Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
    I’m afraid Lombo may have already ruined him in less than two seasons :mybrainhurts:
    Deep inside, this is my single biggest fear.
    I hope Herbert reaches out to Brees for any pearls he's willing to drop.
    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

I'm not the biggest Lombardi fan. I didn't like the hire to begin with, because I remembered how he didn't do so well with Matthew Stafford in Detroit. I think a lot of that may have had to do with Stafford wanting to go down the field much more often, and Lombardi may have tried to make him play more like Brees, which is not the way to go.

I fear that is happening with Herbert, but to be fair, he's playing with an injury. Although I won't be disappointed if Lombardi is not the offensive coordinator next season, I think some are going a little too far in saying he's ruining Herbert or Herbert is not the quarterback we thought he was. Herbert's had a few tough games this season, which is expected with the injury he's had. We also can't expect him to go 35-40, for 450 yards, five touchdowns, and no interceptions every week--even when he's healthy.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

And we are 4-2.
        We shouldn't be cheerful ?
        That is like saying, "we made it to the lifeboat and are alive after leaving the Titanic. Shouldn't we be cheerful?" In each of our 4 wins, we have barely escaped disaster...

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

And we are 4-2.
          We shouldn't be cheerful ?
          I am thankful the Chargers are 4-2. The team is banged up right now and has endured some early season adversity. But I believe in the roster and when everybody comes back later in the season the Chargers have a chance to be one of the elite teams going into the post-season. So I am thankful that they are winning these games - even if they are barely winning - to keep the team in contention.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That is like saying, "we made it to the lifeboat and are alive after leaving the Titanic. Shouldn't we be cheerful?" In each of our 4 wins, we have barely escaped disaster...
            So you would rather we lose to justify your continued complaining?

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Before the season began, if you were told the Chargers will lose their RT, their #1 WR, Guyton, Bosa, have Herbert playing with a rib injury, and have several others in and out of the lineup, but they would be 4-2, you would have been happy with that record. This is football, it's about winning or losing - no style points for almost winning or most yards or longest passes - it's all about winning.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• nomad1946
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2017
                • West Yellowstone, Montana
                • Retired
                • Send PM

We could be 2-4 and then you might be happy. Or maybe you thing we should be 0-6 so you can be cheerful?

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think the play quality through 6 games doesn’t meet the expectations set in preseason when the AFC was declared the class of the NFL.

I’m sure the Raider and Bronco fans feel even more disgruntled.

Comparatively, I guess we should be grateful we aren’t stinking it up as bad as them, but the truth is, Chargers could easily be 0-6 and every game that remains on the schedule looks challenging.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post

We could be 2-4 and then you might be happy. Or maybe you thing we should be 0-6 so you can be cheerful?
                    I like and respect Topcat but I totally agree with you on this sentiment.

BTW, I love West Yellowstone. My sis and her husband live in Gallatin Gateway. I was on a fire crew way back when the fires ripped through Yellowstone in the summer of '88. I stayed in West for several weeks.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No, I am just pointing out that we have barely won mostly vs. subpar teams...and now, we've got a tougher schedule up ahead...regarding injuries, EVERY team goes through injuries, but you have to adapt, improvise and overcome...

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

No, I am just pointing out that we have barely won mostly vs. subpar teams...and now, we've got a tougher schedule up ahead...regarding injuries, EVERY team goes through injuries, but you have to adapt, improvise and overcome...
                        We are 4-2. Doesn’t that kind of mean we HAVE overcome?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

And they are winning yet you are still compaining. Never stops about Lombardi. Every team has injuries yes, but we are missing our top dogs.....multiples of them and a QB playing with cracked ribs.

Comment

Working...
                          X