• Show
Clear All
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    The Tuna bite has slowed down for us in Diego. Its doing ok up north a ways still. And i heard the 43 is holding good patties with small YFT. Not everyone is catching wahoo at the nine so trolling around for them is so boring to me. Id do it if i had limits of other Pelagic's first.
    Tuna has slowed, but still tuna in late October is amazing! Tuna still out there, another buddy boated several the other day in MX Waters. But he also got a Blue so he has now switched focus to Marlin. ..which of course means trolling. Heard some guy got a black the other day as well.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

bill_parcells.jpg

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I almost had a panic attack that I couldn't get in my daily lurk and Bolt Fix ... No worries tho Fleet, it's all good now - thanks, mang!
        Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
          [ATTACH]818[/ATTACH]
          That woulda been a heckuva catch for us, EE420...
          Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• Wheels
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

Its off and on for me. No idea whats happening. Hopefully Rolling Thunder can explain whats going on. I can post now but i would imagine it will be the same inconsistent back and forth until it gets resolved.

Sorry everybody.
            Sounds like it was a DNS issue. That would explain why it's working for some and not others, and why it never went down for Bolt-O. DNS resolves a domain name to an IP address. Basically tells your browser where to send requests if you're accessing thepowderblues.com. But the results are cached all over the place, so undesired query results sometimes stick for a bit. Should clear up for everyone soon if the root cause was fixed.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

It's back!

Comment

• Geezbolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Sun Valley, ID
                • Send PM

The Tuna bite has slowed down for us in Diego. Its doing ok up north a ways still. And i heard the 43 is holding good patties with small YFT. Not everyone is catching wahoo at the nine so trolling around for them is so boring to me. Id do it if i had limits of other Pelagic's first.
                This fishing talk is music to my ears. I worked as a deckhand for Bob Williams on the San Diego out of Seaforth Landing in the summers of 1968 and 1969. Great memories. I can't believe the wahoo are that far North.

Comment

• Wheels
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

The water was so warm this summer Geez. I think it got up to 77 degrees or so, and is still very comfortable.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Sun Valley, ID
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                    The water was so warm this summer Geez. I think it got up to 77 degrees or so, and is still very comfortable.
                    Wow! I don't recall it ever getting much above 74 for any length of time and that was high. I guess "The Blob" has extended farther south. The most unusual bite I remember when working on the boats was a bluefin tuna bite (small - under 30 lbs) in August of 1969 in the kelp beds off of Sunset Cliffs. We used to laugh about turning left at the jetty on the afternoon runs and heading south toward Point Loma to catch tuna. My brother actually wrote his masters thesis on the sportfishing fleet out of San Diego.

Comment

• TABF
                      Por debajo del promedio
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoCal
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      It's back!
                      No its not... good on phone not on laptop or pc (for me)

Comment

• TABF
                        Por debajo del promedio
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoCal
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                        Wow! I don't recall it ever getting much above 74 for any length of time and that was high. I guess "The Blob" has extended farther south. The most unusual bite I remember when working on the boats was a bluefin tuna bite (small - under 30 lbs) in August of 1969 in the kelp beds off of Sunset Cliffs. We used to laugh about turning left at the jetty on the afternoon runs and heading south toward Point Loma to catch tuna. My brother actually wrote his masters thesis on the sportfishing fleet out of San Diego.
                        It's been amazing this year. DoDo/Tuna and YT within 5 miles of shore were common...not kelp bed common like your expierence, but damn near. The Wahoo bite is AMAZING! 1 or 2 confused wahoo's every 3-4 years compared to now where patient anglers w/the correct marauder are boating + a trip on not wading a ton of gas to get into the zone.

Comment

• TABF
                          Por debajo del promedio
                          • Jun 2013
                          • SoCal
                          • Send PM

Btw...the San Diego is still in operation and still at Seaforth. Great owner/operator (one of best in the fleet)...always leads the 3/4 fleet in pelagics.

Comment

Working...
                          X