• Send PM

6-5 in spite of this craziness.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

My point is that if the Chargers just take care of business by winning a majority of their remaining games, I am confident that both the Patriots and Jets, who are currently ahead the of the Chargers in the playoff standings, will lose enough games for the Chargers to get in. But, again, the Chargers have to win a majority of their remaining games to make it happen.
      My point is...best of luck with that.

image_6369.jpg

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So you are admitting that NFL defenses have to deal with a variety of offenses.

Will Tua be banged up vs SFs front ?

How does the Chargers three consecutive stops late in the 4th quarter fit into the assessment of the state of the Chargers at this moment ?

I, for one, am going to let this play out.

Players flash late in most seasons, and it might be Fehoko or Nasir or who knows who.

You did just post a book about positivity last night, didn't you ?
        I believe Telesco being fired is absolutely a positive for the fans and the organization.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I believe Telesco being fired is absolutely a positive for the fans and the organization.
          Consider this - the owners will replace TT with another guy that has never been a GM before, just like they do when they replace a HC. Do you trust them to get someone better?
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Telesco would be a fall guy.
            There are a long list of reasons.
            Cap management and player development exists in a continuum.
            We should be able to have intelligent cordial discussions.
            Why not ?
            Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Telesco would be a fall guy.
              There are a long list of reasons.
              Cap management and player development exists in a continuum.
              We should be able to have intelligent cordial discussions.
              Why not ?
              I think I should start a new thread on GMs and post my ideas there, what do you think? I should consolidate my lines of thought on GM evaluations there, rather than 2022 season discussion thread, as I think what I am posting about is prospects for the 2023 season, which starts in six weeks, as January 9th is Black Monday.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I think I should start a new thread on GMs and post my ideas there, what do you think? I should consolidate my lines of thought on GM evaluations there, rather than 2022 season discussion thread, as I think what I am posting about is prospects for the 2023 season, which starts in six weeks, as January 9th is Black Monday.
                Yes.
                Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Let me gues, you wanted OL?
                  I seem to recall many wanted Simmons. I was strong for Herbie - the best call of my long life. Could be the singular call i will ever have to crow about …

black and white raven GIF
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    JH3 and Me
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

There is an Is It Time To Fire Telesco? thread, that would seem like a great place for GM talk. I think he’s long proven to be a perfectly average middle of road GM capable of building and sustaining a perfectly average middle of road roster. his teams will never be last place, but never elite.

This latest draft is shaping up to be yet another perfectly average draft. Solid R1 OG, (cheated on Rd2, a great trade but at the cost of shorter shelf life), and from 3 down its more meh than yea. Spiller - average. Horvath - average. A few late DBs - average. Woods - wtf? Salyer is a surprise great pick but thats not enough to move the needle. Story of every draft - he never gets enough “better” players to exceed the attrition rate of NFL rosters and move the roster up a notch so we tread water in place for yet another year.

I get injuries devastated his off-season strategy this year. But its not one year, its 10. Average is not the goal, its past time to part ways and try again.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

But you just schematically prioritized the pass, Coach. Is that why you have the worst run defense in modern recorded history?

2020 Chargers: 10th in total defense
                      2021 Chargers: 23rd in total defense
                      2022 Chargers: 25th in total defense

WW.png
                      There are 3 phases to a team.
                      Special Teams and Offense are missing from your assessment of this 15-13 HC. There is also a thing called home field advantage that is missing. Look at the other 3 teams in AFC West. It's pretty obvious they travel well and show up at home.
                      Chargers are basically a homeless team.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I seem to recall many wanted Simmons. I was strong for Herbie - the best call of my long life. Could be the singular call i will ever have to crow about …

black and white raven GIF
                        I wanted to trade the farm for Burrow. Joe makes the routine throw look easy peasy when Herbert sometimes makes them harder than he should.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

So you are admitting that NFL defenses have to deal with a variety of offenses.

Will Tua be banged up vs SFs front ?

How does the Chargers three consecutive stops late in the 4th quarter fit into the assessment of the state of the Chargers at this moment ?

I, for one, am going to let this play out.

Players flash late in most seasons, and it might be Fehoko or Nasir or who knows who.

You did just post a book about positivity last night, didn't you ?
                          You should let it go....I dont even engage some of these folks when they are like this. SB winning Bucs and Rams lose just a few pieces to attrition, and they are mid. We lose far more to injury, still fighting, but they want to blow it all up.

Let them dream about Payton inheriting a team against the cap with no good draft picks, (people forget we have to trade for his rights) just when we need those picks, with big Herbert contract on the horizon...I will stick with Staley, even if he doesnt win a SB in his second year with a decimated roster. Only thing I concede is possible coordinator changes...but we will see...
                          Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X