Chargers at Raiders Pre Game Thread (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Seems like Salyer may be the long term answer at either RT or LG.
    would like to give him some run @the OC next preseason....

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Damn OL!
      Herbert is NFL #5 in pass yards (3004), Tua #19 (2564).
      Tua missed 2 games.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Tua deserves to be called the better QB right now and I have no problem with it. He leads the league in passer rating, is completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown 19 TD passes to just 3 INTs. The season isn't done yet. Herbert and Tua meet in a few weeks and then there are the playoffs.
        I have seen all of 33 career tackle QB expert Acho's awful takes. Not sure what gives a failed NFL player the platform to continually trash a Pro Bowl, Top 100 NFL player but I cant wait for the day when he eats it...of course that is the problem with some of these talking heads, they say a bunch of shit and when they are proven wrong they never own it, just move on to another bad take.

A ton of recency bias in this stupid debate. Tua is a decent player. He got drafted high for a reason. But the overall body of work in 2 1/2 seasons is not even close. Herbert has numerous passing records for first few seasons, OROY and a Pro Bowl under his belt by 24. Tua has put together a great 10 game stretch after being set up with the best 2 most exposive passing weapons in the NFL and a great offensive coach. Herbert has proven toughness this season and is dealing with a ton of adversity. 10 weeks with bad ribs is worse for a QB then a concussion for 2 weeks...but Herbert's numbers will be solid by the end of the season.

If most GMs are given a choice of which QB to build around for the next 10 years i dont there there is even a debate.

What we need as Charger fans is to make the damn playoffs for the first time with Herbert to stop some of this nonsense

Comment

• SK21209
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I have seen all of 33 career tackle QB expert Acho's awful takes. Not sure what gives a failed NFL player the platform to continually trash a Pro Bowl, Top 100 NFL player but I cant wait for the day when he eats it...of course that is the problem with some of these talking heads, they say a bunch of shit and when they are proven wrong they never own it, just move on to another bad take.

A ton of recency bias in this stupid debate. Tua is a decent player. He got drafted high for a reason. But the overall body of work in 2 1/2 seasons is not even close. Herbert has numerous passing records for first few seasons, OROY and a Pro Bowl under his belt by 24. Tua has put together a great 10 game stretch after being set up with the best 2 most exposive passing weapons in the NFL and a great offensive coach. Herbert has proven toughness this season and is dealing with a ton of adversity. 10 weeks with bad ribs is worse for a QB then a concussion for 2 weeks...but Herbert's numbers will be solid by the end of the season.

If most GMs are given a choice of which QB to build around for the next 10 years i dont there there is even a debate.

What we need as Charger fans is to make the damn playoffs for the first time with Herbert to stop some of this nonsense
          Yeah, almost no one really thinks Tua is better than Herbert. As a Hawaii guy I'm a big Tua fan, but he's closer to Chiefs Alex Smith imo. The Dolphins have maybe the fastest tandem of receivers in league history but they're middle of the pack in YAC. If you watch Dolphins tape, you'll see that Tua is delivering the ball to wide open receivers accurately but a little late so they're just catching and falling down/out of bounds. Tua is very accurate sideline-to-sideline in the short and intermediate passing game, but not very accurate throwing the ball down the field. Swap Herbert for Tua this season and I think that Dolphins team is probably the #1 seed in the conference.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Tua had a higher ceiling than Justin 3 years ago
            The Dolphins ignored his injury history
            Justin upgraded his ceiling
            Tua was injured
            It was to be expected
            After 3 years, it's not close : Justin over Tua

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              JH3 and Me
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Holy fleet-bubbles … dick riding and booger flinging and … oh my! I love this place!

There was more than just a little talk among experts before the season wondering if Tua was a colossal mistake and Miami would have to scrap his development entirely - that is how good he was his first two years. He’s playing better now and he does have some great weapons but to say he’s a better QB than Herbert, who has shined as an all star since his first game, is hilarious.

There can be more than one very good QB in the league. Oh, wait - there are. And always are. Dick flinging booger riders can all get on board, lets roll!
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Resized_Screenshot_20221201-112353_Reddit.jpeg
                Darius "4.36" Davis
                top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Davis, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

With OL injuries this week, we need an exceptional protection plan to stay in this game.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Well said.
                    :toyou:
                    Darius "4.36" Davis
                    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

he has followers with his takes?

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Tua missed 2 games.
                        Wimp! Herbert had cracked rib cartilage and missed a few snaps.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Any official word on the injury to Pipkins knee? Have the mri'd it?
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X