Titans @ Chargers Pre Game Thread | (Wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

My recollection is Patrick Mahomes can throw in the mid 90 mph. From a football velocity standpoint my money is on Josh Allen followed by the Mahommes/Herbert tier.
    I think that standouts are the top three, Josh allen is 1a and has the most powerful arm in the NFL right now, herbert is 1b and mahommes 1c but those three are close together and then there’s a bit of a gap after that before the next tier of elite arms, guys like burrow, jackson, watson, fields, zach wilson, murray, rodgers, stafford, lawrence, and maybe lance, once you get past that group the drop is even bigger with guys like goff, cousins, tannehill, prescott, geno smith, mayfield, garrapolo, brady, tua, russell wilson, etc…then you have bottom tier arms guys like heinekie, mac jones, jalen hurts, etc…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Get out your radar gun.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It would be ideal if go 3-0 and don't need the Denver game. I am starting to think Miami continues to plunge and may be the odd man out
        That would be the best scenario of course. Starts with TN Sunday. But maybe the Bills will give a bit of help on Saturday night and beat the Fish. Followed by the Lions continuing to play well and beat the Jets. Who knows about the patriots v Raiders. But the Patriots have a tough schedule remaining after the Raiders

Miami with three division games in their final four
        The patriots still have the Cincy, Miami and Buffalo after the Raiders. And Buffalo COULD be playing for the number 1 bye week
        Jets have Detroit, jaguars at Seattle (they might still be in playoff hunt) and finally the Dolphins -

Who knows -Chargers just need to take care of business this Sunday and see where they stand

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

It's like the coaches always say - one game at a time.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

40 times are pretty relative. Mike has some long speed and wins one on one match ups.
            You want to throw downfield, block for another 1/2 second.
            GOAT WR Jerry Rice totally sucked on the track in shorts.
            A real burner does move coverage back if he can get loose, whether you throw to him or not and that's a plus.
            Lol, lets not compare MDub to the GOAT. Jerry had elusive moves to create separation that Mike can’t dream of. He was also faster than his official 40, i don’t care what any book or post says, I watched him run away from defenders for over a decade, including every Charger DB he ever faced.

I agree MDub is our best guy to throw to when covered, as long as he is 1x1 and not doubled. Its not the same as pure speed that separates but there are plays he can make, and did last week.

If the OL could block for an extra half second, they’d already be doing it. I just don’t buy the common wisdom here to just go deep more that ignores the incredible almost-instant pressure Herbie has been under the last half the season and pretend that doesn’t reduce the ability to throw longer developing deep routes. It defies our eyes. He’s barely able to get out short 5-10 yard passes a lot of the time.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That would be the best scenario of course. Starts with TN Sunday. But maybe the Bills will give a bit of help on Saturday night and beat the Fish. Followed by the Lions continuing to play well and beat the Jets. Who knows about the patriots v Raiders. But the Patriots have a tough schedule remaining after the Raiders

Miami with three division games in their final four
              The patriots still have the Cincy, Miami and Buffalo after the Raiders. And Buffalo COULD be playing for the number 1 bye week
              Jets have Detroit, jaguars at Seattle (they might still be in playoff hunt) and finally the Dolphins -

Who knows -Chargers just need to take care of business this Sunday and see where they stand
              I can totally see the Pats losing the the Raiders.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I can totally see the Pats losing the the Raiders.
                x2 totally

Comment

• SBbound
                  Casual fanatic
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Merced/San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Best scenario Week 15

Bills beat Dolphins Sat eve
                  Lions beat Jets Sun morn
                  Raiders beat Patriots Sun aft
                  Chargers beat Titans Sun aft

This would put the Chargers in the No. 6 seed. It would be nice to wrap up a playoff berth in week 17 so that week 18 in Denver is not a must win.

The minimum that needs to happen this week to get inside the playoff window is for the Bills to beat the Dolphins (which is almost a lock IMO) and the Chargers over the Titans - this would put the Chargers in the No. 7 seed, even if the Raiders fall to the Patriots.

Question - what if the Chargers clinch a playoffs spot in Week 17, and in week 18 they could only improve their wildcard seeding from No. 7 to No. 6 with a win over the Broncos in week 18? Do play the starters in week 18?
                  Yes.

I can't root for the raiders, I just can't. Maybe a tie.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

Yes.

I can't root for the raiders, I just can't. Maybe a tie.
                    I'm with you - I can root against the Patriots for the rest of the year but not this week. Stick it to the raiders.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Right now they own the tie breaker with the jets and dolphins, so losing to a conference foe is big time right now, there IS room for error but losing to the titans will mean zero room for error after that! That’s not a good place to be having to win at denver to make it in…this is a huge game for the chargers if they want to make it into the tournament…

I don’t want to start watching other games hoping so and so loses so we can get in, that’s kind of lame, they can control their own destiny right now because the AFC east is playing against itself in these final four weeks so that set’s up well for the chargers if they just win the next three games…

after that it might actually benefit us to be seeded #7 instead of #6 depending on what happens at the top of the bracket, right now baltimore and cincy have the inside track on the #5 seed, and I think baltimore will get it because cincy is going to win that division again…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm with you - I can root against the Patriots for the rest of the year but not this week. Stick it to the raiders.
                        If we win and the dolphins lose we jump into the #7 seed regardless of what the raiders and patriots do, but if the patriots lose that would bump us to the #6 seed, so yeah, that extra buffer could come in handy later, as for a tie that would be a nightmare scenario, no ties! Ties fuck everything up, look at what happened with pittsburg last year

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

If we have locked a playoff spot after week 17, i play for the WC round and not week 18. Selective players are sitting, most definitely. Forget about seed, preparing the team optimally for WC week 1 is more important
                          Last edited by dmac_bolt; 12-15-2022, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X