Jaguars @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Meltdown (Week 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Shane Steichen is doing a great job for the Eagles. I have watched parts of their games. Steichen's play calling is miles ahead of Lombardi's. Some guys just know how to call plays and others really, really do not.

Hurts has half of the arm talent that Herbert has, but the Eagles have scored 86 points (28.7 per game) versus our 58 (19.3 points per game).
    props to the posters who called for retaining Steichen.... (was not one of 'em personally)

for myself, dude put himself on the map when he brought T Billy up from the ps and proceeded to throw to him first time outta the box, and deep, and never really let up....

ironic how that when Guyton came in, we threw deep to him and Herb connected for the longball.... long overdue, and.... we've still got MW and DC.... we've still got longball capabilities even w/Guyton down.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Well leaving Herbert in the game today certainly isn’t going to help any of this.
      Total head scratcher

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There is speculation that the flashpoint was the exact moment Everett was not relieved and the resultant Pick 6.
        Believable.
        Ironic when Staley touts himself as someone who listens and collaborates with his players.

Darius "4.36" Davis
        top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 1

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          have been saying for some time, and despite the forum flak that it usually generates/attracts, that don't really see Staley "connecting" w/the players.... in hip hop talk, he is frontin' more oft than not.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I did not like Herbert's body language in this game, especially at the end being down big. I get that he's never going to be a big rah rah guy and he's nursing an injury that would have most of us on bedrest, but sometimes a little bit of fire can go a long ways. Look at Josh Allen at the end of the Buffalo/Miami game - the dude was beside himself. For losing in week 3. Sometimes your teammates need to see some emotion.

This isn't a criticism of JH as much as a concern that I hope he hasn't simply resided himself to "oh well, we're just the Chargers, this is what we do." I hope it hasn't defeated him already.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

That was then this is now. How much yards per game does he average running the ball this season! We need a back that has the ability to put up 100 rushing yards per game. That ain't EK!
              Yes. He's not that kind of back. But he was more productive than Deebo Samuel last season, so he deserves respect, and to be a team captain.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

21/beach, there's a saying in my world...too much coffee.

Put down the grande "Fog Lifters" Brandon.
                Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

All the Steelers fans said Feiler was a better tackle than guard, or so I thought.
                  This lineup gives you your best 5, now that Slater is out.
                  If they don't move Feiler to RT now, then they never will.
                  If Slator misses time I'd be for it.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    21/beach, there's a saying in my world...too much coffee.

Put down the grande "Fog Lifters" Brandon.
                    :freakout:
                    Darius "4.36" Davis
                    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 1

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Ontario , Canada
                      • Send PM

Norton is not a starter on many other teams and could barely play RT last year, amazing how they can possibly see him as the backup LT. Amazing today though TB on their 3rt LT , backups at OC and OG and w out 3 WRs and they still kept it close.

JAX are underrated IMO a little. they have 2 #1 picks at DE and a bunch of good D players from years of drafting high. They had better RBs and WRs than us today too. They shut out IND at home.

I blame the GM and coaching about 50/50. Even w inj you don't lose 38-10 in your house. That is just too inconsistent. They never get it to have lots of depth.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

have been saying for some time, and despite the forum flak that it usually generates/attracts, that don't really see Staley "connecting" w/the players.... in hip hop talk, he is frontin' more oft than not.
                        Maybe now with McDaniels 0-3 and Staley screwing g the pooch people will get off this flawed idea that John Carrol is any legit football factory and see it for the white boy polo shirt network that it is

Comment

• lightsout42
                          Hire a winning coach
                          • Oct 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                          I did not like Herbert's body language in this game, especially at the end being down big. I get that he's never going to be a big rah rah guy and he's nursing an injury that would have most of us on bedrest, but sometimes a little bit of fire can go a long ways. Look at Josh Allen at the end of the Buffalo/Miami game - the dude was beside himself. For losing in week 3. Sometimes your teammates need to see some emotion.

This isn't a criticism of JH as much as a concern that I hope he hasn't simply resided himself to "oh well, we're just the Chargers, this is what we do." I hope it hasn't defeated him already.
                          Yeah. The Mr. Cool presser was lame.

Comment

Working...
                          X