Chargers at Cardinals Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canal Zone Bolt Fan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Indianapolis, IN
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

What you don't realize is that we all want the Chargers to win.

Some of us feel we should be well over .500 most years and with this QB. Others seem to enjoy the mediocrity. It's just a comfort level.

I'm in the camp of not being comfortable being a team without a Super Bowl win and out of the playoffs for far too long. But that's just me.
    Same here. We all want the franchise to get better, like we have the last 45+ years. One win against a weak Cardinals team today doesn’t change the fact that Staley is in over his head, LOMBO sucks and TT needs fired.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Are you equally okay calling Lombardi out for what you stated (bolded) above?
      What would be the point of doing that? Lombardi deserves props for continuing to grow in his job. And that 2 pt play was beautiful. You should take a look at it a few more times. It's the kind of play that I see McDaniel designing for Tua in Miami.

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Balcony
        • Senile Agitator
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

What happened to the reasonable poster that you *used* to be, wu? 181 yards rushing allowed. Another uninspiring win against a bottom feeder. We're transforming alright. Into another year with Staley and Telesco. Dynasty in the making.
        If we hadn't spotted another team 10+ points in the 1st quarter yet again, and hadn't had one of the worst running backs in the NFL have his best game of the year by far, I might call it a transformation. But honestly, it was just more evidence that nothing has changed.

I'm happy for a win, even if we crawled out of a hole of our own making yet again, and against one of the NFL's worst teams. But let's be real, there's little to be excited about unless a bunch of injured players come back.

True story, I haven't given up on the exorcism. It needs to be done. Trying to find someone who believes this can be performed remotely. Because this team is truly cursed with injuries, and it has to be dealt with.

But no exorcism can help this coaching staff, unfortunately. They just flat-out suck, and nothing short of divine intervention will ever change that.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Herbie is probably the only reason I still root for this team.

I wonder who the #1s are in both of those categories?
            Marino for TDs

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

If we hadn't spotted another team 10+ points in the 1st quarter yet again, and hadn't had one of the worst running backs in the NFL have his best game of the year by far, I might call it a transformation. But honestly, it was just more evidence that nothing has changed.

I'm happy for a win, even if we crawled out of a hole of our own making yet again, and against one of the NFL's worst teams. But let's be real, there's little to be excited about unless a bunch of injured players come back.

True story, I haven't given up on the exorcism. It needs to be done. Trying to find someone who believes this can be performed remotely. Because this team is truly cursed with injuries, and it has to be dealt with.

But no exorcism can help this coaching staff, unfortunately. They just flat-out suck, and nothing short of divine intervention will ever change that.
              Agree To Disagree Ryan Gosling GIF by The Academy Awards

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                • Feb 2019
                • Midwest
                • Local 150 operating engineer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                The thing about the decision to go for the 2 pt conversion that I really liked, is not so much the decision itself but that they had a good play designed for that situation and it worked. Props to Lombardi for that. On some of Staley's earlier decisions to go for it on 4th and short and it failed, I just felt like they didn't have the right play. But that play to Everett was well-conceived and executed. It was a fast developing play that was almost impossible to defend because it was over so quickly.
                You know, I feel the majority of the time the execution of the play trumps the "right" call. On this one, it was a combination of both! Beautiful.

Myself - I would have kicked the ball. Thought the Cards had gotten out of rhythm offensively and the Chargers found momentum... I liked their chances in OT. But I'll take the walk off any day.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                  Chargers Hall of Fame
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Be honest. Is there a coach, .......HC , OC, DC, GM.... that we didn't want fired?

I think we have called for all their heads. They all seem to wear out their welcome. Some faster than others.
                  Ha. Probably true. I wanted Bobby Ross to stay. I actually wanted AJ to stay (was I the only one?). I started as a fan in the Coryell years, so didn't really know enough then to have a decision.

I do know this - I did NOT want Jon Gruden (thankful they didn't go after him). I did NOT want McCoy. I did NOT want Lynn. And I truly did NOT want Lombo. Nope.

Staley is the only recent hire that moved the needle for me. I was intrigued by Daboll, but uncertain. Staley came out of nowhere and his passion and intellect won me over (along with Ramsey's ringing endorsement and that Ram's D "credential").

But now, seeing his area of expertise continue to be atrocious, I'm done.

Comment

• Canal Zone Bolt Fan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Indianapolis, IN
                    • Send PM

So, which was our 'signature' win this season that signifies, to you, that Staley is changing anything? Our victory against...

- The 4-7 LV Raiders?
                    - The 3-8 Denver Broncos?
                    - The 5-7 Atlanta Falcons?
                    - The 4-7 Cleveland Browns?
                    - The 4-8 Arizona Cardinals?
                    or maybe...
                    - The 1-9-1 Houston Texans?

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                      Chargers Hall of Fame
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Uh what? That doesn’t even make sense? Please explain where I said that or are you just putting words in my mouth?

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office
                      Whenever the Chargers win, the naysayers on here start getting snippy against those who had legit (IMO) complaints during the game. As if the win somehow nullifies those complaints. They'll say things like we are "a bunch of overbearing sports dads trying to live vicariously through their kids by putting unrealistic expectations on them until they inevitably fall short of them." Again, somehow the win negates it all and we're in the wrong.

Okay. If that's the position, that a win makes these complainers seem like overbearing sports dads, I'm asking you if you are okay with the complaints when the Chargers lose? Or do you still feel the same way. You can answer, if you'd like.

I don't want to put words in your mouth (which, if you look real closely at my first post, you'll see it's got some question marks in it). I was looking FOR your position.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Be honest. Is there a coach, .......HC , OC, DC, GM.... that we didn't want fired?

I think we have called for all their heads. They all seem to wear out their welcome. Some faster than others.
                        I didn't want Ross fired or Marty fired.

I think with Coryell, even tho I loved him, that his career had run its course.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          What would be the point of doing that? Lombardi deserves props for continuing to grow in his job. And that 2 pt play was beautiful. You should take a look at it a few more times. It's the kind of play that I see McDaniel designing for Tua in Miami.
                          What's the point in calling out Lombo for his myriad of poor play calls and designs from week to week? Hmm. Good point. You won me over.

Now, if Lombo can design more plays like the one you mentioned above, I may jump on board the bandwagon!

Comment

Working...
                          X