JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    So far I've found he played 36 snaps vs NO, zero pass defenses, 1 tackle. he allowed 2 catches for 15 yards and apparently got lucky that Olave didn't burn him for a bomb. (I didnt see the play).

good luck, dickface.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Belicheat coach up JCJ to at least a serviceable CB...now, with injury rehab, tough to predict...

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I wasn’t around last week when JCJ was dumped, but I want to comment now.

I’m really shocked by this and it makes me never again want to pay top dollar for a FA. We’ll be paying for this disaster for the next few years. Has a top dollar FA ever worked out for the Bolts?
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I’m really shocked by this and it makes me never again want to pay top dollar for a FA. We’ll be paying for this disaster for the next few years. Has a top dollar FA ever worked out for the Bolts?
        Draft better and use free agency to augment your roster. Look at the OL: Zion, Salyer, Pip and Slater. Build through the draft

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Khalil Mack? I think at certain positions you might be right. I would say paying top dollar for receiver or DB are high risk in the open market where the failure rate is higher.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Khalil Mack? I think at certain positions you might be right. I would say paying top dollar for receiver or DB are high risk in the open market where the failure rate is higher.
            Mack was a trade and already had his deal. I think he is talking about what happens when you give someone a big second contract. I think everyone (including myself) was excited when he was signed.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

Mack was a trade and already had his deal. I think he is talking about what happens when you give someone a big second contract. I think everyone (including myself) was excited when he was signed.
              I know Khalil Mack wasn't a free agent per say but he was a High dollar acquisition none the less and posed a risk as an older player. JC had a lot of baggage we didn't know about including a problem legal history as well as prior potential injuries. I would say don't pay big bucks without a serious amount of due diligence and the coach has worked with the player before. Every success story we've had the coach knew the player in some capacity.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I know Khalil Mack wasn't a free agent per say but he was a High dollar acquisition none the less and posed a risk as an older player. JC had a lot of baggage we didn't know about including a problem legal history as well as prior potential injuries. I would say don't pay big bucks without a serious amount of due diligence and the coach has worked with the player before. Every success story we've had the coach knew the player in some capacity.
                ^ This...remember Ryan Leaf? The red flags were there, but they were ignored...

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I’m not sure Mack has lived up to his big contract, but he certainly been a positive addition to the team.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

I’m not sure Mack has lived up to his big contract, but he certainly been a positive addition to the team.
                    Saved our bacon last season when Bosa went down for the year. This year he's been up and down and had a breakout game against the raiders. Compared to JC Jackson...pause that thought...there is no comparison. Injury riddled prima donnas get shown the door...quickly!

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

The problem with last year was Mack had no help when Bosa went down, played way too many snaps, and wore down by late season. Tull should help that a lot.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Draft better and use free agency to augment your roster. Look at the OL: Zion, Salyer, Pip and Slater. Build through the draft
                        You left someone out there. Maybe the highest rated available Center in the FA market last year?

FA over-reliance is going to find some turds at the same rate as all roster addition methods for players generally. You can’t build a team solely thru FA as Cap limit prohibits it. You MUST get starters from the draft too. And some draftees become great starters but more draft picks never become good starters. For every Salyer there’s a few Jaimes and McKitties. FA is a tool and like all tools should be used wisely. JCJ was a bust but that happens on occasion and I wouldn’t overreact.

Maybe NE had secret knowledge, or maybe they just didn’t want to pay what he signed for, but he was coveted by many teams and our signing was widely applauded. Oh well, place another bet, deal another hand … onward. I’ll definitely be watching out of the corner of my eye on him out of curiosity - so far after one game on a short week its LAC 0 - NE 0.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

When it comes to turds, the Chargers have picked a lot of them in the draft too.

Comment

Working...
                          X