lacking firepower @wideout, and.... once upon a time we had a receiver by the name of Guyton, who pretty much went unused more oft than not.
                        Last edited by beachcomber; 12-19-2022, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

and re: the D without Derwin.... dude is not an LB, he is not an ED.... he's a (talented strong) safety.

Comment

Working...
                          X