• Australia
    • Send PM

if only TPB had a member lawyer

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I don't know enough about the complexities of these injections or what happened to poor Tyrod. Maybe this doctor has done a thousand of these and this was the first and only one that went bad? I am sure if it was blatant negligence or malpractice he would be gone.

But if I am Herbert, I am having second thoughts for sure! Same if I am Telesco or Staley. Spent all that money on OL to protect the QB, don't let a needle mess it up.

Chain might know, but I would think that players sign a consent or waiver prior to getting injections from the team?

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

The timing of the lawsuit seems funny to me.
        why now 2 years later?
        if I'm Herbert, I don't want my dr preoccupied with a lawsuit while treating me.
        could this be intentional malice from Tyrod towards Herbert simply out of spite for replacing him?
        Darius "4.36" Davis
        top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
          Tyrod "Turd" Taylor. How can he show financial damage here? Herbert was the future no matter what and Tyrod is claiming he missed his one year opportunity in the lime light. Pathetic!
          Tyrod was set to start the entire 2020 season and Herbert was supposed to sit. Tyrod's argument is that if the doctor had not punctured his lung he could have put together a season that would have led to a starting contract with another team. He has a valid point, he had won his first start.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            The timing of the lawsuit seems funny to me.
            why now 2 years later?
            if I'm Herbert, I don't want my dr preoccupied with a lawsuit while treating me.
            could this be intentional malice from Tyrod towards Herbert simply out of spite for replacing him?
            It's about money. Tyrod feels his career was derailed by the doctor's mistake and his earnings since then have not been what he expected or could've been if he'd not been sideline by the shot that went wrong.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Tyrod was set to start the entire 2020 season and Herbert was supposed to sit. Tyrod's argument is that if the doctor had not punctured his lung he could have put together a season that would have led to a starting contract with another team. He has a valid point, he had won his first start.
              The problem is that the rest of the league knows that Taylor is a journeyman QB and nothing more than a solid backup. So sure, he can make the argument that he lucked into the one coach in the entire league that thought he was better than Herbert and it cost him a starting job. But everyone else knows he isn't a starter. Now that isn't to say he may or may not have a case about the negligence of the doctor as that is a different topic.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The problem is that the rest of the league knows that Taylor is a journeyman QB and nothing more than a solid backup. So sure, he can make the argument that he lucked into the one coach in the entire league that thought he was better than Herbert and it cost him a starting job. But everyone else knows he isn't a starter. Now that isn't to say he may or may not have a case about the negligence of the doctor as that is a different topic.
                Obviously he believes he was good enough to be a starter. I think he has a career winning record and he was undefeated as the starting QB of the Chargers.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It might be hard for him to prove. He sucked on his first start. He would have lost the first game if it weren’t for the other team’s kicker missing the FG.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2021
                    • Davis, CA
                    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                    • Send PM

lawyer shakedown. TT is at best a backup QB. Of course, his 1st witness will be Anthony Lynn. haha

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

There've been lawsuits for much less than this. Poor guy lost his job due to someone else's incompetence. And this incompetent someone is still employed by the team. I wonder if deep down they are glad this incompetent person did that so that Justin could show the world how the team REALLY felt about the Justin and Tyrod competition. This employee can be classified as competent incompetence.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
                        He sucked on his first start.
                        I wouldn't say he sucked, he managed the game, didn't make any mistakes, and the Chargers won.

Comment

Working...
                        X