JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Not necessarily.
    2 different situations. JCJ DECIDED to have surgery close to that start of his first season with us, that's just a bad decision both then and in hindsight. Same with not following up on a speeding ticket, same with rushing his rehab.
    At this point, I kind of expect him to heal and play very well in a familiar scheme and place. Here, it COULD have worked out later and I waa inclined to keep JCJ but it does look like a locker room issue at this point. I think it's a risky decision but one that was needed and my sense is that this brings the locker room more together than the opposite.
    Tillery-esque.
    but ya the NE game will basically be the, "I told you so" game. I think he'll bounce back but we'll be better off long term.
    was that JC?... or did stupiud Chargers management choose to post pone surgery untill it stupidly affected real games????.... the second is more chargers style.......Chargers have done thst multiple times over the years...

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

The Broncos struck out on Russel Wilson.
      no, their defense now sucks.... Wilson is lighting up teams...... and DEN offense getting better every week......

Comment

• rensoul
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

no, their defense now sucks.... Wilson is lighting up teams...... and DEN offense getting better every week......
        Yea, I agree, Wilson is quietly playing well, 67 percent completion with 9 TD's and 2 picks. He's doing fine, they screwed up hiring Vance Joseph as DC.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

More of a joke about Wilson, but he hasn't been worth what they paid for him (salary and players/picks). Not in my estimation anyway.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Yea, I agree, Wilson is quietly playing well, 67 percent completion with 9 TD's and 2 picks. He's doing fine, they screwed up hiring Vance Joseph as DC.
            I see it as a good choice.
            They should make Elway GM again too but this guy is sucking well enough.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

This is an abject failure by TT and Staley and by JCJ. But JCJ definitely comes out better than the Chargers. Made a ton of money for little play and goes back to where he made his name.

it’s ridiculous for posters to say but hey everybody on the board wanted him. Of course, he was a top CB available in FA. Who doesn’t want that. The post Morten will be why did he fall off in LA. Was it the ankle surgery and later knee surgery? Or was it Staley? And the reality is that we will find out soon enough. If he regains his prior form in NE then Staley failed plain and simple. If he doesn’t then he was done.

the one guy who wins big time is Bill Belichick. He’s paying $1.5m for a guy that was a top CB in the league. If he can’t resurrect him no biggie. If he can, it just cements his rep for knowing how to develop and use DBs.

The big loser is Staley. No upside here for him and it could look even worse.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                JH3 and Me
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

I have to concur. He WAS an elite press man CB in New England. Every team could use one of those regardless of scheme. In any case, judging the initial FA signing in hindsight seems moot. The fact remains that he was severely injured and isn’t very likely to ever return to elite levels. He may get to “average” under BB, but those can be found for much cheaper. So with that said, today’s transaction is what should be evaluated. IF the Spotrac numbers are true, then I think this trade, in and of itself, was an absolute no brainer. Again, if the Spotrac numbers are correct, then the Pats are now on the hook for over half of his remaining contract ($43.8 mil). Of course I’m just a caveman who doesn’t understand all this cap stuff, so please correct if I’m wrong.
                Thats a big was, we’ve seen him try to play press here many times and he was horrible. Whether it was his injury never healing, his confusion caused by Staley’s blurred zone/man scheming, who knows. But him playing press has nothing to do with scheme. That was him lining up with #1 X receiver and getting torched like a Christmas tree on Dec 26th at mission beach. (Or, used to - back when we were allowed to burn Christmas trees lol). We saw that enough times that nobody has confidence in him lining up in a bolt helmet across any elite WR and going Mano y Mano.

I am fine with a 6th for him, i guess - if Staley concluded hes not going to be a starter or maybe even a nickel or dime, that they (and most everyone) thought they signed, they’d cut him at the end of season anyway and get nothing as future year base pay isn’t guaranteed. As to NE - they “bought” his current contract, we’ll see if they want to pay on the 2024 number - i am betting a hard no. They only have to pay a smidge this year. I wish him good luck and adios. Onward.

So the crowd that constantly says Staley is a horrible coach that doesn’t win enough with such a highly talented roster … are they now saying he can’t build a roster? Cuz …. You know, which is it? Anyone know? Where is the North Star of the Staley-Suck motto today? great roster/bad coach or bad roster?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  This is an abject failure by TT and Staley and by JCJ. But JCJ definitely comes out better than the Chargers. Made a ton of money for little play and goes back to where he made his name.

it’s ridiculous for posters to say but hey everybody on the board wanted him. Of course, he was a top CB available in FA. Who doesn’t want that. The post Morten will be why did he fall off in LA. Was it the ankle surgery and later knee surgery? Or was it Staley? And the reality is that we will find out soon enough. If he regains his prior form in NE then Staley failed plain and simple. If he doesn’t then he was done.

the one guy who wins big time is Bill Belichick. He’s paying $1.5m for a guy that was a top CB in the league. If he can’t resurrect him no biggie. If he can, it just cements his rep for knowing how to develop and use DBs.

His bad looks in zone could be Staley, but his equally bad or worse looks in man can’t be. There is no scheme in man - he lined up in front of a receiver and got beat badly. I think something happened to him.

Maybe it’s the crushing guilt of a $300 unpaid ticket. A good man will carry that shame only so far.

BB only wins if JCJ relearns how to cover a receiver
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

And in other news, Matt Judon had biceps surgery today.
                    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

At the end of the day, This becomes yesterday's news and it's all about post season success with a QB like Herbert regardless of what the HC name is.

I will say about Staley. I haven't seen a HC for Chargers who is this aggressive in game decisions and with personnel moves and I like it. It's only 4 weeks into year 3 and Staley sent a message that has upside..... everyone is on notice... Staley doesnt care about your contract or what you did.....are you all in now this year with this team. I am very interested to see how this JCJ trade and bye week work out as they head into the Cowboy game and Moore vs McCarthy. No doubt Kellen wants this win as bad as anyone. Does that cause him to turtle up and try not to lose or go all in Staley style and handle the smoke of the result?

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                        Chargers Hall of Fame
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Not necessarily.
                        2 different situations. JCJ DECIDED to have surgery close to that start of his first season with us, that's just a bad decision both then and in hindsight. Same with not following up on a speeding ticket, same with rushing his rehab.
                        At this point, I kind of expect him to heal and play very well in a familiar scheme and place. Here, it COULD have worked out later and I waa inclined to keep JCJ but it does look like a locker room issue at this point. I think it's a risky decision but one that was needed and my sense is that this brings the locker room more together than the opposite.
                        Tillery-esque.
                        but ya the NE game will basically be the, "I told you so" game. I think he'll bounce back but we'll be better off long term.
                        Again, no matter what transpired here, if he goes to New England and this season plays exceptionally well, then we'll know without a doubt it's our coach/system.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Staley has nothing to do with it !

Comment

Working...
                          X