• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I seem to recall many wanted Simmons. I was strong for Herbie - the best call of my long life. Could be the singular call i will ever have to crow about …

black and white raven GIF
    I remember wanting Simmons or Derrick Brown in the 1st and Hurts in the 2nd. Not disappointed how it turned out except for maybe Murray. But I still think it has to do with coaching with him. Because he was solid in his 1st year.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

To the fire TT crowd would you have any regrets if his replacements last name was Spanos?
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• lightsout42
        Hire a winning coach
        • Oct 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        To the fire TT crowd would you have any regrets if his replacements last name was Spanos?
        Probably—but then we don’t know if there would be a difference anyway.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post

Probably—but then we don’t know if there would be a difference anyway.
          They have taken this journey together. TT did his apprenticeship with the Colts org, John S with the NFL and Chargers.

Are there people who do not like the Chargers roster?
          TT nailed the big 3, QB, OLT, Edge all top Pro Bowl players.
          Pre injury we were a top 5 roster and are 6-5 with the most injured roster in the NFL.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I mention it because I believe eventually John Spanos will take over the GM roll for better or worse and it's just a matter of time.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I mention it because I believe eventually John Spanos will take over the GM roll for better or worse and it's just a matter of time.
              :freakout:
              Darius "4.36" Davis
              top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

They have taken this journey together. TT did his apprenticeship with the Colts org, John S with the NFL and Chargers.

Are there people who do not like the Chargers roster?
                TT nailed the big 3, QB, OLT, Edge all top Pro Bowl players.
                Pre injury we were a top 5 roster and are 6-5 with the most injured roster in the NFL.
                Good post.
                Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You should let it go....I dont even engage some of these folks when they are like this. SB winning Bucs and Rams lose just a few pieces to attrition, and they are mid. We lose far more to injury, still fighting, but they want to blow it all up.

Let them dream about Payton inheriting a team against the cap with no good draft picks, (people forget we have to trade for his rights) just when we need those picks, with big Herbert contract on the horizon...I will stick with Staley, even if he doesnt win a SB in his second year with a decimated roster. Only thing I concede is possible coordinator changes...but we will see...
                  Your feedback is greatly appreciated, Sir.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Why in the world would he take over the position of GM? That position reports to him.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You should let it go....I dont even engage some of these folks when they are like this. SB winning Bucs and Rams lose just a few pieces to attrition, and they are mid. We lose far more to injury, still fighting, but they want to blow it all up.

Let them dream about Payton inheriting a team against the cap with no good draft picks, (people forget we have to trade for his rights) just when we need those picks, with big Herbert contract on the horizon...I will stick with Staley, even if he doesnt win a SB in his second year with a decimated roster. Only thing I concede is possible coordinator changes...but we will see...
                      I co-sign this 100 percent Lone. What I see is a Chargers team that is close.

Things have not gone according to plan, and when you look at the number of injuries, you can understand why. But even though it has not gone as planned, it hasn't been a disaster either.

Six wins and five losses and very viably in the playoff hunt. The team is playing hard. There is 100 percent buy-in.

Some here complain the Chargers "haven't beat a good team yet," and point to the records of the teams the Chargers have defeated, as if it's some sort of shame to beat bad teams.

If the Chargers had been blown out by the 49ers and Chiefs, I would be less optimistic about this current team. However, the Chargers were not blown out by these two teams, who many consider to be the elite of the elite. The Chargers dominated both these teams in the first half. The reason they faded in the 2nd half of those games is down to injuries to key players.

When those key players have returned and the team is near complete again, I think the Chargers are as good as anybody.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I co-sign this 100 percent Lone. What I see is a Chargers team that is close.

Things have not gone according to plan, and when you look at the number of injuries, you can understand why. But even though it has not gone as planned, it hasn't been a disaster either.

Six wins and five losses and very viably in the playoff hunt. The team is playing hard. There is 100 percent buy-in.

Some here complain the Chargers "haven't beat a good team yet," and point to the records of the teams the Chargers have defeated, as if it's some sort of shame to beat bad teams.

If the Chargers had been blown out by the 49ers and Chiefs, I would be less optimistic about this current team. However, the Chargers were not blown out by these two teams, who many consider to be the elite of the elite. The Chargers dominated both these teams in the first half. The reason they faded in the 2nd half of those games is down to injuries to key players.

When those key players have returned and the team is near complete again, I think the Chargers are as good as anybody.
                        They are “close” every year and the excuse is always injuries.

The hallmark of Telesco’s tenure is shiity backups and refusal to bring in quality replacements before the trade deadline.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

They are “close” every year and the excuse is always injuries.

The hallmark of Telesco’s tenure is shiity backups and refusal to bring in quality replacements before the trade deadline.
                          Please explain what you would have done this year.
                          Example.
                          Suh. Free agent. His choice.
                          Telesco made his move in the off season.
                          After this commitment, the best option was to ride out our injury cataclysm.

My $0.02.

Comment

Working...
                          X