JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I am curious who was the driving force behind the JCJ signing? I have to believe it was Staley more than Telesco.
    The signing itself is certainly defensible. The guy was a top CB at NE. I want to know what really went wrong. I know you and I were perplexed by that elective surgery right before the start of last season. Didn’t make any sense. And he didn’t play well after that until the season ending knee injury. This season he worked really hard to get rehabilitated. It wasn’t an off season work ethic thing. But his first game back he’s supposed to cover Cheetah? And the brain lock plays. And then just falls off the cliff. Maybe it was too severe an injury to come back from but if he returns to form in NE I don’t see how Staley skirts the full blame

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My guess it was probably more Staley and John Boy saw how many interceptions and thought "sure he can fit, what do you mean scheme. scheme meme. coach him up"
      I remember Derwin James was recruiting him also. They were in the probowl together.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I hope we at least learned something from this. I would never trade for a patriot player, sign a patriots free agent or hire a patriot coach or Gm as long as belicheck is there. It never turns out good.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

I’m looking at us having a great record. He’s an L.A. guy USC Serra High school Gardena.

that has to mean something.

im trying to build a super bowl team.

we will see the Miami dolphins. We have issues with speed. To sum it up for you our guys get burned.

Adore was a track guy at USC blazing fast. And that’s a guy I would matchup with Tyreke Hill. Not big but you need a guy who can play corner.

Adore has had some injuries but he’s a playmaker.

another guy id inquire about is Jaylon Johnson on the bears. Kyle Fuller on the commanders.

just try to get some corners in there.

teams we will see in post season

Buffalo Miami I’m not concerned about the Chiefs cause they aren’t a factor to me.

gotta get teams who are clearly going nowhere.

Arizona has some impressive DBs. and just continue to draft and develop talent.

Comment

• Duck of Death
            Social Piranha
            • May 2022
            • Flyover, USA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The signing itself is certainly defensible. The guy was a top CB at NE. I want to know what really went wrong. I know you and I were perplexed by that elective surgery right before the start of last season. Didn’t make any sense. And he didn’t play well after that until the season ending knee injury. This season he worked really hard to get rehabilitated. It wasn’t an off season work ethic thing. But his first game back he’s supposed to cover Cheetah? And the brain lock plays. And then just falls off the cliff. Maybe it was too severe an injury to come back from but if he returns to form in NE I don’t see how Staley skirts the full blame
            I really feel that his foot surgery was the key domino that eventually led to misfortune. Because according to multiple reports, JC was dominant at that 2022 camp - some even said he was the best player there. There is still footage that can be found of him balling out. Of course, camp performance doesn’t always translate to season performance, but it was the strongest indicator we had that he was the real deal. After the foot surgery he was never the same. Whether it was botched, or he just came back too early, who knows. Given that the patellar tendon rupture happened without any contact, it’s possible that it was the result of repeated overcompensation due to lingering pain in his foot. And as for that patellar injury, someone please help me find anyone who has ever fully recovered from that injury to be even close to the same player. I couldn’t find a single instance. Not saying he can’t, but it seems exceedingly rare.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

The corner is Kendall FULLER commanders my bad guys.

also lol maybe we can just have Quentin Johnston pull a Richard Sherman with the Seahawks and move to Corner from Receiver. gotta get corner help somewhere.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Watch him turn back into a pro bowler when goes back to the patriots. And he will talk about culture and the patriot way.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                  Social Piranha
                  • May 2022
                  • Flyover, USA
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  I hope we at least learned something from this. I would never trade for a patriot player, sign a patriots free agent or hire a patriot coach or Gm as long as belicheck is there. It never turns out good.

TG
                  Heck I can’t remember the last big name FA signing that didn’t end in disappointment - Casey Hayward maybe?

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

I really feel that his foot surgery was the key domino that eventually led to misfortune. Because according to multiple reports, JC was dominant at that 2022 camp - some even said he was the best player there. There is still footage that can be found of him balling out. Of course, camp performance doesn’t always translate to season performance, but it was the strongest indicator we had that he was the real deal. After the foot surgery he was never the same. Whether it was botched, or he just came back too early, who knows. Given that the patellar tendon rupture happened without any contact, it’s possible that it was the result of repeated overcompensation due to lingering pain in his foot. And as for that patellar injury, someone please help me find anyone who has ever fully recovered from that injury to be even close to the same player. I couldn’t find a single instance. Not saying he can’t, but it seems exceedingly rare.
                    I think that's right. May also have played a factor in the patellar injury. Don't Eff with mother nature

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      The Chargers generally do a good job of keeping leaks from coming out. It may be a while before we learn anything.

Chargers.com had its usual hard-hitting report, and we learn that "But sometimes things simply don't work out, whether that's in football or in life, and the Chargers front office decided this was the best course of action to take." That certainly clears it up!

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Chargers.com had its usual hard-hitting report, and we learn that "But sometimes things simply don't work out, whether that's in football or in life, and the Chargers front office decided this was the best course of action to take." That certainly clears it up!

https://www.chargers.com/news/jc-jac...rgers-patriots
                        They always have great insight.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

https://www.chargers.com/news/jc-jac...rgers-patriots
                          Clears it up for me just fine....and absolutely true. I honestly don't know why people are so surprised...this crap happens all the time in this league...FA is almost no better than a coin flip.

And for those of you who think if he goes to NE, and succeeds, that means we screwed up...baloney...that just means JC woke up, realized he is embarrassed by the whole deal...and decided to rededicate himself to his football career, like he did the first 5 years in the league...after, of course, he flaked out on us....like so many high level FAs before him, who got paid, and then started coasting...add to that the big injury, and then after he tried to come back, played like trash, and got benched...he started crying. We don't need that. WE got screwed by JC...TT, Staley, his teammates, AND us fans...it is all on JC...
                          Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X