• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    From everything I’ve read this TC, the tea leaves have screamed loudly that the coaches love Carter as a true return professional who is also an added great WR. I don’t see the Bandy debate pushing into his roster spot which by all accounts is very secure.

I do hope they retain Bandy - he just gets open every play. That is not a fluke, I don’t care if its against scrubs, none of our other WRs have gotten open every play or close to it. He seems like that slot guy that helped NE collect a fistful of rings …
    I hope we keep Bandy too, but let's be real - if we do he won't see the field this season, barring injury.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I hope we keep Bandy too, but let's be real - if we do he won't see the field this season, barring injury.
      It’s unrealistic to think we won’t have guys miss some games. Fact of life

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It’s unrealistic to think we won’t have guys miss some games. Fact of life
        Yes, but unless multiple receivers miss the same game(s), the 6th WR won't sniff the field.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

They'd use him on special teams, especially if DeAndre Carter is producing on offense.

Also, Carter is more accomplished as a kick returner than a punt returner, if I'm remembering correctly. So it figures that Bandy would be given a chance to show if he's a better option than Carter is as a punt return man.

Of course, whether Bandy was activated on game day would also depend on other needs the team has in a particular week due to player injuries.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Yes, but unless multiple receivers miss the same game(s), the 6th WR won't sniff the field.
            I wouldn’t slot him at 6. Would judge by the opponent and whether Carter is the one injured

Comment

• jox g
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Gotta keep Bandy because if you let go KA next yr, the receiving corp would look like this:

MW, Josh Palmer
              Carter (re-sign, returner, cheaper than KA), Guyton (re sign, deep guy)
              Bandy (returner)

Go w/ 2 QB's because there are PLENTY o #3 QB's out there!!! (Sam Bradford - good passer rating, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Matt Moore - good rating, Cardale Jones, Stick, Shimonek - good rating in Preseason.)

Already sent this to Spanoses on their email.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
                Gotta keep Bandy because if you let go KA next yr, the receiving corp would look like this:

MW, Josh Palmer
                Carter (re-sign, returner, cheaper than KA), Guyton (re sign, deep guy)
                Bandy (returner)

Go w/ 2 QB's.

Already sent this to Spanoses on their email.
                lol... hope you did.... lol

Comment

• jox g
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

lol... hope you did.... lol
                  I did!

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

They'd use him on special teams, especially if DeAndre Carter is producing on offense.

Also, Carter is more accomplished as a kick returner than a punt returner, if I'm remembering correctly. So it figures that Bandy would be given a chance to show if he's a better option than Carter is as a punt return man.

Of course, whether Bandy was activated on game day would also depend on other needs the team has in a particular week due to player injuries.
                    makes sense....

would it be wrong to hope or assume our front office was smart enough to realize we do not need 2 backup QB's when your starter is a young stud and not a 35-40 year old vet??????

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

makes sense....

would it be wrong to hope or assume our front office was smart enough to realize we do not need 2 backup QB's when your starter is a young stud and not a 35-40 year old vet??????
                      I would *hope* so, but Telesco has been saying since OTAs that he intended to keep three QBs, and he hasn't backtracked on it even one iota ever since.

I *do* think that Telesco is smart enough to make the correct call on Michael Bandy.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I would *hope* so, but Telesco has been saying since OTAs that he intended to keep three QBs, and he hasn't backtracked on it even one iota ever since.

I *do* think that Telesco is smart enough to make the correct call on Michael Bandy.
                        they interviewed TT during the broadcast and Fouts said if you don’t keep him he’ll be playing someplace else

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I’m not going to worry if they don’t keep Bandy. Nice player, but WRs are everywhere.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X