Chargers @ Saints Preseason Game Day Thread (PS #3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep this SHOULD be an exciting season, however can you tell me you are not one bit concerned after how our team played as a whole this preseason, and looking at how the Raiders played theirs??

The one thing I was surprised to see this preseason is how the D or system in place looked very similar to last season when RB's were breaking off big runs and DB's were getting beat etc.??

You could be right though once the stars are in these games and everything counts we could and should be fine and everything going forward in Boltland should be of an ascending nature!!!!!!!
    We didnt play any starters so im not concerned.
    Who cares what the Raiders did in preseason. If we go by preseason, the Ravens had the last 5 seasons sewed up and should have 5 SB trophies.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We didnt play any starters so im not concerned.
      Who cares what the Raiders did in preseason. If we go by preseason, the Ravens had the last 5 seasons sewed up and should have 5 SB trophies.
      I hope you're right! We'll know in the next 5 games if the Chargers have finally turned the corner!

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I don't know either, there's no way to know. However, I give full credit to Kelley. He had a good preseason and he earned his job.
        Kelley worked extra hard in the off season and it paid dividends. I applaud that commitment. It remains to be seen whether he can be a true #2 against front line starters and with OL starters. We will see. But his acceleration and vision is much improved.

spiller showed us nothing. Certainly much less than JJ and he’s already banged up like JJ. Downgrade

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          JH3 and Me
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Kelley worked extra hard in the off season and it paid dividends. I applaud that commitment. It remains to be seen whether he can be a true #2 against front line starters and with OL starters. We will see. But his acceleration and vision is much improved.

spiller showed us nothing. Certainly much less than JJ and he’s already banged up like JJ. Downgrade
          its too early to start calling Spiller a JJ. Lets give the kid a chance

I do agree that in his limited reps he most definitely did not outplay Kelley. Kelley won the job with hard work and non-stop dedication all off-season. With our starting OL, he will run effectively. He showed on a few plays yesterday that he just needs a crease and he’ll hit it like a freight train. Just completely different than his two prior years where he hesitated and stutter stepped. And with more positive reps, his confidence and decisive running could improve even more.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
          X