• Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

'Have I looked at the schedule for the Jets?'

Have YOU scrolled up to post #7335? Clearly, you have not.

For the second time, I am not subscribing to waiting for the Jets to collapse, so the Chargers make the playoffs and keep Telesco. Hard, hard pass on that nonsense.
    My point is that if the Chargers just take care of business by winning a majority of their remaining games, I am confident that both the Patriots and Jets, who are currently ahead the of the Chargers in the playoff standings, will lose enough games for the Chargers to get in. But, again, the Chargers have to win a majority of their remaining games to make it happen.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Staley, the defensive guru we hired two years ago, and taken a mediocre defense and - with more weapons - flushed it right down the toilet. Whoever thought we'd miss Gus Bradley's "Picket Fence" defense!?? Staley is obviously in over his head, doesn't deserve to be a head coach, and we'd be MUCH better off with him, all of his crew (except the ST coach) AND Telesco on the street.

But hey, we're 6-5! What an accomplishment! Let's squeak into the playoffs so we can get smacked by KC or Buffalo and experience this - again - next year!!! LOL!
      The Spanos Family zealously moved to LA - with dollar signs in their eyes - to cash in on the franchise they inherited, not giving any consideration to the fact that public scrutiny and criticism of their ownership would multiply geometrically in a larger media market. When their mismanagement of their stellar franchise QB becomes apparent to the public at-large, they will be excoriated by the press and the fans alike.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Thank you for this. IMO, Staley contradicted himself in his philosophy of defending the pass over defending the run and to be honest, Gus Bradley put a better defense on the field and the numbers bear that out. I'm done with him, his defensive coordinator Hill and Telesco.
        The issue is personnel over scheme IMHO.

What is your projection vs MIA ?
        We already know that LVR & TEN will be great challenges.
        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Thank you for this. IMO, Staley contradicted himself in his philosophy of defending the pass over defending the run and to be honest, Gus Bradley put a better defense on the field and the numbers bear that out. I'm done with him, his defensive coordinator Hill and Telesco.
          Actually, Staley has NOT contradicted himself.

He has only been unsuccessful in what he is trying to do.

JMO.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

The Spanos Family zealously moved to LA - with dollar signs in their eyes - to cash in on the franchise they inherited, not giving any consideration to the fact that public scrutiny and criticism of their ownership would multiply geometrically in a larger media market. When their mismanagement of their stellar franchise QB becomes apparent to the public at-large, they will be excoriated by the press and the fans alike.
            Additional factors include corruption in San Diego and the reality that the NFL rejected Chargers-Raiders to Carson, and approved Rams to Inglewood. The Chargers were then compelled to move to LA or face obviously impossible circumstances...
            Rams + Raiders at SoFi, Chargers at SD with no stadium deal.

Of course Spanos was "zealous."

Spin a yarn, ghost.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

4-2 road record.
              2-3 home record.
              Spanos is renting in LA which didn't want them, so Chargers don't own a home. It matters. 12th man is missing from this team. It is still all road games for this team which is why I think they travel well.
              Certainly don't have a Arrowhead advantage like KC and Mahomes have.
              I think it might even affect the refs at SoFi to ignore penalty because there's no 12th man raining boos down on the zebras or forcing false starts and delays.
              Spanos should blame themselves for the 2-3 home record. Not having the fans to make enough noise to have any real impact on the game. This is not the job Payton or Harbaugh want. They both would rather go to Denver and find a QB than go to the homeless Chargers with meddlesome owners.
              It is what it is.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The issue is personnel over scheme IMHO.

What is your projection vs MIA ?
                We already know that LVR & TEN will be great challenges.
                Tennessee is a loss. Staley is so rigid that he is playing his scheme (prioritizing pass defense over run defense), with talent acquired from the last head coach and players signed from the practice squad, and expecting them to 'execute'. So, I don't see Staley being able to stop the best run offense in the second half. Loss.

I see Miami as a loss as well. But for different reasons. The way that the Dolphins use speed and route combinations to gash opponents in the passing game concerns me. I don't think the Chargers can overcome the #2 seed in the AFC.

Back to the Chargers - Broncos, Chargers & Raiders fans have never seen their team beat Patrick Mahomes at their home stadiums. Raiders + Broncos fired their GMs. It's Telesco's turn.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

I don't disagree with your assertion that the Spanoses' management of the franchise has been inept. I think the move to LA was folly. Where you and I differ, is that you hope that public disapproval from fans the and the press is somehow going to make the Spanos family change the way they do things. I don't think the Spanoses are going to change. They are going to continue to Spanos. I've accept this fact and have chosen to remain a fan of the team - and Herbert - with the hope that in spite of the Spanoses, the team will succeed, or that their crazy way of doing things might actually work someday and produce a Lombardi.

The Spanoses aren't going to sell the franchise. They aren't going to be forced to sell. They aren't going to remove the sons of Dean from their management positions in the franchise. Again, I've accepted this. To pin ones hopes that suddenly the Chargers are going to have new ownership or that the Spanoses are going to have an epiphany and surrender control of the team to competent football people is folly IMO.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Tennessee is a loss. Staley is so rigid that he is playing his scheme (prioritizing pass defense over run defense), with talent acquired from the last head coach and players signed from the practice squad, and expecting them to 'execute'. So, I don't see Staley being able to stop the best run offense in the second half. Loss.

I see Miami as a loss as well. But for different reasons. The way that the Dolphins use speed and route combinations to gash opponents in the passing game concerns me. I don't think the Chargers can overcome the #2 seed in the AFC.

Back to the Chargers - Broncos, Chargers & Raiders fans have never seen their team beat Patrick Mahomes at their home stadiums. Raiders + Broncos fired their GMs. It's Telesco's turn.
                    So you are admitting that NFL defenses have to deal with a variety of offenses.

Will Tua be banged up vs SFs front ?

How does the Chargers three consecutive stops late in the 4th quarter fit into the assessment of the state of the Chargers at this moment ?

I, for one, am going to let this play out.

Players flash late in most seasons, and it might be Fehoko or Nasir or who knows who.

You did just post a book about positivity last night, didn't you ?

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Actually, Staley has NOT contradicted himself.

He has only been unsuccessful in what he is trying to do.

JMO.
                      Staley believes in devoting more schematic resources to the back end to prevent explosions and efficiency in the passing game.
                      "We need to play better up front in the run game, and that’s all 11 guys. It’s not just the front. It’s all 11 guys."
                      But you just schematically prioritized the pass, Coach. Is that why you have the worst run defense in modern recorded history?

2020 Chargers: 10th in total defense
                      2021 Chargers: 23rd in total defense
                      2022 Chargers: 25th in total defense

WW.png

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

So you are admitting that NFL defenses have to deal with a variety of offenses.

Will Tua be banged up vs SFs front ?

How does the Chargers three consecutive stops late in the 4th quarter fit into the assessment of the state of the Chargers at this moment ?

I, for one, am going to let this play out.

Players flash late in most seasons, and it might be Fehoko or Nasir or who knows who.

You did just post a book about positivity last night, didn't you ?
                        Name a single question I have asked you this morning. One.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't disagree with your assertion that the Spanoses' management of the franchise has been inept. I think the move to LA was folly. Where you and I differ, is that you hope that public disapproval from fans the and the press is somehow going to make the Spanos family change the way they do things. I don't think the Spanoses are going to change. They are going to continue to Spanos. I've accept this fact and have chosen to remain a fan of the team - and Herbert - with the hope that in spite of the Spanoses, the team will succeed, or that their crazy way of doing things might actually work someday and produce a Lombardi.

The Spanoses aren't going to sell the franchise. They aren't going to be forced to sell. They aren't going to remove the sons of Dean from their management positions in the franchise. Again, I've accepted this. To pin ones hopes that suddenly the Chargers are going to have new ownership or that the Spanoses are going to have an epiphany and surrender control of the team to competent football people is folly IMO.
                          I want a real GM, not Tom Telesco + John Spanos making the picks. I cannot be clear enough on this point.

I want a real GM.
                          I want a real GM.
                          ​​​​​​​I want a real GM.

Comment

Working...
                          X