Chargers at Cardinals Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BayAreaBoltz
    Chargers Hall of Fame
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
    If I ever met a forum member in real life I would buy them a beer and talk chargers ball with them.
    Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC
    And this is what I keep advocating for. Let's talk Chargers ball.

Anybody can say something wonderful about the Chargers. Equally, folks can state their complaints about the Chargers. Either way, let's talk about and debate the team, the coaches, the play-calling, the results etc.

What's become problematic for me is when people on these boards spend their time talking less about the team and more about the types of posts - rating their level of negativity, as if that's the point of this forum.

But I agree with you on this point - let's just talk Chargers ball. With or without the real life encounter and the beer (though I'd be happy for that as well).

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Ekeler going in motion moved somebody out of the center of the defense
      Allen took two players with him
      Everett circled a bit to the right - like he said "sell it, sell it, sell it" before cutting left behind the opening left by Allen to be wide open.... Simmons was too far off

Budda Baker was to the left of Herbert -- not even close to the play
      Exactly. And that was a good move by Everett to cut off his feigned route to the right. He switched direction on a dime and came back inside. Not every TE could do that. It was so quick. It's a testament to Everett's athleticism. It was every Kelce-like.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
        Chargers Hall of Fame
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Where did I say any off that regardig everyone else lol.
        You've been great at letting people know if they are being too negative or too much of a homer or know too little about the sport. Awesome. No shame in that. Every board needs people like that to keep everyone in check, no?

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post
          should we perhaps avoid the personal insults altogether
          I've never personally insulted anyone on this board. It's not my thing.

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            I think there's a missing sack from a play where Herbert tried to run upfield but was tackled behind the LOS.

Good call, yes, there was a play where Herbert tried to move forward but was tackled behind the line, and I think it was counted as a sack.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

And this is what I keep advocating for. Let's talk Chargers ball.

Anybody can say something wonderful about the Chargers. Equally, folks can state their complaints about the Chargers. Either way, let's talk about and debate the team, the coaches, the play-calling, the results etc.

What's become problematic for me is when people on these boards spend their time talking less about the team and more about the types of posts - rating their level of negativity, as if that's the point of this forum.

But I agree with you on this point - let's just talk Chargers ball. With or without the real life encounter and the beer (though I'd be happy for that as well).
              To be fair, what set me off was a poster railing on “polyanas” so that sword cuts both ways. I agree though maybe we can talk football without it devolving into name calling…

Bill Nye No GIF by PeacockTV

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Exactly. And that was a good move by Everett to cut off his feigned route to the right. He switched direction on a dime and came back inside. Not every TE could do that. It was so quick. It's a testament to Everett's athleticism. It was every Kelce-like.
                Unlike the Chiefs loss, Everett got it right this time.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post

Is it just as fair to be “honestly concerned” about people who engage in your own conduct and speech, or should we perhaps avoid the personal insults altogether and keep the debate focused on football opinions?
                  People that are too positive? To my knowledge being too happy isn’t bad for ones health but maybe it could go overboard? Idk I’m not a doctor but that doesn’t pass the smell test. Anyway let’s get back to the 6-5 Chargers and that awesome win! Staley with the big call, I remember Lynn doing that a few years back and getting a ton of credit for it.

Ew Smells Bad GIF by Bounce

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I've been called a Pollyana and the board optimist during these "tone of post" discussions but don't really see those as personal insults. Some focus on the good, some on the bad - we are all different and want to win a Super Bowl in our lifetime. But probably focusing on the team instead of tone is a good idea.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      I've been called a Pollyana and the board optimist during these "tone of post" discussions but don't really see those as personal insults. Some focus on the good, some on the bad - we are all different and want to win a Super Bowl in our lifetime. But probably focusing on the team instead of tone is a good idea.
                      Some of us are glass half full and some half empty. It’s the Yin Yang nature of life

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The truth is, I am honestly concerned for the mental health of one or two, or three, posters here. When someone goes on a fan board and is miserable in post after post because the team won, it really is better for them, for their mental health, to divorce themselves from the fan relationship.

It's the same if you are in a long-term marriage or relationship with somebody you have grown to detest. You are better off, for your own mental health, to divorce that person than to endure the unending misery for the sake of children, or finances, whatever.
                        You're putting far too much emphasis on how important the freakin' Chargers are to our lives. And to equate the mindless rants that many of us make against the team to something really important, like your relationship to your significant other, only proves that.

I won't speak for anyone else, but personally - and for the record - rooting for the Chargers doesn't make me "miserable". Is it the most satisfying thing in my life? Hardly. But I get a kick out of reading ALL the posts here, and I contribute when the spirit moves me. It really isn't anything more important/deeper than that.

So may I encourage YOU to drop the "I care about other people's mental health" schtick - even if you DO care - because it's really a misplaced concern. I'm personally not dialing the suicide hot line after another meaningless loss (or win), so I hope you can at least strike me off you 'caring' list. This is a place to come and escape real life, shoot the shit with other fans, and let the team have it when it's deserved.

Methinks you want me, and others like like me, to go away because the Chargers are that important to YOU and it rubs you the wrong way to read anything that even hints of something other than undying devotion. So maybe you're the one that needs a 'divorce'.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

You're putting far too much emphasis on how important the freakin' Chargers are to our lives. And to equate the mindless rants that many of us make against the team to something really important, like your relationship to your significant other, only proves that.

I won't speak for anyone else, but personally - and for the record - rooting for the Chargers doesn't make me "miserable". Is it the most satisfying thing in my life? Hardly. But I get a kick out of reading ALL the posts here, and I contribute when the spirit moves me. It really isn't anything more important/deeper than that.

So may I encourage YOU to drop the "I care about other people's mental health" schtick - even if you DO care - because it's really a misplaced concern. I'm personally not dialing the suicide hot line after another meaningless loss (or win), so I hope you can at least strike me off you 'caring' list. This is a place to come and escape real life, shoot the shit with other fans, and let the team have it when it's deserved.

Methinks you want me, and others like like me, to go away because the Chargers are that important to YOU and it rubs you the wrong way to read anything that even hints of something other than undying devotion. So maybe you're the one that needs a 'divorce'.
                          You had me until you started doing what you don’t want him to do. If you don’t want him to assume that you’re miserable maybe you shouldn’t assume he wants you gone?

Fork Seems About Right GIF by FTX_Official

Comment

Working...
                          X