JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

The guy was never a good fit. There was one analyst - and no, I don't remember who it was - who commented even before we signed him that Jackson was a 'system' player and wouldn't do well outside of Belechick's scheme. Seems he was correct.

And since we all have to have 'medical degrees' to make posts here about a guy's injury (give me a fucking break), I'll just throw more shit against the wall (as if I'm the only one who does that here) and stick with my prediction that he won't live up to his contract.

More Pollyanna-ism (seems rampant at this time of the year) to expect much from Jackson in '23 (if he comes back to his old self...which wasn't very good to begin with) or beyond.
    Yep. He was a guy who hugely benefitted from playing for Belichick and Staley was exposed early on as a coach who couldn’t get the same out of a player. I was calling for Vato to start over him right when he came back from that weird ankle procedure that fucked him up from day one. Maybe if he comes back he can be an alternate and get some play when we need an extra CB.

he’s the cb version of David Boston

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Chargers cornerback J.C. Jackson suffered a ruptured patellar tendon during Sunday's loss to Seattle and medical experts say it might take a while for his return.

The odds seem to be against JCJ's return as a Pro Bowl CB. CB Morris Claiborne returned from a patellar rupture (2014) to be a starter. This example seems to be the best case scenario for JCJ. I believe that JCJ was signed to replace Michael Davis (as Davis had a poor 2021 year). Obviously, Davis had a bounce-back year... probably the reason he's still on the roster. They'll keep him (and his $9.4 million cap hit) this year... and see how JCJ recovers from major injury.

If JCJ recovers to starter level, then they probably keep him. If he doesn't recover... probably cut him after 2023 and look to the draft for a replacement.

Contract Notes:
      • $40M fully guaranteed (signing bonus + 2022 salary + 2023 salary)
      • 2024 Roster Bonus: $2M (3rd league day of 2024)
      • 2025 Roster Bonus: $2M (3rd league day of 2025)
      • 2026 Roster Bonus: $2M (3rd league day of 2026)
      ​They only save $4 million against the cap if cut after 2023 year.
      OLineCentric

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yep. He was a guy who hugely benefitted from playing for Belichick and Staley was exposed early on as a coach who couldn’t get the same out of a player. I was calling for Vato to start over him right when he came back from that weird ankle procedure that fucked him up from day one. Maybe if he comes back he can be an alternate and get some play when we need an extra CB.

he’s the cb version of David Boston
        Staley couldn't get the same from an injured CB as BB did when he was healthy? Hard to believe.
        JCJ had ankle surgery a few weeks before the season started. Missed a lot of practice, still rehabbing. We should have started Vato.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Staley couldn't get the same from an injured CB as BB did when he was healthy? Hard to believe.
          JCJ had ankle surgery a few weeks before the season started. Missed a lot of practice, still rehabbing. We should have started Vato.
          JCJ was healthy when he came back from the ankle for a game or two. No impact

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

JCJ was healthy when he came back from the ankle for a game or two. No impact.
            In fact he was playing so poorly he was benched. So he did have an impact...a negative one.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

The same one that everybody else does who post shit here and aren't qualified to do so. Yourself included. So come down from your fucking high horse. If we all had to belong to 'medical groups' to make a post about someone's medical condition, there would be about 3 guys making posts here.
              Just calling out your nonsense and ridiculous pessimism.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Just calling out your nonsense and ridiculous pessimism.
                You're not 'qualified' to do that, Pollyanna.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

JCJ was healthy when he came back from the ankle for a game or two. No impact
                  The gospel from Rev Jamrock..

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The gospel from Rev Jamrock..
                    The truth hurts. A lot of guys here bury their heads in the sand, hoping the truth just goes away.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I am not sure what all the ankle biting is all about around here.
                      There seems to be selective memory and prognostication, according to agenda.
                      I remember when it was stated on TPB that Michael Davis was not a good fit for StaleyD concepts.
                      And that Trey Pipkins was a pure bust.
                      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        I am not sure what all the ankle biting is all about around here.
                        There seems to be selective memory and prognostication, according to agenda.
                        I remember when it was stated on TPB that Michael Davis was not a good fit for StaleyD concepts.
                        And that Trey Pipkins was a pure bust.
                        Pip was a project who was starting to look like a bust...then he FINALLY got coached up...apparently due to attending Duke's Summer Fun Camp...I'm still not totally sold on Pip...I did see some improvement, but would like to see him complete a season now and see how he does...still a big improvement over Norton though...

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

The truth hurts. A lot of guys here bury their heads in the sand, hoping the truth just goes away.
                          Truth is the Chargers brought back the Big-4 (KA, MW, Mack, and Bosa) when everybody predicted cuts and trades. They're making another SB run.
                          Truth is the Big-4 were on the field together for a grand total of 1/2 game last year... and they still went 10-7.
                          Truth is they lost their Pro Bowl LT 3 games into the season... and a rookie impressed as he held the position down.
                          Truth is that their worst O-lineman (Feiler) has been replaced by afore mentioned rookie O-lineman
                          Truth is that JCJ was never really missed as Vato came in and played better than 85% of the NFL CB's in the league.
                          Truth is that the Chargers replaced a poor tackling LB (Tranquill) with a better tackling LB (Kendricks).
                          Truth is that the very OC that you complained about last year has been replaced with a better OC.
                          Truth is that JH played the whole year with fractured cartilage last year and will start the year pain-free.

The truths are there. You just seem unable to recognize/acknowledge any of them.
                          OLineCentric

Comment

Working...
                          X