• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Multiple reports of Chargers DBs being really on top of the offense today. Lots of PBUs up and down the DB roster. Leonard working with 2nd team.

Big difference from DB depth last year.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Looks like we're keeping up with trends.
      Split back speed motion saw a big uptick in use last year, especially GB and DAL. Counter to it was to bring weakside safety up when speed motion starts to restack the box. Opens up potential glance RPO to weakside WR running a post.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Lots of grass right in the middle of the field there.

Motion has a lot of potential to open up and manipulate the D to create those opening. Andy Reid's offense really exploits that. We tried to do it last year but couldn't get it down quite right, lots of procedure penalties early until we trimmed back on motion looks. Really hopeful this type of stuff gets back into the playbook.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Staley Mic'ed up

Direct Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnv5CgfUT0Y

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Just imagine if Z. Horvath makes the 53 !
            So there could be two hits in round 7 this year? As if I wasn’t anticipating this season enough considering the mack trade and the free agency moves,…to have a special draft on top of that would be like a crazy bonus!
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Horvath would add a lot of YACability relative to the attention he draws. Not sure he'll be ready this year.

Everett and Carter also add YAC relative to last year's roster.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Multiple reports of Chargers DBs being really on top of the offense today. Lots of PBUs up and down the DB roster. Leonard working with 2nd team.

Big difference from DB depth last year.
                The whole defense should be night and day from last season, no less than twelve charger free agents and some are defensive players (some starters too) are still unemployed right now so that speaks to the lack of talent on the 2021 defense
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Horvath would add a lot of YACability relative to the attention he draws. Not sure he'll be ready this year.

Everett and Carter also add YAC relative to last year's roster.
                  if they keep one FB type player and he wins the job then he needs to be ready

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

I’m starting to get that confident feeling again, I had it in 79-83, then again 93-95, then again in 2004-2008. I like that feeling

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                      I’m starting to get that confident feeling again, I had it in 79-83, then again 93-95, then again in 2004-2008. I like that feeling
                      I had exackly the same feelings at the same spots.
                      All deceptions except 95 was a surprise for me.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                        I am always a glass half full guy. And many years I was wrong

So though I like a lot of this team - two things
                        1) RT
                        2) 3rd down defense

Both need to improve from last year

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...