Chargers at Cardinals Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuiteFrankly
    Since Balboa Stadium
    • Sep 2022
    • LA
    • Send PM

Derwin McCree? cmon man. Cardinals go for it on 4th down, and Derwin intercepts it when all he had to do was knock it down? So we lose 20 yards on the play? Please have him watch the 2006 Playoff game vs. the Patriots...don't be a knucklehead Derwin. I bet they gave him a game ball for that one.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Bandy/Rudy made a killer effort play today that may have kept the game from getting out of hand early
      The only real play he has made this season and it was big one.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
        Derwin McCree? cmon man. Cardinals go for it on 4th down, and Derwin intercepts it when all he had to do was knock it down? So we lose 20 yards on the play? Please have him watch the 2006 Playoff game vs. the Patriots...don't be a knucklehead Derwin. I bet they gave him a game ball for that one.
        While I admit that was selfish, and I did mention that that was like a short punt to my son when it happened it did feel like a big morale boost for the defense. That defense (secondary) feeds off Derwin and it helped establish some swagger after getting handled early.

On paper I agree it wasn’t a smart play but in this situation maybe it was just what the team needed.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I think this win may have saved Staley's job, regardless of whatever else happens this year.

This may be a signature moment depending on how the rest of his Chargers HCing career goes.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Bandy/Rudy made a killer effort play today that may have kept the game from getting out of hand early
            You called it early in the game thread.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

While I admit that was selfish, and I did mention that that was like a short punt to my son when it happened it did feel like a big morale boost for the defense. That defense (secondary) feeds off Derwin and it helped establish some swagger after getting handled early.

On paper I agree it wasn’t a smart play but in this situation maybe it was just what the team needed.
              As Rodney once said:

"Sometimes unnecessary roughness, IS necessary".

Love that quote.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

You don't have to answer the question. I'll let it slide.

Keep on posting those large memes. You seem to enjoy them (though I don't want to put words in your mouth).
                Thanks for not continuing to put words in my mouth and use my quotes completely out of context, I really do appreciate it. Oh and I’m not really posting memes, their called gifs and they’re a fun way to add color to a comment, it’s easy for non verbal communication to be lost in written text and they help to add them, plus their fun! Give them a try I promise you won’t regret it.

I’ll start you off with a good one that’s a gif but also is a meme (not all gifs are memes and not all memes are gifs confusing I know)!

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

This forum is so much better to check out after a win.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Canal Zone Bolt Fan View Post

You can’t be afraid to lose. What a stupid thing to say, when you haven’t won anything of note. Love the chargers to win, always do. But this guy isn’t taking us anywhere. He’s not. This defensive guru and his inept OC need to be let go.
                    Oh crap fam, looks like the party is over. Canal Zone Bolt Fan said that Staley isn’t taking us anywhere so the seasons over. That means it’s a lock, no budging, written in stone as they say. It was a good run this year, maybe next year we will have a chance we will have to wait and see what Canal Zone Bolt Fan says next year but this year is done. Take care of yourselves until the draft!

Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

As Rodney once said:

"Sometimes unnecessary roughness, IS necessary".

Love that quote.
                      love that quote too!

need some of that attitude on this team.... lol

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
                        one of this teams problems is lack of common sense.... everyone knows you dont catch the ball on 4th down..... especially 4th and long..... they are good at finding nice guys.... but football is not a nice guy game.... its a tough hard nosed smart guy game....

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • victoria b.c.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                          I think this win may have saved Staley's job, regardless of whatever else happens this year.

This may be a signature moment depending on how the rest of his Chargers HCing career goes.
                          Staley isn't going anywhere.
                          The team is 6-5 and playing hard with many of our KEY starters out. I thought Lombardi called a much better game today ,Staleys defense tightened up at the end of the game and we came out with a big win on the road.We need to see this team play when fully healthy before any coaching decisions are made.

Comment

Working...
                          X