• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I'm all-in with ya, Clan. Playoffs or bust. Will withhold the pitchforks until they are required. Let's eat us some blackbird pie on Sunday, with a slight variation.
    I'll go along with that.

The pitchforks have been sharpened enough; the planks have all been mended and are ready for use;
    the mob has been assembled and is ready for action.
    Everyone knows they are there, waiting.... no need to parade them about.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

In 1983, the Lions didn't beat a good team until Week 13. Wait...what does this have to do with anything again?
      The Bengals went to the Super Bowl last season. That's what it has to do with.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

LA Times article this morning pointed out the Chargers scoring problems by quarter. In the 2nd quarter of games they have scored 119 points so far and only 108 in all 3 other quarters combined. In their last 16 2nd half possessions they have only scored 1 TD and that was with 1:46 left against KC. It’s a pretty glaring deficiency. They’ve only “won” 2 second halves this season, against Cleveland and Denver. Been outscored in every other 2nd half.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          LA Times article this morning pointed out the Chargers scoring problems by quarter. In the 2nd quarter of games they have scored 119 points so far and only 108 in all 3 other quarters combined. In their last 16 2nd half possessions they have only scored 1 TD and that was with 1:46 left against KC. It’s a pretty glaring deficiency. They’ve only “won” 2 second halves this season, against Cleveland and Denver. Been outscored in every other 2nd half.
          That is an amazing stat. They had problems all of last year with 3rd quarters....they got blitzed right after the half in seemingly every game.

Staley emphasized fast starts two weeks ago before the San Fran game.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That is an amazing stat. They had problems all of last year with 3rd quarters....they got blitzed right after the half in seemingly every game.

Staley emphasized fast starts two weeks ago before the San Fran game.
            Now he needs to emphasize the second half.

before he emphasized the fast starts we had been outscored 51-3 in 1st quarters.

just play 4 quarters gents. Of course there will be ebbs and flows but you can’t consistently lose the second half

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              Starting to sound like a cult, whose members still believe in the mystical and purifying powers of the leader,
              despite the rumors of his fiddling around with every skirt who lives on the compound,
              and whose genitals are inflamed with canker sores from the gonorrhea.

Waiting for the comet Staley-Bopp to pass by and be transported to nirvana.

This post will not go over well with a few.:koolaid:
              Sign me up.
              minus the Gonorrhea and canker sores.
              Haha
              Darius "4.36" Davis
              top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 3

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                I see widespread underachievement by this fanbase.

Of all the times to call for an overhaul. Why now ? It is a crucial moment. Yeah, pick up your toys and go home.

I see a team decimated by injuries.

There is no other way to describe this. The philosophy and commitment by Staley has clearly been to depend on stars and scheme.

Our high salary difference makers are not contributing due to injury. Mack/Bosa. Allen/Williams. That is enough to set back the entire scheme.

This place says now is the time to kick in the balls those we ought to be unwaveringly loyal too.

Too many are whiney and weak because of thus far unmet expectations for 2022. Endlessly projecting negativity and posing as victims is not the way.

Next up is AZ. One at a time. Compete. Bury "Chargering."

You cast judgement on a group of fans that can't agree on much of anything even during prosperity. But the bottom line is it's a 'next man up' league and the Chargers' lack of depth kills them: year-in, and year-out. It's the front office. Witnessed enough bad football to understand what I am watching, and the antecedents.

I, personally, see the #1 Golden Rule of business - Hire someone smarter than yourself in a given field and then delegate authority - being pissed on by Vito and Fredo Corleone. (That's Deano + John)

I'm on to evaluating choices for a new GM and HC for next season. Starting with the list above.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

You cast judgement on a group of fans that can't agree on much of anything even during prosperity. But the bottom line is it's a 'next man up' league and the Chargers' lack of depth kills them: year-in, and year-out. It's the front office. Witnessed enough bad football to understand what I am watching, and the antecedents.

I, personally, see the #1 Golden Rule of business - Hire someone smarter than yourself in a given field and then delegate authority - being pissed on by Vito and Fredo Corleone. (That's Deano + John)

I'm on to evaluating choices for a new GM and HC for next season. Starting with the list above.
                  Maybe you should start a new thread - for pessimists only.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                    Chargers Hall of Fame
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Bengals went to the Super Bowl last season. That's what it has to do with.
                    Oh, gotcha. It affects our team this season. Got it...wait. Huh?

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                      Chargers Hall of Fame
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

A dinghy for the dingy's... pass.

See you in the playoffs!
                      See me in the playoffs? Interesting.

Which playoff team will you be rooting for?

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Maybe you should start a new thread - for pessimists only.

Truth Sounds Like Hate.jpg

Question In light of all the Chargers injuries and lack of depth (general manager Tom Telesco standing pat before the trade deadline), when is the team going to hold Telesco accountable? I heard that the Patriots had concerns about the health of J.C. Jackson and Telesco signs him to play zone when he is a man-to-man coverage corner. Terrific Tom (I call him Terrible Tom) has a losing record after nine seasons and has made several bad first-round picks. The good first-round picks fell into his lap except moving up to take Kenneth Murray (never will be All-Pro). Williams, James, Herbert. Slater fell into his lap as he didn’t do anything creative.

Harvey Smith, Dayton, Nev.

Jeff Miller: I suspect ownership will hold Telesco accountable after this season. If the Chargers don’t make the playoffs, I would think there’s a good chance this team could have a new GM next year. I agree with your assessment on his top picks of late. They all seemed to be pretty obvious, including OL Zion Johnson in 2022. I don’t think Telesco is a terrible GM. He’s very responsible and does everything with the franchise’s best interest in mind. This team is in good financial shape right now because of him. But two playoff appearances in 10 years just isn’t enough in pro sports.
                        Is Jeff Miller of the LA Times a pessimist too?

With eight weeks remaining, the Rams' playoff chances seem dismal, especially after losing Cooper Kupp. The Chargers are in the hunt but lack depth. Is that GM Tom Telesco's fault?

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2020
                          • Send PM

Just like with former Chargers offensive coordinators (exaggerating of course), the NFL is littered with former Chargers kickers. If I didn’t know better, I would think the Chargers is a developing ground for offensive coordinators and kickers after running them out of town first.

What’s that old saying.. One’s rags is another one’s riches.

Comment

Working...
                          X