JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

I retract my previous conclusion about Jackson. Given that he had, by all accounts, worked very hard on his rehab in order to be ready for the season, I thought the Chargers were booting him without giving him a chance to fully recover his prior level of ability, even if he was healed in a medical sense. But this new information--which has to be true, given the writers who put their names to it--puts everything in a very different light. Jackson obviously had to go. What a shame, as he really could have helped the team.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
      I retract my previous conclusion about Jackson. Given that he had, by all accounts, worked very hard on his rehab in order to be ready for the season, I thought the Chargers were booting him without giving him a chance to fully recover his prior level of ability, even if he was healed in a medical sense. But this new information--which has to be true, given the writers who put their names to it--puts everything in a very different light. Jackson obviously had to go. What a shame, as he really could have helped the team.
      I thought it might be best for him to go before this info just based on his griping that coaches felt he played poorly, but i agree with you - this nailed the lid shut.

BTW - anyone get his full stats for today? I saw 1 tackle, 0 passes defended, but I couldnt find #snaps he played, #passes targeted him, Rating against him, pass success%, etc.?

He definitely was the difference for NE defense today though - the critics that assured us Bill got a steal really knew what they were talking about. Saints were averaging 15 ppg until JCJ showed them what the D in Defense means.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• RollingThunder
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Good riddance. Whatever opinion you have of Staley, getting rid of unplayable, boneheaded cancers should not be something you should criticize him on.

Some of our other coaches would have kept these types of players around which was always extremely frustrating.

Now he just needs to stop over rating some of the older tenured players on this team that he has been tip-toeing around simply because they were here before he got here.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I thought it might be best for him to go before this info just based on his griping that coaches felt he played poorly, but i agree with you - this nailed the lid shut.

BTW - anyone get his full stats for today? I saw 1 tackle, 0 passes defended, but I couldnt find #snaps he played, #passes targeted him, Rating against him, pass success%, etc.?

He definitely was the difference for NE defense today though - the critics that assured us Bill got a steal really knew what they were talking about. Saints were averaging 15 ppg until JCJ showed them what the D in Defense means.
          Maybe his shoes were untied? I've heard that's a problem for him.......

Fashion Shoes GIF by Bazzi

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Imo Staley won some credibility in the locker room by shedding this A-hole.
            Darius "4.36" Davis
            top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Air Coryell
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2021
              • Davis, CA
              • Teacher, Coach, CFO
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Imo Staley won some credibility in the locker room by shedding this A-hole.
              True. JCJ might have also thought Staley's defensive scheme was a joke and was done with it.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                If only he could’ve figured out how.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
                  Good riddance. Whatever opinion you have of Staley, getting rid of unplayable, boneheaded cancers should not be something you should criticize him on.
                  Aya

Some of our other coaches would have kept these types of players around which was always extremely frustrating.

Now he just needs to stop over rating some of the older tenured players on this team that he has been tip-toeing around simply because they were here before he got here.
                  There isn’t a coach in the NFL who wouldn’t get rid of a healthy player who refused to go in for an injured player so I’m not buying Staley did something unique.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The onus is on you to provide proof if you’re going to say something like this.

Based on comments, Bosa blamed himself for what happened, not Staley. We also know that Staley had a one on one with KA after his Browns Tweet last year and he has no problem at all since.

Why is the onus on me? You are evidently taking the opposite tack: that Staley has the locker room.
                    And then you use an example from last season of a player opening question Staley's judgement in public.
                    Wow!

Do I demand that you prove it? Is it evinced in the general lack of discipline on defense and the constant stupid penalties?
                    Maybe, it is in the perpetual unwillingness of defenders to play the techniques adequately that Staley's coaches drill into them on a weekly basis.
                    Are you saying that they have confidence that Staley is putting them in positions to succeed each week?

I'm not asking you to prove that they are willing to run through a wall for him .... because we all know that they wouldn't.
                    If you suspect otherwise, that they don't think he's putting them in the best position: he's lost them.

And btw, of course Bosa was at fault: that's not the issue. The real issue was that he has no fear smashing a helmet right in front of the head coach (& then repeats it), because he considers the head coach to be a light weight. I'm surprised Bosa didn't swat him out of the way here.

Last edited by NOrvMeNow; 10-08-2023, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Why is the onus on me? You are evidently taking the opposite tack: that Staley has the locker room.
                      And then you use an example from last season of a player opening question Staley's judgement in public.
                      Wow!

Do I demand that you prove it? Is it evinced in the general lack of discipline on defense and the constant stupid penalties?
                      Maybe, it is in the perpetual unwillingness of defenders to play the techniques adequately that Staley's coaches drill into them on a weekly basis.

Are you saying that they have confidence that Staley is putting in positions to succeed each week? If not, he's lost them.

I'm not asking you to prove that they are willing to run through a wall for him .... because we all know that they wouldn't.

And btw, what was Bosa supposed to say? That he has no fears smashing a helmet right in front of the head coach because he considers him a light weight?
                      The onus is on you if you’re going to say Start stating things as fact without proof. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand 😂

Also the bolded part has happened to Schottenheimer as well. It’s why we failed in the playoffs with him as HC also. A guy you think privately talk to JC Jackson and square him away when he had no problem suspending David Boston and putting him in the doghouse.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The onus is on you if you’re going to say Start stating things as fact without proof. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand 😂

Also the bolded part has happened to Schottenheimer as well. It’s why we failed in the playoffs with him as HC also. A guy you think privately talk to JC Jackson and square him away when he had no problem suspending David Boston and putting him in the doghouse.
                        I've laid out some facts .... Now it's time to interpret them, or to not interpret them - just stick our heads in the sand and think all is well.

And David Boston continuing to live in his shell, or Drew Brees screaming at Schottenheimer on the sidelines
                        doesn't quite have the same piquancy of a guy slamming a helmet at the coaches feet as if he were the water boy.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

I've laid out some facts .... Now it's time to interpret them, or to not interpret them - just stick our heads in the sand and think all is well.

And David Boston continuing to live in his shell, or Drew Brees screaming at Schottenheimer on the sidelines
                          doesn't quite have the same piquancy of a guy slamming a helmet at the coaches feet as if he were the water boy.
                          I don’t think all is well especially because our defense hasn’t played even average statistically. You just haven’t provided any actual “facts” that he’s having issues with players like you so boldly suggested earlier today. But I’ll let you stick your head in the sand and think these things. This discussion has run its course.

Comment

Working...
                          X