Dolphins @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

I'm not a fan of quarterbacks in general, mostly because of all the ridiculous changes in rules that have favored them over the years. Other than Herbert, I think I like maybe three other quarterbacks in the NFL right now. So, I don't enjoy the whole this quarterback is better than that quarterback debate.

But I don't know how ANYONE thought Tua was better than Herbert prior to this game. Hopefully last night put that one to rest for good.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

Good to see there aren't any MASSIVE mood swings around here..

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Zion has been pretty bad the past month or so. Teams have film on him now - can he be coached up?
        Just learning the position.
        Had some destroyer blocks last night.
        Mobile 3TECHs.
        Pass pro.
        That is Zion's last frontier.
        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Just learning the position.
          Had some destroyer blocks last night.
          Mobile 3TECHs.
          Pass pro.
          That is Zion's last frontier.
          I am not worried about his long term success, but Zion got utterly abused last night, and that is something that has happened way too much recently.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I am not worried about his long term success, but Zion got utterly abused last night, and that is something that has happened way too much recently.
            Christian Wilkins.
            SMH.
            Great player.
            That damn Danna on KC was giving DEN fits yesterday.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Herbert and Allen were pointing at each other after completions.

My mother taught me it's not polite to point.

But this was different.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Staley took away what Tua does best and deserves a ton of credit for it, as it clearly affected him and McDaniel did not seem to have an answer or adjustment to it. I am surprised that they did not try to run more in the second half, if for no other reason than to give their D a bit of time to rest. They did lose Wilson, but did run 19 times for 92 yards and a 4.8 yard per carry average in the game. Tennessee will be a completely different beast in their approach to our D.
                I watched an analysis last night that explains the Miami/McDaniel offense: Ego. McDaniel wants to be a big play offense. He doesn't want an offense that matriculates the ball down the field on long drives with lots of plays. He doesn't want to run the ball even if he can. He wants to throw downfield to his big play WRs and that's what he's going to do regardless. Staley apparently figured this out and was ready for it with a defensive game plan that flooded the zones where Tua likes to throw, and it worked. I'm sure he got inspiration from watching how the 49ers did it the week before.

Comment

• C’monchargers
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Christian Wilkins.
                  SMH.
                  Great player.
                  That damn Danna on KC was giving DEN fits yesterday.
                  This right here has a lot to take away from, the whole entire league has a problem containing Christian Wilkins. Also Raekwon Davis gets way too little credit for taking up blocks for Wilkins to attack. IMO the Chargers were going against quite a set of DT yesterday. Just me.

That said, watching the game for me particularly on offense, the OL pretty much let the OLB to attack the outside and contain with the tackle one on one and follow him to outside to protect the QB back side. Then they designated the right side B gap area as an escape route. For that to happen, Zion the RG has to seal that B gap that left by the OLB. And he did a very good job of it given the competition he goes against.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I'm thinking Zion has hit the rookie wall. Hopefully he gets a second wind soon.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Midwest
                      • Local 150 operating engineer.
                      • Send PM

Defense definitely had Tua guessing. He missed a couple throws that could have been big momentum swings. He couldn't get in a rhythm and the only real offense the Dolphins had was when Hill's defender fell down for a TD. And a wacky Fumble TD.

Chargers Offense did fine - but imo, game ball goes to the D.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I watched an analysis last night that explains the Miami/McDaniel offense: Ego. McDaniel wants to be a big play offense. He doesn't want an offense that matriculates the ball down the field on long drives with lots of plays. He doesn't want to run the ball even if he can. He wants to throw downfield to his big play WRs and that's what he's going to do regardless. Staley apparently figured this out and was ready for it with a defensive game plan that flooded the zones where Tua likes to throw, and it worked. I'm sure he got inspiration from watching how the 49ers did it the week before.
                        Staley was adamant that his defensive plan was very different from SF

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Staley said last night that the team “played hard”. That’s what I saw. Didn’t look like they took any plays off. Just balled every single time. I think the scheme he designed last night was more aggressive. Tua is used to having open receivers and his guys weren’t last night. Miami could not find one thing that worked on offense last night. Not one

Comment

Working...
                          X