• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    There's good news everybody! I've changed my mind on Pipkins. In fact, I'm re-signing everybody!
    In an unprecedented move, the NFL has decided to award the most beleaguered fanbase a magic pot of leprechaun gold. We won!
    We're not sure if it was awarded because the cheap-ass owner abandoned his loyal base in San Diego... or if it was the series of historic collapses the fanbase has endured...
    But we're spending the shit out of that mother*%@!

The first thing we do is... keep everybody! Callahan, Fox, Tranquil, Adderly, Carter... even Pipkins! He can be that depth piece we've been yearning for.

"But Nutty", you say, "How can we find someone better than the Mighty Pip"? "How can we fit all of those FA's under the cap"?
    People... pay attention... it's leprechaun money! The biggest advantage of leprechaun money is that it doesn't actually exist... so it can't be counted against the cap.
    As for Pipkins becoming nothing but depth... we must spend one of our 7 first round picks on the best available OT.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! How did we get 6 more first round picks, Nutty?" you say...?
    * Apparently, the tables have turned in regards to the Sean Payton negotiations... per a source. The team that lands Payton will no longer have to give up a 1st round pick... but rather, will be awarded a 1st round pick for their cunningness in the arts of negotiation. Fabiani will broker the deal.
    * The NFL has decided to rectify a previous injury. The Dallas Cowboys must forfeit their 1st round pick to the remaining Chargers fans living in San Diego. Jerry Jones' shameless pandering to bring a team to LA was deemed fraudulent. Apparently, LA was already getting a team (the Rams) and the 2nd team wasn't really needed/required. The $650 million relocation fee will be converted into a 1st round pick... per a source. For his loss, Jerry Jones will be compensated in leprechaun gold... which Jones will immediately convert into Bitcoin.
    * The Chargers had planned on firing Staley. Per a source... while negotiating the Payton deal, Fabiani secretly traded Staley to the Broncos for a 1st round pick. Additional 1st round picks were awarded for Lombardi and Hill... as the trifecta seems to be inseparable.
    * The details of the 6th first round pick are a little fuzzy... but it's rumored to include leprechaun gold... per a source.

6 of the first round picks will be evenly dispersed along all 3 levels of the offense/defense (this will alleviate the endless bickering)... the 7th first round pick (the Jones Compensation Pick) will be given to Roo... even though he no longer lives in San Diego.

The remaining picks will be used on depth. The remaining cap overage will be paid with leprechaun money... only this time it will be recognized as real tender.
    No response is needed... you can send your appreciation and praise via PM.
    Pip played pretty well yesterday. Not sure why you needed to type all this. Bad timing.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Pip played pretty well yesterday. Not sure why you needed to type all this. Bad timing.
      I didn't put much effort into exclusively watching Pip. IIRC, he gave up a sack. Unfortunately, it was impossible to ignore Sarrell and every time his man converged on our QB. Without hesitation, I can tell that he is not our future swing tackle.

I couldn't care less about timing.
      OLineCentric

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

I didn't put much effort into exclusively watching Pip. IIRC, he gave up a sack. Unfortunately, it was impossible to ignore Sarrell and every time his man converged on our QB. Without hesitation, I can tell that he is not our future swing tackle.

Still, better than Norton. Maybe he can play Guard?
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Still, better than Norton. Maybe he can play Guard?
          I never wanted either of them. As a trencher (now exiled) I expect better.
          OLineCentric

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

I never wanted either of them. As a trencher (now exiled) I expect better.
            At least Sarrel is a quality speedbump on the way to the QB. Norton misses his blocks 50% of the time. Whiffs badly.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

At least Sarrel is a quality speedbump on the way to the QB. Norton misses his blocks 50% of the time. Whiffs badly.
              If either are on next year's final-53, I'll be very disappointed.
              OLineCentric

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                Dea Spanos my HERO
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

On a positive (more realistic) note, no one will have to give up a nut this offseason... unless you really want to. It's a free country.
                Atta boy Nutty plus ...."Uncle Vito" will not have to collect the testicular debt forcefully.

Now as for the leprechaun shit - crack is bad.

Carry on

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Actually, I don't think Pip gave up a sack,..... we only gave up 2 and Allen blew by McKitty or Parham i believe for the sack as he was out wide.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Sarell is terrible. I've seen Storm play better than him and if the coaches think Storm is worse then they should of just cut him.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-15-2023, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Actually, I don't think Pip gave up a sack,..... we only gave up 2 and Allen blew by McKitty or Parham i believe for the sack as he was out wide.
                      He gave up a sack to Trayvon Walker in the 4th. It was the play where Walker roughed up Herbert and got called for unnecessary roughness. Maybe it didn't show up in the stats because of the penalty... but it was there. Pip just got out-leveraged and pushed straight back into Herbert's lap.

You made me go back and focus on Pip. There's nothing special there. A lot of inconsistency. Zion had a below-average game.
                      I hated the play-calling in the 2nd half (especially all of the predictable 1st down runs)... but there was a lot of sloppy play, too.
                      Linsley and Feiler were probably our best OL last night. Salyer was above average before getting hurt.
                      OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Atta boy Nutty plus ...."Uncle Vito" will not have to collect the testicular debt forcefully.

Now as for the leprechaun shit - crack is bad.

Carry on
                        What if a leprechaun gave up a testicle...?
                        I'm just try to make dreams come true, here....
                        OLineCentric

Comment

• Scotty Boy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2017
                          • Send PM

There’s been a lot written about Joey Bosa’s immaturity and its cost - and effect - on yesterday’s loss.

One facet which I haven’t seen referenced but also played a HUGE (negative) impact, is his lack of containing the edge on run plays.

This offseason, Joey needs to re-evaluate himself and come back in 2023 with much more focus; if not, he becomes a trade/cut candidate in 2024. In the modern NFL, it’s all about value.,,.

Comment

Working...
                          X