• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Fehoko showed well last year when he got in some playing time due to injuries but as soon as the injured players got well, they sat him back down. I didn't understand it then and I still don't get it.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      Fehoko showed well last year when he got in some playing time due to injuries but as soon as the injured players got well, they sat him back down. I didn't understand it then and I still don't get it.
      Same thing happened to him after a good camp and pre season this year. Put him on the practice squad. We’re lucky nobody snatched this guy up.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        You can't run.
        #polynesianpower
        He and Alohi have been very good for us the past 2 weeks. The Islands!!!

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Same thing happened to him after a good camp and pre season this year. Put him on the practice squad. We’re lucky nobody snatched this guy up.
          Low mileage on his body too. Should be able to get good value for years to come.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Good stat cmplxgal
            This stat has been so important defensively! Get off the field and not let teams wear ya down. It’s been so great to see.

I remember Rivera would consistently get more with less when he was Chargers defensive coordinator. He would have been a great option for head coach for the Chargers back then instead of continuing with Norv I think. I think solid coaching is very underrated and so critical in big moments.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

This stat has been so important defensively! Get off the field and not let teams wear ya down. It’s been so great to see.

I remember Rivera would consistently get more with less when he was Chargers defensive coordinator. He would have been a great option for head coach for the Chargers back then instead of continuing with Norv I think. I think solid coaching is very underrated and so critical in big moments.
              2010 Chargers were fun to watch defensively (and offensively). Certainly sad and entertaining at the same time when you factor in the special teams unit that year that cost us upwards of 5 games. #1 defense and offense that year in most metrics.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

13 game winning drives by Herbert in just a few seasons is just incredible!! I’m not sure if Mahomes has that many in the same span.

Two critical pics in the red-zone, but Herbert was still able to make the plays at the end to give Dicker a reasonable chance to win it, which of course he did. I’m not overly concerned by the turnovers cause Herbert normally does a great job of taking care of the ball. A significant number of his interceptions can be attributed to the WRs really.

Lombardi is getting much heat for the low output in this game, but the Chargers did turn it over multiple times in the red-zone and even though the Titans defense has struggled of late, Vrabel is still a very solid game planning coach who is proven.

Unlike in previous years though, the defense kept the Chargers in the game until the very end. That is what I was hoping for with a defensive mind as head coach.

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  Yeah, I remembered this happening and was curious with some of the decision making regarding our backup players. Does anyone know if it's the HC, DC, or the positional coaches that make these decisions?

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
                    Serenity now!
                    • Sep 2021
                    • North Carolina
                    • Teacher
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Yeah, I remembered this happening and was curious with some of the decision making regarding our backup players. Does anyone know if it's the HC, DC, or the positional coaches that make these decisions?
                    I would think they would communicate with each other and come to a consensus when it comes to that kind of thing, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                      13 game winning drives by Herbert in just a few seasons is just incredible!! I’m not sure if Mahomes has that many in the same span.

Two critical pics in the red-zone, but Herbert was still able to make the plays at the end to give Dicker a reasonable chance to win it, which of course he did. I’m not overly concerned by the turnovers cause Herbert normally does a great job of taking care of the ball. A significant number of his interceptions can be attributed to the WRs really.

Lombardi is getting much heat for the low output in this game, but the Chargers did turn it over multiple times in the red-zone and even though the Titans defense has struggled of late, Vrabel is still a very solid game planning coach who is proven.

Unlike in previous years though, the defense kept the Chargers in the game until the very end. That is what I was hoping for with a defensive mind as head coach.
                      Mahomes has 13 regular season GWD in 6 seasons compared to 3 seasons for Herbert. He does also have 2 GWD in the post season. But Mahomes playing for a better organization and coaching staff in his career has clearly had much more success winning.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Mahomes has 13 regular season GWD in 6 seasons compared to 3 seasons for Herbert. He does also have 2 GWD in the post season. But Mahomes playing for a better organization and coaching staff in his career has clearly had much more success winning.
                          Herbert has two years with this offense, one year with the current team and 2023 has been difficult with inconsistent OL and receiver availability.
                          Let's make this comparison after 6 years of coaching stability for Herbert.

Comment

Working...
                          X