Titans @ Chargers Pre Game Thread | (Wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I agree its a mutual hate pox on all houses. and as you all know, I am a highly sensitive emotive caring person, finely attuned to the emotional needs of my human brothers.

But Damnit all of you out there - for the life of me, i cannot understand how any actual Charger Fan can be so emotionally crippled that they cannot see that the clear overwhelming interest of the team is for the Raiders to beat the Pats and therefore they should not just be able tto root for the Raiders to beat the Pats, they should eagerly hope they do.

These same long-suffering Charger fans have foot lockers full of traumatic Patriot losses, slanders, and hate to draw from. It’s not like Chargers and Pats are BFFs and we are going to break some generational love-bond. Fuck The Pats!
    I’m with you on this. The Pats killed 2 of our very best chances in 2006 and 2007 with somewhat dirty play (VRABEL) and dancing on our logo and god knows what cheating. They also killed us in Rivers last playoff appearance. I hate them with a passion. (Plus my assistant is a Brady groupie and I had to endure years of that BS.)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Per Popper two minutes ago Derwin is in the field stretching.

That must hurt with a torn quad
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Titans injuries...

DE Denico Autry - out
        WR Treylon Burks - out
        Starting CB Krisitian Fulton - out
        Starting NB Amani Hooker out

Three other players out, including Henry's primary backup Dontrelle Hilliard.

Autry is their best pass rusher, I believe.​

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Per Popper two minutes ago Derwin is in the field stretching.

That must hurt with a torn quad
          Depends on what he’s stretching. :rimshot:

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm guilty of that myself. The problem is my son is 65 years old and a lot of people that are only slightly under 65 don't like it when I call them kid. On the other hand, I know a 96-year old that calls me kid!
            I'm kind of blown away that you have a son who is 65. That is my age! It's hard for me to fathom being my age and still having a dad. You and your son are so fortunate. My father died 50 years ago when I was 15!

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm kind of blown away that you have a son who is 65. That is my age! It's hard for me to fathom being my age and still having a dad. You and your son are so fortunate. My father died 50 years ago when I was 15!
              Oh my, I'm sorry for you or anyone who's father died that young.
              I don't think about it too often but I suppose it is rare for a 65 yr. old to still have his Dad alive. When this cancer finally takes my final breath it will be difficult for my son because we are very close. (He doesn't even blame me for making him a Charger fan)

Something I have to guard against thinking of him as young. It's easy to forget that and ask him to do something for me that a 65-year-old shouldn't do - like something on a ladder.

We still have a lot in common. We both are into the stock market, the Bolts, and Jesus so we always have good things to share with each other. I'm blessed far beyond what I deserve.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

I don't think about it too often but I suppose it is rare for a 65 yr. old to still have his Dad alive. When this cancer finally takes my final breath it will be difficult for my son because we are very close. (He doesn't even blame me for making him a Charger fan)

Something I have to guard against thinking of him as young. It's easy to forget that and ask him to do something for me that a 65-year-old shouldn't do - like something on a ladder.

We still have a lot in common. We both are into the stock market, the Bolts, and Jesus so we always have good things to share with each other. I'm blessed far beyond what I deserve.
                So is your son Roo

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

As I projected earlier, Denico Autry is officially out per Jim Wyatt.

If Pipkins can go, we can chip to Salyer's side, slice and dice.
                  Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

I don't know how old you were when your son was born. I assume he was born in 1957, like me. My dad was 40 when I was born and 55 when he died. I don't know if your son is your first born or only child. I was my father's first son and I have his name, but he fathered two daughters prior - one in 1952 with my mother and one in 1943 with his English wife, whom he married while serving in England in WWII. I never knew my father well. He was so much older and a hard, closed man. He was very alcoholic. He suffered greatly during the war. Savage combat against the Germans then three years as a POW. I've written about him before on this forum. Most of what I know about him I learned after his death. I didn't know about his English wife and the daughter he fathered with her (born while he was a POW) until after he died. He kept that hidden from us. My mother died more than 30 years ago. That's why it kind of blows my mind that someone my age still has a parent(s)! Again, you are both so blessed!

Comment

• SK21209
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2020
                      • San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Titans injuries...

DE Denico Autry - out
                      WR Treylon Burks - out
                      Starting CB Krisitian Fulton - out
                      Starting NB Amani Hooker out

Three other players out, including Henry's primary backup Dontrelle Hilliard.

Autry is their best pass rusher, I believe.​
                      Yeah Autry being out is big. We can really focus our pass pro on Jeffrey Simmons now.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

When you factor in all the problems of 2022, Lombardi’s lame ass, Staley playing defense with one DT on the field and only two on the roster, LOL, the running for his life QB with broken ribs, and the absurd list of franchise caliber guys missing huge chunks of time…you could make the argument that this team should or could be 4-9 or some shit like that…

Why didn’t we lose fieler for the season as opposed to slater?

why didn’t we lose rumph or van noy instead of bosa?

why didn’t we lose tillery for the season instead of austin johnson?

why didn’t we lose tre mckitty instead of donal parham for all those games?

or sony michel instead of kelley, or storm norton instead of pipkins etc….

NO, this year it had to be the top fucking guys every fucking time! And now derwin could be out?! It’s the most ridiculous shit ever!

I didn’t mention WR because we lost almost everyone, even palmer missed a couple of games, everyone that started on the initial 53 is out or was out for significant time, everyone except for our WR#4-5 carter…
                        Got to get quality starters to not play as often or as hard when they're healthy.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

When Derwin and Bosa are both out, and with JCJ gone for good, it means $73,834,000 in 2022 salary is not playing. These three are the highest paid players on the defense and three of the four highest paid players on the team. JCJ and Mike Williams are both earning $28 mil this season - the highest earners of 2022. Derwin is earning $24.584 mil this season, Bosa $21.25 mil.

Comment

Working...
                          X