Titans @ Chargers Pre Game Thread | (Wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Is Austin Ekeler the best undrafted player in Chargers history aside from Antonio Gates?

Through 13 games, Ek already has 1,257 combined yards (634 rushing/623 receiving). His 13 total TDs leads the AFC and is one behind league leader Jamaal Williams. He leads the league in receptions by a RB with 93. Last season he had 1558 yds from scrimmage and scored 20 TDs, tied for league best with Jonathon Taylor. But Ek scored twice on 2 pt conversions, which made him the league's leading scorer. This season Ek is averaging 97 yds from scrimmage per game, on pace to gain 1,650 yds. Ek didn't score his first TD this season until week 4; but his 13 TDs in the last 10 games has him on pace to score 18 TDs. To put that in perspective, Deebo Samuel, who is considered one of the league's most dangerous weapons, last season gained 1,770 yds and scored 14 TDs.

The Chargers are the only team with six players to have at least 400 yds receiving:

Joshua Palmer 665
    Mike Williams 626
    Austin Ekeler 623
    Gerald Everett 490
    DeAndre Carter 466
    Keenan Allen 400

Remember when I said before the season that the Chargers had the deepest WR corps in the league in terms of quality at each level of the depth chart? This is what I meant. And I was including Jaylon Guyton at the time. My point was that there were no scrubs on the WR depth chart, from KA to DC.

Palmer already has 92 catches. Palmer is averaging about 55 yds per game. He's had 3 100 yd games. He'll need to average 84 yds per over the final four games to reach 1,000 for the season.
    Palmer is quietly putting together a pretty solid year...

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'll have to watch it on Streameast
      Streameast is great..... I don't bother anymore to look up other links.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Is Austin Ekeler the best undrafted player in Chargers history aside from Antonio Gates?

Through 13 games, Ek already has 1,257 combined yards (634 rushing/623 receiving). His 13 total TDs leads the AFC and is one behind league leader Jamaal Williams. He leads the league in receptions by a RB with 93. Last season he had 1558 yds from scrimmage and scored 20 TDs, tied for league best with Jonathon Taylor. But Ek scored twice on 2 pt conversions, which made him the league's leading scorer. This season Ek is averaging 97 yds from scrimmage per game, on pace to gain 1,650 yds. Ek didn't score his first TD this season until week 4; but his 13 TDs in the last 10 games has him on pace to score 18 TDs. To put that in perspective, Deebo Samuel, who is considered one of the league's most dangerous weapons, last season gained 1,770 yds and scored 14 TDs.

The Chargers are the only team with six players to have at least 400 yds receiving:

Joshua Palmer 665
        Mike Williams 626
        Austin Ekeler 623
        Gerald Everett 490
        DeAndre Carter 466
        Keenan Allen 400

Remember when I said before the season that the Chargers had the deepest WR corps in the league in terms of quality at each level of the depth chart? This is what I meant. And I was including Jaylon Guyton at the time. My point was that there were no scrubs on the WR depth chart, from KA to DC.

Palmer already has 92 catches. Palmer is averaging about 55 yds per game. He's had 3 100 yd games. He'll need to average 84 yds per over the final four games to reach 1,000 for the season.
        Ekeler leads the All Underpaid NFL team IMO.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Palmer is quietly putting together a pretty solid year...
          Palmer is really starting to show why he has been so hyped. Nice to see.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            JH3 and Me
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Agree...Free MIKE Willy:

free mikey 3.jpg
            Cmon TC, you know that all offensive plays will have been whistled for at least 2 seconds by the time those old goats get 30 yards downfield. Lombo is completely handcuffed by the OL’s inability to protect > 2 seconds.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Joshua Palmer 665
              Mike Williams 626
              Austin Ekeler 623
              Gerald Everett 490
              DeAndre Carter 466
              Keenan Allen 400

If we can squeak into the playoffs, with this bunch of weapons healthy, defensive coordinators of all the other playoff teams are gonna collectively groan...Herbert has had to lean on and trust every one of these guys...who do you double? Wont matter...and if Slater returns, forget about it.
              Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Ekeler leads the All Underpaid NFL team IMO.
                Shhh! Don't give Ekkie any ideas! Don't want him to pull a "Moaning Mel"...

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Agree...Free MIKE Willy:

free mikey 3.jpg
                  This is so epic. I'm buying my tickets in 3D.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Cmon TC, you know that all offensive plays will have been whistled for at least 2 seconds by the time those old goats get 30 yards downfield. Lombo is completely handcuffed by the OL’s inability to protect > 2 seconds.
                    Roll Herbie out...that will buy him 2-3 more seconds...and you refer to Mike Will as an "old goat"...well, for an old goat, he's not too BAAAAADDD...

Comment

• fanatic
                      Registered Chiefs Fan
                      • Dec 2021
                      • Southern California
                      • Realtor
                      • Send PM

Congrats on a fantastic win over Miami. The team looks so much better will a healthy Herbert & Williams. You guys should be getting more guys back to health soon. I said it before: Chargers will be in the play offs and have a shot at the SB. There are no great teams in the AFC. In fact the team I least want to face in the playoffs is the Chargers. Wishing you guys well until you play KC.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Roll Herbie out...that will buy him 2-3 more seconds...and you refer to Mike Will as an "old goat"...well, for an old goat, he's not too BAAAAADDD...
                        My concern is Vrabel copies what the Raiders did in placing their edge guys out wide as to better contain Herbert. The counter would be to run up their gut but Kelly + Eckler only had 17 carries that game. I say we take advantage of a fresh Kelly and feed him more.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

My concern is Vrabel copies what the Raiders did in placing their edge guys out wide as to better contain Herbert. The counter would be to run up their gut but Kelly + Eckler only had 17 carries that game. I say we take advantage of a fresh Kelly and feed him more.
                          Good point. If the Titans pull that Raider wide edge special, I suggest keeping Herbie under center most of the game, handing off to Ekkie and Kelley, with a lot of play action...this makes the pass more effective...also, I'd like to see a lot of 2-back sets...I formation, and either hand off to one of the two backs, or sometimes shift out of the I and split the backs for max protect...if the pressure is contained on the left side for example, the RB who is split out on the left side peels out for a late swing pass...

Comment

Working...
                          X