Chargers at Cardinals Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Game Balls: Michael Davis, Derwin James, Justin Herbert

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      You seem to know everything that's wrong with this team.
      So if the Spanos clan turned it over to you and gave you complete control what would you do about this team?
      I don't know everything about anything, roo. Surely I don't have to explain that to you. But I can see what ISN'T working, and this FO and coaching staff are just not getting it done. They never have, so I would love to see a true change of direction by the ownership.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Herbert got it today!

Comment

• Rambler
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • No Cal
          • Civil Research Attorney
          • Send PM

Anyone notice the defender beaten on that two-point conversion? Isaiah Simmons. The guy a lot of the posters on this board wanted picked instead of Herbert.

Simmons is not a bad player, but isn't the defensive MVP some were projecting him to be. Speed, but not great instincts.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

No team in the AFC has a strength of victory over .500. Not even the Chiefs or Bills - the teams they've defeated are collectively are under .500. The only team in the league that can boast a SOV over .500 is the Cowboys, at .522. The 49ers have a SOV of .375, about the same as the Chargers.
            That points out how closely matched these teams are. That's why we see so many close games. That's why a team can win a SB one year and miss the playoffs the next year.

This was the second game in a row that we played a team on the week they got all their injured players back.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

What you don't realize is that we all want the Chargers to win.

Some of us feel we should be well over .500 most years and with this QB. Others seem to enjoy the mediocrity. It's just a comfort level.

I'm in the camp of not being comfortable being a team without a Super Bowl win and out of the playoffs for far too long. But that's just me.
              I question that observation.
              At least 99.9% if us want to support a winner. Probably 100%. No SB trophy is a drag, sorta. Not my fault though..
              I support my Chargers because they are MY team and have given me a lot of enjoyment. I don't insist on perfection because that doesn't exist in the NFL.
              I have enjoyed the imperfect hunt for a SB trophy.with all the great plays, great players, HOF players, great games, great wins, Div Championships and one AFL Championship. Until we play a Perfect Season, I'll always want us to do better but I do not hate in my team.
              disgusted, even angry sometimes. they are still my team even during Ryan Leaf years. this isn't then, not even a little bit. maybe that is what makes me more thick skinned.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Velo...please...drop the dime store psychiatry BS, please. Blabbering about mental health in the same breath as a meaningless thing like the NFL is kind of an insult to those who do struggle with emotional issues. Let's just stick to football.
                Just because you disagree with what he said doesn’t make it wrong. If something makes you stressed and angry in a regular basis it’s probably not good for you. On the other hand it’s a free country so do what you want but the facts are facts and anger and stress aren’t good for anyone mentally or physically.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Herbert got it today!

Herbie is probably the only reason I still root for this team.

I wonder who the #1s are in both of those categories?

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    You seem to know everything that's wrong with this team.
                    So if the Spanos clad turned it over to you and gave you complete control what would you do about this team?
                    Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
                      No matter how you slice it, that was a gut check win.

Bosa back soon?

12-5 here we come!
                      I’m with you! Even 10-7 would be good enough I think and much more manageable. There’s hope and once you make the dance it’s just a series of individual games and it’s anyone’s game.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post
                        Anyone notice the defender beaten on that two-point conversion? Isaiah Simmons. The guy a lot of the posters on this board wanted picked instead of Herbert.

Simmons is not a bad player, but isn't the defensive MVP some were projecting him to be. Speed, but not great instincts.
                        im not disagreeing, but with today's rules, it should be almost impossible to stop anyone from getting open for a quick 2 yard score or play..... as long as the QB makes good quick decisions and is accurate.... everyone including the best players get burned these days....

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Just because you disagree with what he said doesn’t make it wrong. If something makes you stressed and angry in a regular basis it’s probably not good for you. On the other hand it’s a free country so do what you want but the facts are facts and anger and stress aren’t good for anyone mentally or physically.
                          Raise your hand if you're a fan of the Chargers and HAVEN'T been stressed and angry at some poiint? Right, I don't see any hands either.

So does that mean that ALL of us are doing something that isn't good for us, and should, as Doctor Velo suggests, stop rooting for the Chargers?

It's all about perspective. We all get stressed and angry about bad traffic, too. And how many of us are going to decide to stop driving?

Comment

Working...
                          X