Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I believe Staley needs to go...
    Nah.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Love how Trey Pipkins broke the huddle. So happy for him.
      He certainly has been on a journey. No one gives a home town discount; it might be very hard to keep him here, but he doesn't look like he has a foot out the door.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Currently? No.
        We've only played 5 games.
        It's a very high probability that we'll be a different team after 17 games.
        I really liked the way the OL, Ek & Kelley showed up. We outgained the Browns on the ground.
        That's a big plus over the 1st 4 games.
        Huge positive today. Slayer’s continued development along with Pipkins and Zion is so encouraging. Ek has 5 TDs in the last 2 games. He has stepped up along with MW to carry this team. Kelley was great in his role today. Herbert is getting healthier. Even ran a couple. We are building.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by LinksterAC View Post
          Not punting to a team with no timeouts and 74 seconds left was comically stupid.

But you need luck to work for you to win in the NFL, so I won’t bemoan an outcome that went the Chargers’ way.
          Welcome to the forum, Link.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Currently? No.
            We've only played 5 games.
            It's a very high probability that we'll be a different team after 17 games.
            I really liked the way the OL, Ek & Kelley showed up. We outgained the Browns on the ground.
            That's a big plus over the 1st 4 games.
            Maturity and wisdom from a man who's been around for awhile. I'm right with you on this, your comment about being a different team after 17 games is spot on. This team is 1. overcoming adversity caused by injury to key personnel and 2. still learning to play together with so many new faces. We see it every year. Teams that are playing their best early in the season often are not the best teams late in the season, and teams that struggle to win early in the season, but still win, like this Chargers team right now, often are the best teams late in the season. Last year the Rams endured a 3 game losing streak in the middle of the season. They got it together and won the Super Bowl. The Bengals last season dropped back to back home games to the Chargers and 49ers in early Dec and were barely over .500. But they rallied and went rolling hot into the post-season. The Chargers right now are in a very good place. And they get to play perhaps the most inept team in football next week, while the Chiefs have to deal with the Bills. Bolt Up!

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              We are building.
              This. I see this too. It's a long season, and as sonorajim noted in another post, this will be a different team after 17 weeks.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Davis, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Kelly did well. Should be #2 back moving forward

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  Punting is a sign of surrender.

Playing not to lose.

You are saying I don't trust my offense.

And you're also saying I don't trust my defense to get a stop if the offense fails to convert.

So I will surrender and play field position conservative style and hope my defense can hold up. And then you play prevent soft defense and give up underneath and hope that works to hold them off. Likely giving up a FG try anyway. So you might as well Bolt the fuck up and go for it.

Staley say No Surrender.
                  I can handle the smoke.
                  We are playing to win.
                  Today’s game reminded me of a less crazy version of last year’s Browns game.

Comment

• Go_Herbo
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2021
                    • Send PM

Keenan Allen disapproves of Brandon Staley's late 4th-down gamble vs. Browns: 'WTF are we doing'

https://sports.yahoo.com/keenan-alle...232839424.html

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell 84 View Post
                      We didn't deserve to win this one and luck gave us a win not Brandon Staley's game decisions. Where has this run game been all year long?
                      We deserved to win the KC game. But we still had to accept the L at the end of the day.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Stop. You are not allowed to post anything positive about Lombardi, despite the fact that we scored 30 points, had over 200 yards of rushing, had no turnovers and were playing with a beat up QB and without our starting LT and best WR, all while winning the game. You can only look at very specific plays that didn’t work to properly criticize the coaching staff.
                        C'mon, rich...do you REALLY think this was a convincing win? Something to build on? Does it look like we're heading in the right direction? I get that the Lombardi bashing gets old - and absolutely nothing is going to be done with the coaching staff for the rest of this season - but I saw nothing today that would make me believe that: 1) This is playoff team; 2) They are playing better each week; 3) Our best football is ahead of us.

P.S. And it's shouldn't come as any big surprise that the team's best rushing day came against the team with the worst rushing defense.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I mean, honestly, have they been impressive in ANY game they've played this year? Even the wins? Have they secured a convincing win yet? Have they dominated? Have they beaten a quality opponent? If you - or anyone else who thinks the Chargers' 3-2 record is "all that matters" - would take off the rose-colored glasses for a minute, I think you'd have to admit that this is a middle-of-the-pack team. Maybe not shitty, as I said; but certainly not a playoff team.
                          Winning is all that matters. Not style points. This isn’t college football.

Comment

Working...
                          X