Dolphins @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

The win was Los Angeles’ first victory this season against a team with a winning record.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Herbert's mobility was also on display in this win. Per Next Gen Stats, he evaded a career-high five pressures and completed 13 passes on the run, which is two more than any other player in a game since 2016. This has been an area that Herbert has thrived in all season as he leads the NFL in completions, yards and touchdown passes on the run.​
      Yeah, this had me very worried early in the game. Was worried about a repeat of the Raiders game. Herbert got his game on and shifted and slid his way between the defenders. Was a joy to see our boy Herbert regaining his form.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

Rodney Harrison was gushing about Staley's Cover 2 inside-man defensive scheme and game plan for this game on the NBC post game show.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Mike D.

the last initial says it all.... Tyreke 4/10

and "light box" ....didn't see a whole lotta the game, but did strike me that seemed liked we had a lotta guys up in the box/near the LOS a time or coupla few ??

ToP was ridiculous.... Miami's defensive backfield/DBs were weak sauce/overmatched.

hope it doesn't go without notice that we had the holy trinity of kicker, punter and punt returner this game, all doing well.

loved the Kelley run, w/Zion taking out the oncoming defender.

loved the Rocket Man rollout w/multiple receivers in the pattern.... only thought I had was if I was a Miami fan/defender.... we're screwed/fukked !! Herbatron did not disappoint....

best silver lining of the game.... Roo is still in the mix !!

ps. passing offense was highly efficient, and really liked that we spread the ball around.... @least somewhat.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Herbert's mobility was also on display in this win. Per Next Gen Stats, he evaded a career-high five pressures and completed 13 passes on the run, which is two more than any other player in a game since 2016. This has been an area that Herbert has thrived in all season as he leads the NFL in completions, yards and touchdown passes on the run.​
            This cannot be over-stated.
            Darius "4.36" Davis
            top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 1

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

watching the highlights, and.... had mentioned that woulda liked to have seen some TE slants, given how poor our blocking for Herbert had been, and.... think the intermediate slant to MW is a real good look, and would like to see that a fair bit more (know it's tough to get a look @the such when homeslice is sidelined

and suspect Keenan was slowed due more to injury than old age, and.... dude still managed to get open, and catch alotta balls.

shame that Everett dropped the one (very catchable) ball, and.... love watching his RAC jaunts.

Ekeler in space is lethal.

will also add that we were without Guyton still, which in my book is still a worthwhile add, and.... Deandre was relatively quiet tonight (didn't have to carry the load out there

a TE2 will still be a (huge) plus out there.

still got no problem getting Kelley the ball more often either.

and gots no interest in designed runs for Herb, as can't believe he is anywhere close to fully healed, albeit his play has been nothing short of miraculous, all things (ribs) considered.

Comment

• Scotty Boy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2017
                • Send PM

Awesome game; coaching, players, different phases all in-sync.

The $64,000 question is where has this been all season.

We have absolute dumpster games against (much) less talented teams (i.e. Houston last year, Jacksonville this year, etc.). While having Keenan & Big Mike + Lindsey back certainly helped, let’s admit there’s much more to it.

One of the Dolphin’s offensive players said after the game the Bolts showed different looks on D, which they’d never seen before.

It’s clear Staley & company - unintentionally, of course - play up to their competition. It’s both a coaching issue and a player intensity issue.

For the Chargers to become a good team, they must be CONSISTENTLY good - in their preparation, game planing and in-game execution.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

The Fire has been lit

watch our boys get hot

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Send PM

Frankly, I must admit that I'm growing increasingly paranoid that Mr. Staley is reading my posts. Why tackling so good all of the sudden? Why Dline performing well? Why defensive scheme adjustment/game plan change to expose opponent's weakness? Why coaching performance and outcome eerily close to my hot take before the game started? One must ask -- "Why?"

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Eurobolt
                        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

We have won vs good team on the rise? It was about time.

Good work. carry on.

Comment

• Classic
                          Hall Of Fame
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Send PM

Idk if this win means we peaked or are turning a corner. I thought for sure this was blowout loss waiting to happen. I guess Joe's offense isn't so bad when MikeDub is back in the rotation. I gotta eat some crow on this one but better that than the aftertaste of another L.

Comment

Working...
                          X