Dolphins @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C’monchargers
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
    It’s great to see Herbert doing things Herbert has routinely done. He has uncanny pocket awareness. There were a couple of plays where Herbert adjusted his arm angle to keep drives alive without really seeing where the pressure was coming from.

Although he prob should have done it much more last game, moving Herbert out of the pocket was crucial in this game, so Lombardi should get props too! I don’t care how often the Chargers pass, they still run enough to where it has to be respected.
    IMO the most crucial part when they move him out of pocket is that they had design escape route for him instead of desperate survival; that makes it vastly more manageable. Also they have him focus on the action that he is escaping toward which is to the right mostly here, preventing him having to make awkward throw across his body on the run moving away from his momentum. The only pass really goes across the field on the run was when he rolls right, stop set up and rip back to the left for a big gain.

Being able to move out of pocket and still be functional can make a marginal OL sustainably functional.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I admit that predraft I wasn’t a fan of drafting Herbert and wanted to keep Rivers. I still love Rivers but admit I was wrong, Herbert is special.
      I meant there were members of this forum who said this week that Herbert was the 4th best QB of his draft class.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Lose those repetitive gifs Stinky or I’m gonna nut kick you.
        You're gonna just have to Nut-Up Caslon. Stinky brought the positive Mojo tonight in the face of all those Negative Nancies and Debbie Downers.
        Stinky gets to do whatever the !@#$ he wants.
        OLineCentric

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

LMFAO:

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Regardless if every play worked perfectly, this was a masterful game by the coaching staff. Staley had the D fired up and he completely out coached this year's wunder coach McDaniel. Tua looked lost and honestly their O only earned a single fg tonight. The fumble was a fluke on a great play by the D and the on the pass to Hill where Davis was in perfect position and unluckily tripped.

On O the usual Lombo sucks stuff was posted but we put up over 400 yards, held the ball for 39:38 seconds, had a game clinching long drive for the fg in the 4th and did not turn the ball over. And this with Herbert running for his life because our offensive line was so overmatched. To the people who says injuries should not matter - amazing how we had our signature win this year in the first game Allen and Williams played the entire game together. Injuries do matter. Can you imagine if we had Slater and Pipkins playing?

We should now be favored in our last 4 games and as someone posted, if we beat the reeling Titans and the Bills beat the Dolphins in Buffalo on Saturday, we pass the Dolphins in the WR position.

It's a good time to be an optimist.
            I co-sign x1000. Good post. Fire Lombardi!

Mike Williams' stat line, his first game back: 6 catches, 116 yds, 1 TD, 19.3 avg

So glad they made re-signing MW a priority in the off-season. Fire Telesco!

Comment

• jox g
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Thank God they drafted Tua 5th! Hebert 6th! GREAT game planning by Staley! Give credit where it is due. Great game planning by Lombo.
              Milestone!?

A sign of a great coach is putting it together consistently week and and week out ......JUST DO IT!

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Regardless if every play worked perfectly, this was a masterful game by the coaching staff. Staley had the D fired up and he completely out coached this year's wunder coach McDaniel. Tua looked lost and honestly their O only earned a single fg tonight. The fumble was a fluke on a great play by the D and the on the pass to Hill where Davis was in perfect position and unluckily tripped.

On O the usual Lombo sucks stuff was posted but we put up over 400 yards, held the ball for 39:38 seconds, had a game clinching long drive for the fg in the 4th and did not turn the ball over. And this with Herbert running for his life because our offensive line was so overmatched. To the people who says injuries should not matter - amazing how we had our signature win this year in the first game Allen and Williams played the entire game together. Injuries do matter. Can you imagine if we had Slater and Pipkins playing?

We should now be favored in our last 4 games and as someone posted, if we beat the reeling Titans and the Bills beat the Dolphins in Buffalo on Saturday, we pass the Dolphins in the WR position.

It's a good time to be an optimist.
                Well said and I agree about the coaching and value of having MW and Keenan on the field for an entire game for the first time.

can’t say enough about the performance of the defense. Every single guy stepped up. They played well individually and as a unit. Credit to Staley and the players.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I meant there were members of this forum who said this week that Herbert was the 4th best QB of his draft class.
                  shocked will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Well said and I agree about the coaching and value of having MW and Keenan on the field for an entire game for the first time.

can’t say enough about the performance of the defense. Every single guy stepped up. They played well individually and as a unit. Credit to Staley and the players.
                    Get in the boat Fredo.
                    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

shocked will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie
                      I think it was in the pregame thread where someone posted that. Another poster said Herbert might be a dimwit.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

You're gonna just have to Nut-Up Caslon. Stinky brought the positive Mojo tonight in the face of all those Negative Nancies and Debbie Downers.
                        Stinky gets to do whatever the !@#$ he wants.
                        He has had those sigs for years. Well before Caslon showed up. Guess who is gonna win that one? Lol.

Just turn off sigs if he don't like them

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Also didn’t see a single charger go out with an injury tonight.

Comment

Working...
                          X