Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    lol again

as a lifelong Charger fan, I feel for them. I really do...

Browning may just be the one few things worse than Chargering.

Comment

• cmplxgal
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • New Jersey
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      LBs are a weak link - bad instincts and guesses leading to bad positioning constantly

Yes. Tranquill was out of position a lot. I don't understand, as he's been solid in the past.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Yes. Tranquill was out of position a lot. I don't understand, as he's been solid in the past.
        Tranquill had a horrible game. He was getting blown up on seemingly every play he wasn't out of position on.

Derwin also had several uncharacteristically bad plays.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Ekeler >> Chubb
          Kelley >> Hunt

Njoku 6/6
          our TE receiving corps 1/6

Derwin was a solid, and w/a key stop on that last series

MVP Cade York 0/2

and personally woulda punted.... holy cow Brandon,

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

So now that we’ve fully explored the 4th down call decision, anyone want to talk about the other 59:50 of the game?

I posted some thoughts 20 ore more pages ago, they got lost in the coach-firing melee.

Salyer went from a data point to a trend. Dude is a stud - what a 6th rd steal!
            Kelley emerged, coaches seem to know he is the ALT to Eke. Good!
            Eke is a special special talent. another great game
            LBs are a weak link - bad instincts and guesses leading to bad positioning constantly
            JCJ not a good game until his late pass breakup
            I don’t believe in Palmer as much as i did. I want to see some Bandy
            Gutsy comeback after down 2 TDs. Guys played hard, won the 2nd half imo.
            Carter tackled again by the first cover guy downfield when he had 10 yards space to figure out how to evade even one guy Not impressed.
            Pipkin is a stud. Resign him.
            Parham was a ghost of a player out there. I saw he was there a couple times but he was invisible
            How about that placekicker!?!? Do we have a controversy?

3-2 is not a bad place to be. Feel good about Denver, their offense is atrocious and Wilson is banged up but likely will play. Their coach is a spaz.

whatcha got? Cmon - forget the non-punt, we already covered that.
            Looks pretty good to me. I'm thinking JCJ is just a little rusty and will regain his form. Kind of worried about Parham, don't know if he's coming back from that awful concussion or not. Hold the hate, didn't say I didn't want him to come back, just that he doesn't look right. He's a great player & teammate, and sorely missed. The tackling still looked suspect at times, though Murray seems to be getting the hang of it.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

when I see the stat, most yards before contact, and then most yards after contact.... think that defines Tranquil's game more than any other Charger ??

guess the coaches saw fit enough to put in Alohi.... my question is, "where was Reeder ?"

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

when I see the stat, most yards before contact, and then most yards after contact.... think that defines Tranquil's game more than any other Charger ??

guess the coaches saw fit enough to put in Alohi.... my question is, "where was Reeder ?"
                wait Gilman came in for Tranquill? Or did he come in over Nas?

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Chargers gave Salyer a ton of help today....as they should have.

I can't really tell much from Salyer's performance today.

Pipkens on the other hand was matched up against Clowney mano a mano and did a good job.

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

we were lucky that Jacoby Brissett broke out some of that old Jay Cutler mojo from back in Denver: "can i crush your soul with this 4th quarter pick?"

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        Ekeler >> Chubb
                        Kelley >> Hunt

Njoku 6/6
                        our TE receiving corps 1/6

Derwin was a solid, and w/a key stop on that last series

MVP Cade York 0/2

and personally woulda punted.... holy cow Brandon,
                        That was my gut feeling too. I guess he wants to put the game on Herbie’s arm. I’m just glad we eeked out with a W

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

So now that we’ve fully explored the 4th down call decision, anyone want to talk about the other 59:50 of the game?

I posted some thoughts 20 ore more pages ago, they got lost in the coach-firing melee.

Salyer went from a data point to a trend. Dude is a stud - what a 6th rd steal!
                          Kelley emerged, coaches seem to know he is the ALT to Eke. Good!
                          Eke is a special special talent. another great game
                          JCJ not a good game until his late pass breakup
                          I don’t believe in Palmer as much as i did. I want to see some Bandy
                          Gutsy comeback after down 2 TDs. Guys played hard, won the 2nd half imo.
                          Carter tackled again by the first cover guy downfield when he had 10 yards space to figure out how to evade even one guy Not impressed.
                          Pipkin is a stud. Resign him.
                          Parham was a ghost of a player out there. I saw he was there a couple times but he was invisible
                          How about that placekicker!?!? Do we have a controversy?

3-2 is not a bad place to be. Feel good about Denver, their offense is atrocious and Wilson is banged up but likely will play. Their coach is a spaz.

whatcha got? Cmon - forget the non-punt, we already covered that.
                          Great Post!

Salyor has allowed me to dream. I was ready to write off the season thinking Norton was going to be one of our tackles this year and now I can dream of a decent oline.

Im concerned about JCJ. I’m not sure if the ankle is still bothering him or he’s working through the system but he has looked replaceable so far.

Hopefully the coaches can use Ekeler more and spell him with Kelly vs this horrible three headed monster they have been using. Imho bad teams use three players because they don’t have a guy, good teams have two competent backs with one of them being the guy. This keeps the guy fresh down the stretch.

This was Palmers chance to break out, we need to draft WR high next year because KA is getting old and M.Will is ok but he isn’t a game breaker. His skill set is better positioned at the wr2 position where he can get more 1x1 matchups. Let’s see more bandy or even better look for some WR FA/trade help, especially if KA is injured long term.

What happened to Everett? I like parham but if Everett is the guy where did he go? I don’t love this two TE stuff unless you do it consistently. I really like Parham but you paid Everett to be the guy for two years, let Parham recover and learn.

The place kicker (forgot his name) seemed like a solid backup plan but his leg is pretty weak, he was barely making it to the end zone on kickoffs it seemed.

I’m amped for the Chargers, I love our aggressive mindset and think that playing the odds is going to pay off for our team this year. It’s going to be a bumpy ride but I’m excited for it!

Comment

Working...
                          X