Clear All
  • AFboltfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2018
    • Balboa Park bench
    • Medical Simulation
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I did answer your lame question as part of a larger response.

Nice choke job by Burrow today. You were saying something about him playing his best in the biggest games? He essentially did nothing today, but got his stats padded by a circus one-handed catch by Chase and an obvious personal foul facemask by Higgins when he just threw up garbage to start the second half. And how appropriate was it that deer in the headlights Burrow repeatedly held the ball too long in the second half and to end the game.

Yeah, that's right Burrow, pull the ball back down when the 4th down play is designed to be a quick pass. LMAO!
    I was about to say the same thing... Burrow held on to the ball way too long. Half of those sacks were his own fault, but the NFL analysts won't touch it... They'll blame the right side of the line, watch tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Riddle me this, Mr INT-Rate-Man: you rated Jackson>Biurrow yet their INT rates were
      Burrow: 2.6%
      Jackson: 3.4%

Then again, you suggested Watson is better and he didn’t even play.
      My entire discussion has been about now with an eye toward going forward in the immediate future. When Watson plays, he will be better than Burrow. That is not even a comparison. I mean, if I were just using this year's performance, then I would get to bring Brady and his stats from this year into the discussion and there would be yet another QB that is better than Burrow in terms of that metric. But that was never what I was talking about and why Brady was not one of the QBs I listed.

As for Jackson, I appreciate your point about this year's INT rate for Jackson. It is valid and I have acknowledged it. However, we also have a large sample size for Jackson over 4 seasons. So who is he going forward in terms of INT percentage--the guy who played 12 games this year or the guy who played three seasons before that? I believe he is the former and not the latter and that BAL's injuries altered their offense and made this season an anomaly for Jackson. IMO, a healthy Ravens team is easily the best team in the AFCN and further that CIN would not have even been a playoff team had BAL been healthy this season.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I did answer your lame question as part of a larger response.

Nice choke job by Burrow today. You were saying something about him playing his best in the biggest games? He essentially did nothing today, but got his stats padded by a circus one-handed catch by Chase and an obvious personal foul facemask by Higgins when he just threw up garbage to start the second half. And how appropriate was it that deer in the headlights Burrow repeatedly held the ball too long in the second half and to end the game.

Yeah, that's right Burrow, pull the ball back down when the 4th down play is designed to be a quick pass. LMAO!
        No you didn't. You failed.

And this predictable pathetic aggressive post of yours is sad and played out.

In case you missed it in post game. Von Miller just said Joe Burrow is the truth when asked about playing against the Bengals. Somebody who actually played the game at the highest level.

I recommend you stop showing off how much of an ignorant argumentative dipshit you are. It would be good for the TPB forum if you did.
        :beer:
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Lawrence yes. Tua is just too limited physically IMO. His prime is a nice mid tier guy ie. Andy Dalton
          I was gonna say.."TUA?" in the same voice as the head coach who said "PLAYOFFS?!"

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

I think Burrow is a good QB. I haven't seen any greatness from him yet. Chase is great. Bengals had great luck. Burrow is good but couldn't carry the team when they needed him, over and over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

No you didn't. You failed.

And this predictable pathetic aggressive post of yours is sad and played out.

In case you missed it in post game. Von Miller just said Joe Burrow is the truth when asked about playing against the Bengals. Somebody who actually played the game at the highest level.

I recommend you stop showing off how much of an ignorant argumentative dipshit you are. It would be good for the TPB forum if you did.
              :beer:
              Who cares what Miller says? He just became a Super Bowl winner. He is being gracious in victory. How often do you see a player throw player from another team under the bus? Duh.

Here are the facts:

Burrow's final FIVE possessions: punt, punt, punt, punt, stopped on 4th down and 1. LMAO!!! Burrow led the offense to three first downs in his final 5 possessions.

Critty: "But, but, but Burrow plays his best in the biggest games." For the third playoff game in a row, Burrow came up small down the stretch. Suck on it Burrow boy!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Comment

• Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                I think Burrow is a good QB. I haven't seen any greatness from him yet. Chase is great. Bengals had great luck. Burrow is good but couldn't carry the team when they needed him, over and over and over.
                That's exactly right.

I just posted about Burrow doing nothing on his final 5 possessions, but honestly, the 10 points that the Bengals put up in the second half also had nothing to do with Burrow. They got a fluke TD when the refs allowed Burrow's receiver to grab Ramsey by the facemask and throw him to the ground and they got a FG when Stafford threw an INT that put the Bengals in FG range to begin the drive, but Burrow could not convert the turnover into even a short 31 yard TD drive.

But after that, Burrow could not do anything except repeatedly hold the ball too long and take completely unnecessary sacks.

As it turns out, he does not have the "it" factor. In fact, I would say he has close to the negative "it" factor in the clutch as his consistent lack of performance keeps standing out in game after game.

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Burrow was under attack all second half. But that said, he played poorly. Take away the two big plays and he’s got less than 150 yards.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I'd have to agree with, at least the SB, that Burrow did little to lead his team to the W. heck even stafford, who IMO is not a big game qb, led the final TD drive where he only had Kupp to throw to.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                      I'd have to agree with, at least the SB, that Burrow did little to lead his team to the W. heck even stafford, who IMO is not a big game qb, led the final TD drive where he only had Kupp to throw to.
                      All playoffs the D carried them and the opponent melted down. Burrow was along for the ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by equivocation View Post

All playoffs the D carried them and the opponent melted down. Burrow was along for the ride.
                        Again, exactly right.

Comment

• I think that the way the playoffs unfolded, if the Bengals had Herbert instead of Burrow in the playoffs, they are Super Bowl champions right now. Basically, everything was gift wrapped for the Bengals and their offense with screw ups by opposing QBs/offenses.

Just think about the plays on which just a little more athleticism at the QB position could have bought more time for plays to develop. It isn't difficult to imagine as Herbert did that for us throughout the 2020 season when we had the worst OL in the NFL.

At the end of the day, CIN needed a QB that could put the team on his back in the clutch and they do not have one. We do.

Comment

Working...
                          X