Seahawks @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

This map is telling of the lack of popularity of the Chargers. All of Northern, Central and even as far south as Santa Barbara and Bakersfield? 49er country. Southeast Cali desert? Cardinal country, might as well be Arizona. Seahawks though capture the better parts of 4 states, and the rest of the west belong to the Chiefs.

Last I checked the Chargers were 4-2 same as KC and Seattle was 3-3 same as SF so it’s not like the other game is better on paper either.
    LAC is missing a lot of star power and herbert is playing hurt, if those things where different then the map would look different, hell if russell was still in seattle the map would look different…herbert vs smith is not a superbowl rematch story like garrapolo vs mahomes is either…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• nomad1946
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2017
      • West Yellowstone, Montana
      • Retired
      • Send PM

I am in the blue area, I hope they actually show the game here.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Time for the Chargers to make Geno Smith look like the backup QB we knew him as. “Geno takes the snap…now scrambling out of the pocket…runs for a two yard gain.” Saw that plenty.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
          Time for the Chargers to make Geno Smith look like the backup QB we knew him as. “Geno takes the snap…now scrambling out of the pocket…runs for a two yard gain.” Saw that plenty.
          Right now Geno smith has way more talent around him than herbert does…plus he’s healthy..he has two rookie tackles that are playing lights out, he has healthy wider receivers one of whom is considers top shelf in the league, he has two dangerous TEs, and a stud RB that breaks tackles like nick chubb but with more speed…

let’s put it this way, he had a better game against that bronco defense than herbert did, he threw 2 TDs against them with no picks and went 23/28 passing…he’s one of the more pleasant stories in the NFL this year…caroll tried his level best to hand the job to drew lock but unfortunately for us geno smith won the job…

if you are thinking geno smith is their weak spot think again, he’s been disciplined and methodical…we win this game if we don’t beat ourselves and our offense finds a way to get some points despite all the injuries, get ready for another nail biter type finish…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

This map is telling of the lack of popularity of the Chargers. All of Northern, Central and even as far south as Santa Barbara and Bakersfield? 49er country. Southeast Cali desert? Cardinal country, might as well be Arizona. Seahawks though capture the better parts of 4 states, and the rest of the west belong to the Chiefs.

Last I checked the Chargers were 4-2 same as KC and Seattle was 3-3 same as SF so it’s not like the other game is better on paper either.
            The KC@SF game is the featured national game for the Fox doubleheader, and the SEA@LAC was only going to be shown in the normal local markets. I doubt that many non SEA/LAC fans are all that interested outside the primary markets.

Take a look at the Hou@ LV map for CBS...at least the Chargers didn't allow the Raider game on LA TV while they were playing. The red is for the morning Detroit @ Dallas game ....yuck.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
              …if you are thinking geno smith is their weak spot think again, he’s been disciplined and methodical;we win this game if we don’tt beat ourselves…
              Scramble drill! More DB scramble drills!

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Before the season started the talk was about how loaded we were at WR. Now, no Guyton, KA has only played 1 half and Palmer underperformed and now concussed. IN BANDY WE TRUST
                Yep. I really don't know why they're not playing Bandy more. He can actually get open and make catches of more than 5 yards. Hopefully they will make more use of him this week.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                  Scramble drill! More DB scramble drills!
                  The thing is He’s been clutch from the pocket this year…they need to put pressure on him like they did with russell…

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Right now Geno smith has way more talent around him than herbert does…plus he’s healthy..he has two rookie tackles that are playing lights out, he has healthy wider receivers one of whom is considers top shelf in the league, he has two dangerous TEs, and a stud RB that breaks tackles like nick chubb but with more speed…

let’s put it this way, he had a better game against that bronco defense than herbert did, he threw 2 TDs against them with no picks and went 23/28 passing…he’s one of the more pleasant stories in the NFL this year…caroll tried his level best to hand the job to drew lock but unfortunately for us geno smith won the job…

if you are thinking geno smith is their weak spot think again, he’s been disciplined and methodical…we win this game if we don’t beat ourselves and our offense finds a way to get some points despite all the injuries, get ready for another nail biter type finish…
                    If Geno played behind the line we trotted out with the receivers we played, he would not have put up faintly close to Herbert's numbers. The Seahawks injury report this week has a long list of players on it.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Yep. I really don't know why they're not playing Bandy more. He can actually get open and make catches of more than 5 yards. Hopefully they will make more use of him this week.
                      The next time they call him up he has to remain on the roster for a few weeks, that's the rule because bandy has already been called up 3 times…it won’t surprise me if they call up reed instead:shock:

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

The thing is He’s been clutch from the pocket this year…they need to put pressure on him like they did with russell…
                        And when the pressure is being applied, gotta have smart defence cut off his rollout route too. End lineman or linebacker taking away his rollout escape clause. Also a situation where defensive backs have to quickly switch from their usual coverage responsibilities. When that happens, you see a receiver and no defender within 10 yards of him. Why? They stayed in normal coverage mode responsibility when the QB scrambled. Very frustrating to see that. That’s why I want the scramble drill practiced over and over again, with an emphasis on unspoken communication between pass defenders. Get out of normal coverage mode mindset and area responsibility during those scrambling QB plays. And have the defensive coaches scream No! No! No! when they get it wrong during practices. (I miss the Bobby Ross days when it was reported the team had a lousy day of practice and Boss Ross was pissed). Nowadays?
                        Last edited by Caslon; 10-19-2022, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

I used to get Seahawks games all the time on FOX, and when they were on CBS, when I lived in the state of Oregon. I've seen Seattle throughout the years. I used to see Seahawks fans on the street or other public places.

I lived in Oregon until last year. Before the start of the 2021 season. Most of the state carries Seahawks games. I was in the PDX area. Sometimes they would show 49ers games, when Seattle wasn't on FOX, if it were possible. The 49ers are one of the most popular teams, and they have a portion of the lower parts of Oregon. Oregon is dominated by Seahawks and 49ers. Other teams and fanbases do have their presence in the state though.

Next year the TV networks are going to do away with the current structure. FOX and CBS will not be carrying games and designated a conference. That's going to change. The dynamic is going to be different.

Comment

Working...
                          X