Official Chargers At Niners Gameday Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

They lost by 6.
    I would like to think with Slater, Allen, Williams and Bosa on the field that would have been worth at least 1 TD and XP and the win tonight.
    I hope the team can get and stay somewhat healthy down the stretch.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

If it wasn't for some blown coverages on the first drive...we only score the 3 FGs.
      true... 2 blown coverages on first drive, then 49ers adjusted and no more blown coverages.... that defense is real....

One of the reasons we have struggled at start of games is becase we normally start super conservative on offense just running or short dump offs.... today we mixed it up with a deep toss and guess what?... we got a big play and score....

Lesson for future.... start out aggressive and NEVER stop!!!

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
        defense played exceptional
        well enough to win

Offense was sputtering. Herb missing throws and not seeing open guys. Foster Sarell held up well vs Bosa,
        Whoever evalutes O-line needs a pay raise
        Was this more evident in the second half? I’m worried about the concussion that he supposedly cleared.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Rivers played with a Michael Harris starting at left tackle, Mruczkowski starting at center, and Clary starting at RT, with Goodman, Inman, Ajiroututu, Crayton and other no-names as receivers for several years, and that offense was arguably winning us games we shouldn't have been winning then. And the defense and ST especially were definitely not helping us for the most part in those years.
          Yeah and if you remember, Rivers looked horrible in half the games he played with those guys. 2012 with Michael Harris at LT was brutal.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

We won't be viable in the run game unless we have a generational running back like an LT who ran behind poor Olines in his early years, and still had success. We just don't have effective run blockers on the Oline. At this point, I would take a Ryan Mathews. He was surprisingly effective if not for being injury prone.
            Linsley? Zion? Pipkens? Ineffective run blockers?
            Feiler shouldn't be half bad. Everett is a decent run blocking tight end.

They don't put effort and emphasis on it....and Lombo compounds the problem by throwing it short all the time,
            bringing all 9 - 10 defenders into the box.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

THIS
              Not a slight against Herbert, but Rivers intelligence was just special to of won us those games.
              Drove me nuts all those years people blaming Rivers for succes but not enough success having to play with a crappy OL always hurt WRs and coaches of Norv, Mccoy, & Lynn
              I wasn't a fan of Rivers spastic style...I thought he made way too many carless throws late in games. For every great throw he would make a what the heck are you chucking it up for grabs for throw. He definitely deserved better talent at oline. But he had Gates and LT ...two 1st ballot hall of famers i their prime.....Herbert doesn't have any hall of famers their prime around him at skill positions.

At least that's how I see it.....
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I'm not even upset after this game seeing all the guys that were out and then half the DLine went down along with one of our top receiving options that was still left. McKitty sucks. Bandy didnt get ONE catch I dont remember.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

THIS
                  Not a slight against Herbert, but Rivers intelligence was just special to of won us those games.
                  Drove me nuts all those years people blaming Rivers for succes but not enough success having to play with a crappy OL always hurt WRs and coaches of Norv, Mccoy, & Lynn
                  Honestly, I wouldn't slight Herbert because I feel he played amazing in 2020 considering what he had to work with on the Oline and how much he was pressured. I just feel he's regressed under Lombardi, injury bug or not. The question is how much freedom Herbert had under Steichen versus Lombardi, and whether Steichen was better at utilizing Herbert's talents.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

The Oline is not a good run blocking Oline.

One positive I took from this game is the run defense is getting closer to being viable. The interior Dline played pretty good. Linebackers are still terrible though there were a lot of runs where blocks got blown up by the Dline but linebackers just didn't make the tackle.

What Rivers had that Herbert doesn't have yet is ownership. Herbert doesn't take ownership of the offense he just runs plays. He runs them the way they're designed with little regard to situation. I saw him take some ownership at the end of the first half - first time he's done that all season. He'd be better off if the coaching staff just let him call plays.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

This may actually be the best game the Chargers played all season. One thing is for sure, they are playing hard for Staley. Reports that Staley was losing the locker room earlier this season are BS. On to KC.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

There is really no need for anyone to get too deep in the commentary on this one.

It was a bad matchup.
                        We were very undermanned.
                        And we play hard.

Move on.
                        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Honestly, I wouldn't slight Herbert because I feel he played amazing in 2020 considering what he had to work with on the Oline and how much he was pressured. I just feel he's regressed under Lombardi, injury bug or not. The question is how much freedom Herbert had under Steichen versus Lombardi, and whether Steichen was better at utilizing Herbert's talents.
                          In 2020, Herbert had two WRs with sub 4.4 speed and were 6-1, 6-2, who could stretch the field. Right now all he has is 5-8 DeAndre Carter and his 4.4 speed.

Comment

Working...
                          X